Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Green Bay Packers and the undefeated season....... Update:Packers lose in Week 15 to the Chiefs...

CrypticVillain

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

They will lose before the season's over. I can almost guarantee it. Most people thought it would happen today, or maybe the Giants next week. I think it could be someone off the wall like the Raiders that pulls the trick. Or maybe the Lions at Green Bay. Can't see them going undefeated. Don't get me wrong, this team is good. Really good. But that defense is just too suspect. I've said all along, one mediocre game from Rodgers and they could be in deep trouble.

Aaron Rodgers is playing better than Jesus right now, and the offense looks unstoppable, but they don't have the defense to go undefeated. I'm thinking 14-2.

Although I think they will lose one, looking at their schedule I dont see them going 3-2 over the next 5 weeks

I hope the Packers don't go undefeated, only because of my desire for justice. The Packers are good, but I've seen better teams, and none of them went undefeated. It just wouldn't seem right for this to be the team immortalized with the 19-0 best record of all time.

Luckily, I don't think they will. They don't have a particularly easy schedule to end the season. They'll either lose next week @ New York, vs. Chicago or Detroit to end the season, or @ Kansas City as a trap game looking forward to their upcoming divisional opponents. Or, even if they don't rest starters, the urgency to win games won't be there after they clinch homefield advantage.

I hope the Packers don't go undefeated, only because of my desire for justice. The Packers are good, but I've seen better teams, and none of them went undefeated. It just wouldn't seem right for this to be the team immortalized with the 19-0 best record of all time.

Luckily, I don't think they will. They don't have a particularly easy schedule to end the season. They'll either lose next week @ New York, vs. Chicago or Detroit to end the season, or @ Kansas City as a trap game looking forward to their upcoming divisional opponents. Or, even if they don't rest starters, the urgency to win games won't be there after they clinch homefield advantage.

Everyone is overlooking the Oakland game. Oakland might very well have McFadden back by then. Plus, Bush is a monster. And Palmer would have had several games under his belt. I could easily see a team like that beating them. Hell, Oakland isn't any worse than Tampa, and they gave them all they could handle (at GB).

Quite frankly, they could lose just about any of their remaining games. As long as Hanie is the QB, I don't see the Bears beating them though. Same with Palko in KC. Although I could see Palko and the Chiefs beating them at KC before I could see the Bears beating them. Then again, Orton may be the starter for KC at that point.

I agree with Nostril. I've seen better teams that didn't go undefeated. It would be a shame to see this particular team win them all.

As long as Hanie is the QB, I don't see the Bears beating them though.

I somehow don't think this matters. It's not like Jay Cutler was playing very well. And the one time we've seen Caleb Hanie play, he led an incomplete comeback in the NFC Championship game. So, I don't think he's going to be that bad.

The team still has the same very good defense, and with or without Cutler, their offense is all Matt Forte.

Hanie did throw 2 picks in that quarter of the NFC Championship game, which if he can't do better than that, he'll be a problem. But as long as he can avoid the big mistakes, Bears should be fine.

Hope the Packers make it. Think they're more or less as "worthy"as any team that's had a real shot to do so, though I wish the Patriots had done it previously instead of losing one damn game. Plenty tired of the old Dolphins and their annual ritual and the smarmy arrogant attitude of some of the players. And still have fan-animosity that they got there on the backs of beating the Redskins' Over-the-Hill-Gang at the end in the SB. Also think it's quite pertinent that they played fewer games to get there. An additional 2 games played without a loss is a substantial difference in this context.

Everyone is overlooking the Oakland game. Oakland might very well have McFadden back by then. Plus, Bush is a monster. And Palmer would have had several games under his belt. I could easily see a team like that beating them. Hell, Oakland isn't any worse than Tampa, and they gave them all they could handle (at GB).

Quite frankly, they could lose just about any of their remaining games. As long as Hanie is the QB, I don't see the Bears beating them though. Same with Palko in KC. Although I could see Palko and the Chiefs beating them at KC before I could see the Bears beating them. Then again, Orton may be the starter for KC at that point.

I agree with Nostril. I've seen better teams that didn't go undefeated. It would be a shame to see this particular team win them all.

I don't know BS. I do like Oakland. That offense is fast and their defense has the tendacy to be lights out, but the game is in Green Bay. Now you could have that let down factor if the Packers beat the Giants, but I think if that were to happened, it would have happened by now.

I think Mike Mcarthy has a cerebral attitude. I think he is going to go hard for the record. They should finish the season 16-0. but after the playoffs starts, all bets are off.

I somehow don't think this matters. It's not like Jay Cutler was playing very well. .
Huh?

---------- Post added November-25th-2011 at 04:45 PM ----------

I don't know BS. I do like Oakland. That offense is fast and their defense has the tendacy to be lights out, but the game is in Green Bay. Now you could have that let down factor if the Packers beat the Giants, but I think if that were to happened, it would have happened by now.

I think Mike Mcarthy has a cerebral attitude. I think he is going to go hard for the record. They should finish the season 16-0. but after the playoffs starts, all bets are off.

Like I said, the Bucs aren't any worse than the Raiders and they nearly won at Green Bay. Not saying Oakland will beat them, but that game definitely has trap written all over it.

Huh?

---------- Post added November-25th-2011 at 04:45 PM ----------

Like I said, the Bucs aren't any worse than the Raiders and they nearly won at Green Bay. Not saying Oakland will beat them, but that game definitely has trap written all over it.

Can't disagree with that.

How good is it to be a Packer fan right now? Including the preseason, they have only lost once (first preseason game) out of their last 22 games. It is ridiculous :doh:

I somehow don't think this matters. It's not like Jay Cutler was playing very well.

