Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

APNewsBreak: Feds say Arpaio violated civil rights

AsburySkinsFan

Is it possible they are removing his powers to be able to go after him criminally? From the 60 minutes peace more than a year ago and reading about some of the many charges against him, is it possible they are going after his power base first so witnesses testifying about his criminal activities won't be as easily intimidated?

If his crimes were so egregious why wait years?

Investigation? Gathering evidence? Proof?

Civil suits are easy.....as is making allegations

Whereas, trying to defend somebody, without actually saying you're defending them? By making allegations, without actually making allegations?

Now, that's tough.

You're telling me the Justice dept had no proof yet demanded reforms?

Is this the Justice dept using the EPA crucification method...or simply enabling ongoing abuse?

Were their hands tied and them required to negotiate?

This is what flies all over me. First the Right props Arpaio up as their hero for going out of his way to violate the due process of them brown people from the wrong side of the border and then all of the sudden when the Feds step in they scream about giving him his due process of law. This is one place where I so much want to go back to the juvenile understanding of the Golden Rule which is "Fine he's acting te way people want to treat him, so denying him due process is the way he wants to be treated.". I wish I could do that, and it makes me mad but we will as a nation give him something he was celebrated for denying to others.

Let's step out of lala land shall we. When the day comes where foreign invaders have equal rights as American citizens our sovereignty will be compromised. I don't understand the hate for the one man with enough national pride and courage to actually do his damn job. A job that should be done by the Feds. Our constitution means nothing to these people. R's and D's alike.

Let's step out of lala land shall we. When the day comes where foreign invaders have equal rights as American citizens our sovereignty will be compromised. I don't understand the hate for the one man with enough national pride and courage to actually do his damn job. A job that should be done by the Feds. Our constitution means nothing to these people. R's and D's alike.

Based on your posts, I'm curious as to how you could have any idea of where "out of lala land" is located or what it's like when you get there.

If it helps, evidence suggests you're inside looking out, not the other way around.

You're telling me the Justice dept had no proof yet demanded reforms?

Is this the Justice dept using the EPA crucification method...or simply enabling ongoing abuse?

Were their hands tied and them required to negotiate?

Wow. nice way to run from one unsupported claim to another one.

How . . . predictable.

Arpaio's job is to deny civil liberties and bully (or worse) his political rivals? Is his job to deny federal prosecutors access to his records for a Title VI investigation?

The preceding post, which opens with the phrase "Let's step out of lala land shall we", was a response to a post which claims that extreme right-wingers treat this Sheriff as a hero.

Apparently, the good sheriff's duties were to teach this type of customer service.

http://news.yahoo.com/arpaio-faces-sheriff-town-084500792.html

In one case, the suit says, a five-months’ pregnant American citizen was stopped as she pulled into her driveway. Officers ordered her to sit on the hood of her car. She refused. They slammed her into the car three times—fetus-side first. Next, they placed the woman in a patrol car without air conditioning for half an hour. She was released and cited with failure to provide identification. Later, the charge was changed to “failure to provide proof of insurance.

Or maybe this kind.

In another case, deputies trailed a U.S. citizen to her home, then knocked her to the ground, kneed her in the back and handcuffed her when she tried to run into her house, the suit alleges. They charged her with disturbing the peace. (A judge dismissed the charge.)

---------- Post added May-11th-2012 at 08:49 AM ----------

and you have to love this...

“I’m glad the Department of Justice finally took off the gloves,” former Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley, a moderate Republican and Vietnam veteran who first clashed with Arpaio when he decided to investigate and prosecute a wrongful death of an inmate in the jail, told The Daily Beast.

Arpaio “would have me followed,” Romley said, and the sheriff’s office filed bar complaints against him, which were subsequently dismissed. Then Arpaio poured “about three quarters of a million dollars” into successfully fighting Romley’s reelection. It’s a common practice, Romley said, for the sheriff to do “anything to intimidate” critics.

I was actually referring to your post as the judge, jury and executioner. But be that as it may & is so palpably predictable I'll let the judicial system take it's course.

Did you support Arpaio in his work before?

---------- Post added May-11th-2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

See you don't even see why his actions are against the very ways of the nation you want to protect from "foreign invaders". I know this may come as a total surprise to you but not all people of Hispanic heritage are illegal "foreign invaders", Arpaio has a history of violating the civil rights of people in his his demented pursuit of justice. If you want to fix the immigration problem...fine...but to break the law in order to catch others who are breaking the law is no better and if the illegals should be locked up for breaking the law then so should Arpaio. And you're right our Constitution means nothing to people like Arpaio...but you don't even understand why that's true.

