Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Green Bay Packers and the undefeated season....... Update:Packers lose in Week 15 to the Chiefs...

CrypticVillain

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Can they do it? They had a nice little fight with Blount and the Bucs last week. Tomorrow they will have to go to Detroit. The only games I can see them losing is the Bears and Giants, but those are sketchy. (Especially if Cutler is out)

The only team in the NFC that I can see hanging with the Packers is the Saints. They are the only team that can keep up with them on the scoreboard. The 49ers might give them some comp, but I don't think their defense could contain them enough for them to win.

What do you think?

Well, will they sit Rodgers and co. like the Colts did?

I didn't even think about that aspect. Hopefully they will go the route of the Patriots and go all out. You take away that stupid Tyree catch and the Pats would have went undefeated.

Regular season? No. If they do make it through the regular season 16-0, they will get beat in the playoffs. I think their defense will eventually lose them a game.

That defense has been weaker this year. But they still have the ability to create turnovers at anytime. The more turnovers they get, the more chances the offense has to score.

I don't see anybody beating them this year. I have never felt this way about a team in the NFL before....

Basically the only way I see the Packers losing is if a team can shutdown Rodgers AND put points on the board. The only two teams that I can see doing that is Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I had Houston as a threat, but now that they lost Schaub(sp), I don't know.

That defense has been weaker this year. But they still have the ability to create turnovers at anytime. The more turnovers they get, the more chances the offense has to score.

True, but I think sooner or later their offense will have a bad day (1983 Redskins vs Raiders anyone?) and the defense will fold. They'll lose a game like 35-24.

The only way to stop the Packers is to be able to get pressure with four. You blitz and Rodgers will burn you. If you can't get pressure one of those WRs is bound to get open.

The Giants are probably the best team match up wise because of their ability to rush the passer. They also have the offense capable of scoring points. I also think the Pack could lose tomorrow, just a Lions Thanksgiving magical moment type thing and I figure the Lions are due a win on Turkey Day.

The Packers are easily the class of the NFL right now, but like any team in this league, they can be beat. I strongly believe that O-line is exploitable. Getting in Rodgers face is the only way to take down this machine, but like the Giants did to the Patriots. Rodgers hasn't been knocked around for a full game in awhile, it'll be interesting to see how he responds if he does.. The Giants probably have the best defensive front suited to do it.

Secondary looks beatable at times.. the possibility that the Saints could expoit that enough to win is there too.

Well, will they sit Rodgers and co. like the Colts did?

Depends. If week 17 sees a 15-0 Packers and a 14-1 49ers team (both of which are extremely unlikely), then the Pack would actually have a reason to go full-out to secure the #1 seed. If San Fran stumbles and loses 2 or 3, then that might not be the case, but at this point it's still possible.

But for the record, I don't see it happening. There have been quite a few 10-0 teams in the NFL, but only 2 to go unbeaten in the regular season with only 1 of them going all the way. They'll stumble, and my gut says it'll be against one of their divisional foes. Maybe the Lions, who get 2 shots at them the rest of the year and have the D-line to get in Rodgers' face.

If the Pack show up to play, there's no one on their schedule to beat them. But, yeah I have to agree, their defense looks very beatable. And there seems to be another team on the horizon flying under the radar, the Saints. I think the Saints could beat them, but if the Pack locks in homefield advantage, it's game over for the rest of the NFC.

Aaron Rodgers is playing better than Jesus right now, and the offense looks unstoppable, but they don't have the defense to go undefeated. I'm thinking 14-2.

I see it the same way.. They have a week when their O is a little off (like today) and an opposing O will touch their defense for enough points to beat em'..

Archived