Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

APNewsBreak: Feds say Arpaio violated civil rights

AsburySkinsFan

Anyone think this would be happening if there was a GOPer in the White House?

The DOJ has become just another appendage in the political process.

The present DOJ is the dirtiest ones to date and the most political ever as well. Holder is pathetic.

I'm sure you think that. It isn't remotely true, but it is an extremely popular right wing meme these days.

What I'm really admiring is how W & Co can change the rules for hiring in parts of the DoJ, (I think the civil rights division was one of them), so that civil service positions are filled by political appointees, instead of by impartial hiring formulas. And can now claim that Obama has made the department political.

(Although, the cynic in me has to observe that I haven't read anything about Obama changing the rules back.)

Anyone think this would be happening if there was a GOPer in the White House?

The DOJ has become just another appendage in the political process.

Do you think that if these allegations are true he should be able to just continue with this nonsense?

Nevermind the guy is as dirty as it gets.

So long as we can poo-poo it to politics, *******s like this continue to get away with it.

Honestly, things like he's accused of are what this country USED to stand fast against. At least those were the values I was brought up to believe in this country.

Now it's just party over right and wrong.

Given the accusations, and the mounds of evidence that have been written on this guy for years, it's a wonder there's an American who doesn't want his ass in jail, or at least favor an investigation.

Shows a lot about how low our values have dipped, and how they've been redirected.

~Bang

Nevermind the guy is as dirty as it gets.

So long as we can poo-poo it to politics, *******s like this continue to get away with it.

Honestly, things like he's accused of are what this country USED to stand fast against. At least those were the values I was brought up to believe in this country.

Now it's just party over right and wrong.

Given the accusations, and the mounds of evidence that have been written on this guy for years, it's a wonder there's an American who doesn't want his ass in jail.

Shows a lot about how low our values have dipped, and how they've been redirected.

~Bang

I dont believe the overwheling majority of the accusations the left has flung at this guy for years.

Gosh, what a surprise.

~Bang

Im sure as SHOCKED as I am that you and the rest of the left wing brigade believe it all and have no problem calling him (and anyone you disagree with for that matter) a bunch of names.

---------- Post added May-10th-2012 at 04:06 PM ----------

Did you read the article Predicto linked? This really hasn't been a left/right thing.

I did. It shows the case gained steam when it became a political opportunity.

---------- Post added May-10th-2012 at 04:06 PM ----------

Did you read the article Predicto linked? This really hasn't been a left/right thing.

I did. It shows the case gained steam when it became a political opportunity.

Im sure as SHOCKED as I am that you and the rest of the left wing brigade believe it all and have no problem calling him (and anyone you disagree with for that matter) a bunch of names.

Of course, it's all politics. It's the go-to excuse.

Nevermind the mountain of accusations that should call for an investigation.

Chalk it up to partisanship, otherwise it gets too confusing.

Right, wrong, right, left.. gosh, what a conundrum.

~Bang

Of course, it's all politics. It's the go-to excuse.

Nevermind the mountain of accusations that should call for an investigation.

Chalk it up to partisanship, otherwise it gets too confusing.

Right, wrong, right, left.. gosh, what a conundrum.

~Bang

Wake me up when you apply the same standards across the board for your outrage.

Wake me up when you apply the same standards across the board for your outrage.

Quit whining.

All you have to do is read my posts over the last ten years.

You no doubt have noticed that as the right gets more and more crazy, i appear to be more and more left

Fact is, I haven't changed. But this country sure as hell has.

And by the by,, this isn't about me or you. It's about a sheriff who has a pile of allegations and accusations of some pretty serious crimes against him stretching back years and years and years.

Why is there no desire to even investigate him?

Oh wait, you already said why.

Partisan bull****.

~Bang

They HAVE been investigating him. Im questioning the timing of the ANNOUNCEMENT that the DOJ is suing him.

I think the DOJ has lost all credibility over the last decade. I dont trust them to do what's right if it's not also politically advantageous. And we shouldnt applaud them for doing something right, when they also are doing wrong, or choosing NOT to do something right when it's NOT politically advantageous.

So Kilmer which of these charges do you think is politically motivated and why? What parts of these reports and findings do you disagree with and why? Do you believe that Arpaio isn't doing any of the things he is accused of doing?

Timing, of course, trumps right and wrong.

Whether he should be investigated or not is beside the point.

Kilmer would appear to rather not see the guy brought to justice, unless there can be absolutely no way to tie it back to politics, which of course is totally impossible, because anything the admin does is tied to politics.

Investigating and potentially prosecuting a possible criminal is less important than Obama gaining a point.

My party, tis of theee..

:doh:

~Bang

Archived