Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cincy-Xavier Brawl (Cincinnati Players Suddenly Remember They're Still In The Big East)

mjah

They showed a couple players apologizing on TV today. Dude was legit crying because he said so many people have been telling him he's a thug and gangsta now and he said that isn't who he is, he let his emotions for the game get the best of him. These kids are young and dumb and will make mistakes. Give em a break.

Are you kidding me? These kids have been coddled and revered since they were like 7 years old. I'm sure that they've already been given their 2nd, 3rd, and probably 4th chances - we just didn't hear about them. Do you really think this is the first time they've acted the fool?

Are you kidding me? These kids have been coddled and revered since they were like 7 years old. I'm sure that they've already been given their 2nd, 3rd, and probably 4th chances - we just didn't hear about them. Do you really think this is the first time they've acted the fool?

What leads you to make that assumption? Because they got into a brawl at a basketball game? Not saying these kids should be given a free pass, I'm sure there will be some repercussions to their actions but still, people shouldn't make such a big deal out of it. People learn from mistakes and if they are really serious about their bball careers, they won't **** it up by continually getting into these brawls (although this is the first one I've seen either team in, in quite some time.)

They showed a couple players apologizing on TV today. Dude was legit crying because he said so many people have been telling him he's a thug and gangsta now and he said that isn't who he is, he let his emotions for the game get the best of him. These kids are young and dumb and will make mistakes. Give em a break.

Agreed. Kicking them off the team, rescinding their scholarships, those are life-altering things. Life-ruining things even. It was a fight on a basketball court. Should a kid really be looking back in regret for the next 60 years because of it? Thinking what could have been if not for some dumb fight? I don't think so. Punish them, let them make up for it and give them a chance to grow from it. Pretty ****ing simple.

Agreed. Kicking them off the team, rescinding their scholarships, those are life-altering things. Life-ruining things even. It was a fight on a basketball court. Should a kid really be looking back in regret for the next 60 years because of it? Thinking what could have been if not for some dumb fight? I don't think so. Punish them, let them make up for it and give them a chance to grow from it. Pretty ****ing simple.

It's tough for me to swallow that these guys threw cheap shots like that and stomped a guy on the ground.

But after thinking on it for a day, I agree with you.

Refer back to LeGarrett Blount of Oregon. If the players truly do the right thing, then their lives will not be ruined :)

This is how I've come to think about it as well. The fact is, sports and school are two of the best forms of positive discipline a kid can have these days.

Should they be punished? Yes. Both by the law and by the school. But the first response shouldn't be to kick them off the team and out of school, unless this isn't their first offense. School is about more than just reading books, and NCAA sports should be about more than just winning.

Mark Lyons nobody cares that you feel the need to bring your little hood rituals (and I don't care if he's black, brown, white, pink or yellow) into an NCAA basketball game. Walk away and act like someone with an IQ over 80...instead you clowns allow this to happen. Shame on both sides.

---------- Post added December-13th-2011 at 09:40 AM ----------

LOL, you mean like a 4-year ride to a good school without having to earn it strictly based on merit like all the other kids? Seems like a good break to me.

---------- Post added December-13th-2011 at 09:45 AM ----------

What leads you to make that assumption? Because they got into a brawl at a basketball game? Not saying these kids should be given a free pass, I'm sure there will be some repercussions to their actions but still, people shouldn't make such a big deal out of it. People learn from mistakes and if they are really serious about their bball careers, they won't **** it up by continually getting into these brawls (although this is the first one I've seen either team in, in quite some time.)

They turned an NCAA basketball game into a street fight and nobody should make a big deal about it? Especially post Malace at the Palace...this is a big deal. I'm not saying we should ruin their lives but honestly, it's not some "whatever" event. And if one of them were to be kicked out if would be 100% justified. The school does not and should not want players reflecting that it houses hoodlums. You can be kicked o

Now, I'm not saying they are hoodlums because they probably deep down aren't, but they did not make a convincing argument to anyone at the end of that game.

I remember when Chip Kelly suspended Blount juuuust enough so that he'd be ready to go by the bowl game LOLOLOL...Mick Cronin is no different. Talked a big game in the presser and ended up getting a standing O based off of the premise of kicking certain guys off the team...well, he knows his job is on the line and guys like Gates will end up being the difference between winning and losing. He NEEDS him. Not surprised at the "punishment" and 6 game suspension. WHich I think is an absolute joke.

They turned an NCAA basketball game into a street fight and nobody should make a big deal about it? Especially post Malace at the Palace...this is a big deal. I'm not saying we should ruin their lives but honestly, it's not some "whatever" event. And if one of them were to be kicked out if would be 100% justified. The school does not and should not want players reflecting that it houses hoodlums. You can be kicked o

Now, I'm not saying they are hoodlums because they probably deep down aren't, but they did not make a convincing argument to anyone at the end of that game.

So why should kicking them out be the first reaction? If you kick someone off the team and out of school, you may very well be ruining their lives as you're taking away any kind of positive structure they have in their lives. What good does that do for the students?

If they want to stay on the team, the players involved should be suspended for the rest of the season, required to maintain their basketball eligibility (grades and conduct), and required to participate in anger management programs or do some kind of community service.

So why should kicking them out be the first reaction? If you kick someone off the team and out of school, you may very well be ruining their lives as you're taking away any kind of positive structure they have in their lives. What good does that do for the students?

If they want to stay on the team, the players involved should be suspended for the rest of the season, required to maintain their basketball eligibility (grades and conduct), and required to participate in anger management programs or do some kind of community service.

I didn't say that was the first course of action did I? I said if they were to be kicked out, it would be justified. Randy Moss got kicked out of two schools, A.I. nearly got kicked out of Georgetown. It's not some unheard of thing, they should probably have that in the back of their heads.

I didn't say that was the first course of action did I? I said if they were to be kicked out, it would be justified. Randy Moss got kicked out of two schools, A.I. nearly got kicked out of Georgetown. It's not some unheard of thing, they should probably have that in the back of their heads.

When did Iverson almost get kicked out of G'Town? Never happened.

I agree with your punishment. Six games is a joke and the two guys who sucker punched and stomped should be gone for the season, but not kicked out of school. But, they should also know that another altercation like this would revoke their scholarship. Zero tolerance from here on out. Sucker punching and stomping someone when they are down is a cowardly move. You want to fight, let's go man on man, one on one, may the best man win. That's what really gets to me when I see any kind of fight. A group ganging up on one. Cowardly.

I agree with your punishment. Six games is a joke and the two guys who sucker punched and stomped should be gone for the season, but not kicked out of school. But, they should also know that another altercation like this would revoke their scholarship. Zero tolerance from here on out. Sucker punching and stomping someone when they are down is a cowardly move. You want to fight, let's go man on man, one on one, may the best man win. That's what really gets to me when I see any kind of fight. A group ganging up on one. Cowardly.

Or how about you act wisely and just walk away. You're on national TV. You're representing your school.

Or how about you act wisely and just walk away. You're on national TV. You're representing your school.

Easier said than done in the heat of the moment...especially in an INTENSE rivalry. Not excusing what went down, but emotions were high. And this was even before the ball was tipped.

Archived