The only thing Arpaio lacks are the fire hoses, german shepherds and leather fedoras and trench coats.

I may be kidding myself, but I suspect that you don't know anything thing about this case.

You just know that Sheriff Joe is a conservative hero, and that's enough for you.

If his crimes were so egregious why wait years?

Civil suits are easy.....as is making allegations

I have a feeling your tune would be different if they hadn't waited, and that you'll be saying, "How come they're rushing this prosecution?!"

I have a feeling your tune would be different if they hadn't waited, and that you'll be saying, "How come they're rushing this prosecution?!"

It's a safe bet I'm gonna ***** about something,at any time

and that the usual crew will object :pfft:

What?! How dare you accuse someone of approaching this issue in a partisan and hypocritical manner. Shame on you!

/sarcasm

Did you support Arpaio in his work before?

---------- Post added May-11th-2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

See you don't even see why his actions are against the very ways of the nation you want to protect from "foreign invaders". I know this may come as a total surprise to you but not all people of Hispanic heritage are illegal "foreign invaders", Arpaio has a history of violating the civil rights of people in his his demented pursuit of justice. If you want to fix the immigration problem...fine...but to break the law in order to catch others who are breaking the law is no better and if the illegals should be locked up for breaking the law then so should Arpaio. And you're right our Constitution means nothing to people like Arpaio...but you don't even understand why that's true.

The only thing Arpaio lacks are the fire hoses, german shepherds and leather fedoras and trench coats.

I consider Arpaio's actions a necessary evil caused by the in-action of our federal gov't to protect her citizens against this mass invasion. It's quite simple.

I consider Arpaio's actions a necessary evil caused by the in-action of our federal gov't to protect her citizens against this mass invasion. It's quite simple.

What great deeds have you accomplished in your life to give the rest of us any confidence in your ability to determine which evils are necessary and which aren't? I live on the border and calling it a mass invasion is over the top. It's was a slow steady trickle to jobs and now it's slow steady trickle back to Mexico. Your take on it is simple but the issue is far from it. There are more than 2,500 additional agents on the border along with some very sophisticated technology. Things you wanted and that are working yet these evils are still necessary.

Seriously, don't you see how quickly things can get out of hand when individuals start deciding for themselves the actions they deem necessary? Even if you agree with their motives don't you see how that thinking can backfire on what it is you want someday?

Does that go for him abusing his office to menace and intimidate political opponents, who are using the law and the system of government to oppose him for a variety of reasons?

Or do you consider Americans who would oppose his methods as part of this mass invasion.. you know, the Ted Nugent shoot liberals cause they're like animals in the house school of thinking?

("Thinking" used VERY loosely)

Do the Americans his officers have allegedly brutalized count as invaders because they look like them?

I think the only thing that is showing itself to be simple is your mind.

QUITE simple.

~Bang

Does that go for him abusing his office to menace and intimidate political opponents, who are using the law and the system of government to oppose him for a variety of reasons?

Or do you consider Americans who would oppose his methods as part of this mass invasion.. you know, the Ted Nugent shoot liberals cause they're like animals in the house school of thinking?

("Thinking" used VERY loosely)

Do the Americans his officers have allegedly brutalized count as invaders because they look like them?

I think the only thing that is showing itself to be simple is your mind.

QUITE simple.

~Bang

What proof have the Feds brought forward? Oh yea that would be none. The truth is Sheriff Arpaio has done an incredible job of doing the job of others. All the negative stories you hear about are from illegals who when asked to follow a command from law enforcement ignored it. Have an officer pull you over then refuse to show your id. These are not isolated incidents that apply only those racist Arizona officers.

What proof have the Feds brought forward? Oh yea that would be none. The truth is Sheriff Arpaio has done an incredible job of doing the job of others. All the negative stories you hear about are from illegals who when asked to follow a command from law enforcement ignored it. Have an officer pull you over then refuse to show your id. These are not isolated incidents that apply only those racist Arizona officers.

Well, the proving it part is to be done in court.

Do you really want to pretend they need to share what they have with you beforehand?

Are you that misinformed about how this works?

~Bang

Archived