Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo

According to the Bleacher Report, Barkley has already submitted his draft papers. Robert Griffin III to me is the overall better QB. What he did among the Big 12 this year was amazing. If both are on the board, Mike Shanahan has to lean towards RG3. He's accurate, has a strong arm, an excellent deep ball, and is very athletic.

Barkley is not coming out SC has a chance to do some special things next year. RG III should be our pick

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 04:21 AM ----------

1 more thing I have followed USC football for over 30 years our QBs dont do too well in the NFL

So Bark is staying, do you have proof?

According to the Bleacher Report

:ols: :ols: :ols:

Anyways...Barkley submitted his papers to the draft evaluation board or whatever its called...that independent service that gives prospects an estimation what round they'd be drafted in, etc.

He hasn't decided whether to enter the draft or not yet.

Which of the two is the better overall "leader"? Which one loves the game of football and has to be dragged out of the film room? Which one always shows up first to the facility? Give me that one!! Oh, and that one is definitely Andrew Luck, but seeing as we most likely not going to be in on Luck, which of Griffith and Barkley reminds you more of Luck...or Peyton Manning, or Brady. Because Griffith can be the most athletic, strong armed, physically gifted dude since Carl Lewis, but if he (or Barkley's) head is only in the game like Ryan Leaf or Jeff George, then what's the point? Hell, draft Blackmon, then! :helmet:

Ain't no way Mike is going to pick Barkley over RG3. Snyder won't let him either. But you never draft a player because he MORE ready over talent and fit. RG3 fits what Mike likes. RG3 is a player that makes his teammates better and that is a Sign of a franchise player. You just don't pass that up. And I'm pretty sure Mike knows that.

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 07:01 AM ----------

Which of the two is the better overall "leader"? Which one loves the game of football and has to be dragged out of the film room? Which one always shows up first to the facility? Give me that one!! Oh, and that one is definitely Andrew Luck, but seeing as we most likely not going to be in on Luck, which of Griffith and Barkley reminds you more of Luck...or Peyton Manning, or Brady. Because Griffith can be the most athletic, strong armed, physically gifted dude since Carl Lewis, but if he (or Barkley's) head is only in the game like Ryan Leaf or Jeff George, then what's the point? Hell, draft Blackmon, then! :helmet:

How you know Luck is better than either in studying and being in the film room? You don't know that and should not speak on this topic.

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 07:01 AM ----------

How you know Luck is better than either in studying and being in the film room? You don't know that and should not speak on this topic.

Most good quarterbacks tend to move up higher in the mocks as the draft gets closer -- if Griffin is as good as some say he is and its obvious, I can't see how he isn't going with the #2 pick with the Rams holding the pick like a lottery ticket and they lets say get the Redskins, Chiefs, Seahawks, dolphins, Browns, whomever bid for him. Assuming the Colts don't auction off their pick. Generally, "obvious" elite looking Qb's do not slide down the draft. I am not saying Griffin is such -- but if he is a stud in the combine and is lights out in his public workouts, don't see how he will just be there when its time for us to pick. Heck a team even had to trade up for Sanchez.

Right now, I'd put Barkley over RG3.

The thing with RG3 is I don't believe I've seen him take a snap from under center.

That said, I'd still be happy with either one.

With a bunch of repetitions in mini camps, training camp, etc., Griffin can get that skill down pat. He has the skill set and athleticism to keep important drives alive with his mobility. Think of Cam Newton wtih SPEED.

RGIII in DC!!

The question I've been asking myself is, which collegiate is the best? My answer is: Andrew Luck has potential and may be the most pro ready, he's slightly overrated. That game against Oregon last month revealed that to me.

Matt Barkley. He's a nice prospect and would be effective in any offense. But there's something about USC quarterbacks that I don't like. The last two USC star QBs who have gone into the NFL have either played inconsistently or been a bust. Yes, I'm referring to Mark Sanchez and Matt Leinart. Carson Palmer was in a class by himself and was the last USC QB to actually succeed with no question. Barkley may be different, but we'll see.

Robert Griffin III. The best overall prospect in college. He's the winner of the 77th Heisman trophy. He can play in any offense. He's athletic, has tremendous accuracy, can run from end zone to end zone, and throws a great deep ball.

Landry Jones. I was once high on him. But he struggled a bit in his Jr. season. He's stats are still most excellent, but he's not ready for the pro game just yet.

You pick 5th, so you go for the solid pro-ready QB with great intangibles? WTF

You don't want to draft a solid player, you want to draft a mind blowing prospect with high upside.

Then I read your RGIII part and there are all the words that makes you wanna pick him 5th.

If I'm right you say that the Skins will go safe instead of taking the high upside kid. Can not life with that, solid doesn't win Championships. Ask Sanchez XD

With a bunch of repetitions in mini camps, training camp, etc., Griffin can get that skill down pat. He has the skill set and athleticism to keep important drives alive with his mobility. Think of Cam Newton wtih SPEED.

RGIII in DC!!

I don't doubt he can do it at all. The thing is that not being used to playing under center is more than just getting comfortable receiving the ball. I would guess that it pretty drastically alters your rhythm as well as changes the way you drop back (since you wouldn't be dropping back much at all out of the shotgun) while also scanning the field. It's just a completely different point of view on the field from which to read defenses.

i gotta say i really enjoy your mock drafts dflo. you put some real thought into your drafts and it shows with your presentation.

that said in my personal opinon rg3 is head and shoulders above barkley, especially for our offense. he has the arm to stretch the field and the legs to roll out and make things happen. im really hoping that shanny and allen do everything in their power to make sure that this guy is wearing b&g next season.

the only other qb i want to see on this team is luck for obvious reasons.

Thanks man! It's going to be a good year to have a top pick for teams that need QBs. At least teams after Indy are going to have a choice between Barkley and RG3, assuming Barkley declares.

I'm a little surprised by Te'o over Kuechly, but as a subway alum I'd like to see it!

Edit: Of course, I am making the assumption that #5 is as good as gone. Ideally he'd stay, of course.

Te'o went higher because he fit in KC's 3-4 defense better, otherwise I like Kuechly more although it doesn't matter now since Te'o is returning.

I thought Matt Kalil was returning to USC? Maybe its just speculation, but I thought I saw it on T.V or read about it?

Was confirmed to be pure speculation.

Barkley is not coming out SC has a chance to do some special things next year. RG III should be our pick

Good point, he's stated before that he wants to come back as a Senior and play in a bowl game as a Senior. At the same time, he did submit his papers to the NFL Draft Advisory Board. So it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Apparently he's going to announce his decision in the next few weeks

---------- Post added December-13th-2011 at 07:38 PM ----------

Btw, I love your forum guys. Lot of opinions and a lot of die-hard football fans in here!

This is pretty consistant with Mel Kiper and Todd Mcshay's recent big board except they don't have RG3 ranked as high. Barkley is 6th in both while RG3 is outside the top 10.

Kiper

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7327355/2012-nfl-draft-matt-barkley-robert-griffin-iii-rise

Mcshay

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7330327/2012-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-defenders-shaking-todd-mcshay-top-32

Archived