Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

AsburySkinsFan

Congrats to my boy Coach K, as I said in RT thread

---------- Post added November-16th-2011 at 08:10 AM ----------

http://twitter.com/SethDavisHoops/statuses/136792905141583872

Lotta power conference blood on the floor yesterday: UCLA, LSU, Iowa State, South Carolina, Ariz St all go down. The world is flat.

---------- Post added November-16th-2011 at 08:16 AM ----------

http://twitter.com/JayBilas/statuses/136794571135926273

Last night, Coach K's former players, myself included, were poppin' bottles in the club. That's what winners do.

When's UNC play on ESPN again? I wanna see Barnes and McAdoo (among others).

http://id.berita.yahoo.com/video/sports-26345342/krzyzewski-gets-record-903rd-win-27273281.html

Stay classy Coach K :)

I know a lot of people hate Duke, but Coach K. seems like one of the legit good guys (of course, we all thought the same about Paterno :( ).

Remember, you can't spell NCAA w/o CAA :D

The refs did their damnedest to get Coach K that victory last night and not **** up the moment with Bob Knight and a bunch of ex-Duke players in attendance. Just a really absurd game. Michigan State made a run at the end and that would've been ****ing amazing if they pulled it out.

WVU has 7....SEVEN...freshmen on their roster.

It's going to be a tough part of the early year, as evidenced by their collapse yesterday in the second half against Kent St (who, I didn't know - had 10 consecutive 20 win seasons)....

If Huggins can find a shooter or two, they will be their usual tough out for anyone.

How's McAdoo looking?

Not much so far, but he hasn't played a whole lot yet. I'm sure Roy will try to ease him into the lineup. He's averaging 5 PPG while only playing 13 minutes per game, so not bad. He definitely had a freshmen type game against MSU though, 4pts, 3rebs, 4 fouls in 17 minutes. Then he looked good against UNc-Asheville, 9 minutes, 6 points, 4 rebs. But I think he'll continue to improve throughout the year and be a beast.

The refs did their damnedest to get Coach K that victory last night and not **** up the moment with Bob Knight and a bunch of ex-Duke players in attendance. Just a really absurd game. Michigan State made a run at the end and that would've been ****ing amazing if they pulled it out.

Oh I agree! There was no way they were going to let Michigan State back into that game, some of those calls were absurd.

---------- Post added November-16th-2011 at 11:37 AM ----------

BTW, Asbury and other Kentucky fans: can you please do something about Anthony Davis' unibrow? It's beyond distracting.

Yeah, if I see him in Lexington, I will tackle him and shave a gap between them, I'll probably get a medal from the governor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In fact it was the worst loss under Roy

Made several comments in Random Thoughts thread about other such losses including 2 losses to GT which wasn't even good, in the NIT year.

Luke Russert tweeted he hadn't seen UNC get smacked down like that since the Doherty years :ols:

It is likely an aberration for UNC, as UNC has too much talent to regularly play like ****. They just didn't come prepared today. They'll be prepared for their next opponent for sure

Archived