Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cincy-Xavier Brawl (Cincinnati Players Suddenly Remember They're Still In The Big East)

mjah

Do you guys think anything will happen to the coaches? I would think not, but they lost control of the players.

Multiple players are going to get suspended for a game. I dont know what else. The stomping on the guy on the floor is messed up. There were all kinds of punches thrown.

StillUnknown,

your right about that press conference, I cant believe they were talking like that?

Kids are going to make mistakes, it happens every now and again. The biggest thing is where both sides go from here, nothing more than that. As long as good decisions are made and people grow from it then no harm no foul.

Outside of that as mentioned above the complete junk/garbage that was said during the press conference should be held accountable as well and does not shine brightly for their respective schools. A lot of cleaning up but by the end of the season if the correct decisions are made no one will ever remember this until they play again next year IMO.

At least 2 Cincinnati players should be done for their college career.

Also, forgetting the players for a second - whoever is in charge of the PR stuff on Xavier's staff should be fired. Not only did they allow those guys up to the podium - stupid move - but then didn't cut off the questions as soon as they started spouting off about "gangsta's" and "body bags". Ridiculous.

‘We're a tougher team. We're grown men over here. We've got a whole bunch of gangsters in the locker room – not thugs, but tough guys on the court. And we went out there and zipped them up at the end of the game.’

I'd like to see the coaches and University presidents back up their immediate tough words by throwing some of these players off the team and withdrawing their scholarships.

And I'd like to see criminal assault charges for some of these players.

And the sports journalists who asked the Cincinnati coach whether his team provoked the fight by "disrespecting" Tu Holloway in their comments before the game should be fired for their lack of intelligence and perspective.

What a bunch of worthless clowns.

The player who sucker punched the guy and the other who stomped on the guy should lose their scholarship and be banned from playing NCAA basketball.

Or they could just suspend them a few games and let NCAA basketball become the joke that NBA basketball is.

They need to be charged with assault as well. There is no place for that in college basketball at all.

Oh boy,

I think they got more than I expected. I can also understand why some said they should loose their scholarships etc....

However these are College kids who make mistakes. I believe in second chances. There will be alot of news and press etc.. around on campus. They have to walk to school etc... There going to hear it everyday.

Hopefully, they learn there lesson, cause this sort of thing shouldnt be tolerated.

goskins36,

I agree with you about a public apology as well :)

That's a joke. Gates should be kicked out of school as should the guy who stomped the guy.

I agree. If you watch the video closely, Gates is the one that kind of started the physical part of the brawl anyway, by chucking the ball at an Xavier player.

They showed a couple players apologizing on TV today. Dude was legit crying because he said so many people have been telling him he's a thug and gangsta now and he said that isn't who he is, he let his emotions for the game get the best of him. These kids are young and dumb and will make mistakes. Give em a break.

Archived