Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo

i gotta say i really enjoy your mock drafts dflo. you put some real thought into your drafts and it shows with your presentation.

that said in my personal opinon rg3 is head and shoulders above barkley, especially for our offense. he has the arm to stretch the field and the legs to roll out and make things happen. im really hoping that shanny and allen do everything in their power to make sure that this guy is wearing b&g next season.

the only other qb i want to see on this team is luck for obvious reasons.

I'm fine with either but I'd prefer Barkley. He currently runs a pro-style offense and has faced some better defenses than RG3, who operates a spread offense. I'm not knocking RG3, would be glad to get him, just think Barkley is more prepared to step in to the 'Skins starting role on day one.

Right now, I'd put Barkley over RG3.

The thing with RG3 is I don't believe I've seen him take a snap from under center.

That said, I'd still be happy with either one.

i guess my only question regarding that tk is if shanny would go with the guy that is more pro ready or the guy that has the higher ceiling?

I'd be psyched with both, but would much rather have Barkley. Griffin seems like a great kid and a leader, but Barkley seems like the type of dude who will change the culture of the franchise and give somebody a kick in the ass if they need it. As a Notre Dame fan who cannot stand USC, I would absolutely be ecstatic if we picked him. That said, I would also be very happy with RG3 as he could bring a dimension to the Skins' offense that we haven't seen in a LONG time: an athletic quarterback.

My prediction: Barkley goes back and we draft RG3 with the 5th overall pick (hoping we lose out and don't need to trade up)

Archived