Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any chance Mike Shanahan drafts Trent Richardson?

HRNY4ZRNY

So our coach is known for taking unknown running backs and turning them into 1,000 yard backs. We have Helu, Royster and Hightower so I would not call this a position of need as much as CB, WR and QB.

But what if Luck and RGiii are off the board. Mike likes Bradford alot but he is so risky.

Is there any chance Mike falls in love with Richardson's power and one cut and gone speed?

This reminds me of the draft we took Laron Landry. Adrian Peterson is on the board but we have Clinton so we don't "need" Adrian Peterson.

To me Trent Richardson looks like Michael Turner but way better. A little MJD in him.

Do you all think this is a possibility?

if we fail at getting Luck or RGIII, and they don't like Landry Jones, I think they trade back in the draft again... doubt they go RB, when they have already said that is the deepest position on the roster

Yeah, this is my first thought too.

I just think Trent Richardson is special. He would turn our RB corps potentially to a elite level. He might help open up our passing game aswell.

Question is, if a healthy Adrian Peterson was there at pick 6 this year... Would we take him?

Yeah, this is my first thought too.

I just think Trent Richardson is special. He would turn our RB corps potentially to a elite level. He might help open up our passing game aswell.

Question is, if a healthy Adrian Peterson was there at pick 6 this year... Would we take him?

The way I see it is, we have an above average RB corp... we have below average in many other places... i would say no to AP talent and strengthen other areas.

Given our glaring need for a QB I'd have to say no. We will try to trade up for either Luck or RGIII (assuming of course RGIII declares). If we can't do that I think we try to trade back, but not too far, and take Tannehill.

Ideally I would like Luck as first option and RGIII as the second option but a scenario were Peyton Manning gets released and is a free agent and we sign him so he can hold the reigns for 3 years and we pick Tannehill to develop behind him would be very interesting.

RB is a very short-lived position. All other 10 starters to be above average if he is to be elite. If the other 10 guys are not at least above average, you are investing in a player who won't be anything better than good. RBs also don't tend to create a lot of explosive plays unless the opposing defenses screw up. An average to good back running behind an explosive offense that can force defenses to go light and/or spread out is better than elite RB behind a mediocre offense.

No because we don't need another back when we have Hightower, Helu and Royster on the roster. I think that Torain might not be here next year with those three on the roster. I agree we need a good QB, CB and some O-linemen. WR's we are pretty good at but having another quality WR won't hurt. Alshon Jefferies wouldn't be a bad pick.

Not unless there's some Eli/Rivers type deal Mike has going on with some other team. We draft Trent, they pick somebody we like a couple picks down, and give us some picks in addition to this player, and the other team gets their RB.

But other than that? No way. With Helu and Royster both so far proving at the very least capable (and in my opinion, as well as many others', much more so), there's no reason to take a RB that high. None. Not unless Helu and Royster are being traded for picks.

Actually he was there for us to draft in the 07 draft at number 7 coincidentally and we passed on him for Laron Landry... at the time Portis was coming off a injury plagued year and we decided it was better to have 2 star safeties.

Oh well...

im with ya OP in that i am a big fan of richardson. i think he is one of the best rb prospects to come out in a couple years and one of the best players in the class.

it's really not a position of need for us though. we have some many other positions (namely qb) that we need to address with a first round pick.

so overall, i dont see it happening.

I have to agree with the consensus here, I dont think Shanny goes RB here - imo if RG3 and Luck are off the board (quite possibly in that order if it happens!) then I think we trade back and accumulate picks following last years model. If Shanny isn't hot on Tannehill (I havent heard anything either way) then I could conceivably see him trading back a few spots and beefing up the WR corps and providing a weapon for the new QB to use (whether we get him through FA this year or ready for the following season). Having said that, we have more glaring needs than WR at the moment but I think we could do with an elite WR at some stage in the rebuilding, Santana is a legend but he aint gonna last forever.

Archived