Just looked this up: During their 5-game win streak, Cutler has thrown for 7 TD with 3 INT. Also had an 87.7 QB rating. Which is respectable. Just because he wasn't throwing for a ton of yards, doesn't mean he hadn't been playing well. And their 5-game winning streak coincided with the Bears' offensive line finally playing well. Any QB is only as good as the guys up front.

Btw, Cutler is from "Santa Claus", Indiana. I'm surprised I've never heard people say he was a fraud, just based on where he's from.:ols:...You could get real creative with that bit of info there.

Just looked this up: During their 5-game win streak, Cutler has thrown for 7 TD with 3 INT. Also had an 87.7 QB rating. Which is respectable. Just because he wasn't throwing for a ton of yards, doesn't mean he hadn't been playing well. And their 5-game winning streak coincided with the Bears' offensive line finally playing well. Any QB is only as good as the guys up front.

I never said Cutler was playing awful. Just not "very well." Over the 5 game winning streak, he only completed 57% of his passes, and the Bears ran the ball more often than they threw it. They were winning games because of Forte and the defense. What exactly was Cutler doing that couldn't be accomplished by most QBs in this league? If a QB is only as good as his O-Line, then why shouldn't Hanie be able to be similarly successful, with the same 5 guys?

I never said Cutler was playing awful. Just not "very well." Over the 5 game winning streak, he only completed 57% of his passes, and the Bears ran the ball more often than they threw it. They were winning games because of Forte and the defense. What exactly was Cutler doing that couldn't be accomplished by most QBs in this league? If a QB is only as good as his O-Line, then why shouldn't Hanie be able to be similarly successful, with the same 5 guys?
Again, he was playing pretty well. Granted, completing 57% of your passes isn't earth-shattering, no. But he had a 7-3 TD to INT ratio. Over the course of 15 games (nearly a full season), that computes to 21 TD and 9 INT. Pretty good, wouldn't ya say? And without looking it up, I'm sure an 87.7 QB rating would put him in the top half of the league in starting QBs (if not top 10).

Yes, they were winning games mostly with Forte and the defense. But to act like Cutler hadn't done anything, is pretty ridiculous. And Hanie has never even started an NFL game before, if I'm not mistaken. So that would answer your last question.;)

They will not lose to the Bears without Cutler and to think KC could even come close to beating them is ridiculous, Cassle is gone for the season and Kyle Orton will be starting after not playing for how many weeks and facing new WRs he has no timing with. The Giants could come out strong, but they blow games in the 4th Qtr, so I just dont see that happening either. The Lions will not beat the Packers in Green Bay in January, hell they only mustered up 15 points against them at home and the later score the already soft Packers D was playing......soft/prevent. The Raiders, I just dont see it happening, playing in Lambeau in Dec., however, with the Raiders running game I could see it being a lot closer and potentially pulling an upset.

And I hope the Packers go undefeated, because Im getting sick and tired of those old ****ing farts that played for the Dolphins do that ****ing toast every year when the last undefeated team loses. Those same Dolphins beat the Redskins in the Super Bowl the year they went undefeated, so **** them. And Green Bay would be the best team to pull it off, first team to win the Super Bowl, best fans in football (say what you want to but its true). The tradition, it would be fitting.

What team in recent memory has been better than this year's Packers? I don't see it. 07 Patriots yeah obviously, but who else? Maybe the 01 Rams also.

---------- Post added November-26th-2011 at 01:01 PM ----------

And I hope the Packers go undefeated, because Im getting sick and tired of those old ****ing farts that played for the Dolphins do that ****ing toast every year when the last undefeated team loses. Those same Dolphins beat the Redskins in the Super Bowl the year they went undefeated, so **** them. And Green Bay would be the best team to pull it off, first team to win the Super Bowl, best fans in football (say what you want to but its true). The tradition, it would be fitting.

Yeah I'm with you on this. I ****ing hate those old geysers. I really wish the Pats had won it all in 07. Damn you David Tyree!

What team in recent memory has been better than this year's Packers? I don't see it. 07 Patriots yeah obviously, but who else? Maybe the 01 Rams also.

---------- Post added November-26th-2011 at 01:01 PM ----------

Yeah I'm with you on this. I ****ing hate those old geysers. I really wish the Pats had won it all in 07. Damn you David Tyree!

I think you confuse best team with best offense. The Cheatriots won 3 Super Bowls with great defenses. They won 0 with great offenses.

The Rams were 1-1 in Super Bowls when they had great offenses.

Defense is at least as important as offense.

I think you confuse best team with best offense. The Cheatriots won 3 Super Bowls with great defenses. They won 0 with great offenses.

The Rams were 1-1 in Super Bowls when they had great offenses.

Defense is at least as important as offense.

Let's not act like the Packers defense are push-overs. Yeah they might be 30th in YPG, but you can credit that to them gaining big leads and them playing more of a bend don't break style. They are only giving up 20ppg and are second in turnovers.

Packers-Giants game next week will be big....likely will be a must-win for NY. Giants have a little history of breaking up undefeated seasons, beating the Pats a few years ago and Shanahan's 13-0 Broncos in 1998. Game is at 4:15 too so I can catch the second half after coming back from Skins-Jets.

Packers have a nice long week to rest for the Giants game. Hopefully it'll give us time to get our linebacking corps healthy.

On a loosely related note, Erik Walden was arrested for domestic assault. If things are as they appear, then time to jettison him from the team.

looking like a good decision keeping 10 Linebackers with Hawk, Bishop, and Zombo nursing injuries and Walden in jail.

BTW, since 1960, through the first 11 games, the only QBs to have a 70%+ completion #, 250 YPG, <5.5 INTs (.5/game) and >=22 TD (2/game) are:

Brady in 2007

Rodgers this season.

Change to to >=65%, add Rodgers and Favre from 2009.

Archived