Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

AsburySkinsFan

Shout out to FSU for ending Duke's 1000 game winning streak at Cameron Indoor Stadium. It's amazing Duke was able to dominate their home court for that many decades.

Duke wishes they were that good. They do have nice home court winning streaks though. It has been a while since a non ranked team beat them there. though.

FSU beats Duke and North Carolina on their Basketball Royalty Tour but lose to Harvard and Princeton. Go figure.

Last two teams to beat Duke at Cameron Indoor? Florida State and Florida State.

Harvard is actually a damn good team, man. In fact, they are ranked as we speak. No shame in losing to them.

Noted fact about that Harvard game, it was 14-14 at the half :ols:

My how FSU has changed

Lets not forget that this same FSU team was in the sweet 16 last year. They're not a bad team. They had a bad stretch there dont get me wrong. But that was more a sign of mental lapses then being an outright bad team. I wasnt entirely shocked they beat UNC last week. Beating Duke @ Duke is a surprise, but i never doubted that they would play them tough.

Lets not forget that this same FSU team was in the sweet 16 last year. They're not a bad team. They had a bad stretch there dont get me wrong. But that was more a sign of mental lapses then being an outright bad team. I wasnt entirely shocked they beat UNC last week. Beating Duke @ Duke is a surprise, but i never doubted that they would play them tough.

Were you surprised they won by 30+? :yes:

kevin jones is the best player in america that can't be identified by half of the country.

he is the leading scorer and rebounder in the big east. he is averaging over 20 points and 11+ boards per game.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/41841/kevin-jones

wvu will be a very tough out, but with 7 freshman they'll have trouble making a deep run. the freshman are talented, but play like freshman sometimes. and we only have 2 reliable scorers (jones and bryant), if one of them is off, it's hard for us to win....though we did pull out an OT victory against cincy yesterday with truck going 2 - 16 (0-8 from 3).

FSU is a solid team. I'm a UNC fan and could see the FSU loss coming a mile away. Didn't think we'd lose by 33, but I was very nervous about that game. FSU always plays UNC and Duke well. I could see another Sweet 16 run for them. Plus, its nice seeing some of the other teams in the ACC step up.

Couldn't be more obvious that there is officiating bias against WVU the last 2 games. First you don't call a goaltend on Saturday and now today's game. Officials clearly out to get WVU.

I have no association with WVU athletics. I say this as a neutral observer watching the games.

Couldn't be more obvious that there is officiating bias against WVU the last 2 games. First you don't call a goaltend on Saturday and now today's game. Officials clearly out to get WVU.

I have no association with WVU athletics. I say this as a neutral observer watching the games.

so it's not just me. i'm biased as hell, i know....but we have been hosed all year.

we were robbed of a victory against baylor. really bad call goes against us at uconn in a game we could've won. refs missed THREE calls (not just goaltend) at end of game at cuse. and tonight was bad enough that bilas talked about it. pathetic.

Duke "fans" have been silent this year as their team fell victim to the likes of Temple, FSU, and now Miami :ols:

Not exactly Coach K's best product out there this year. And with growing student apathy in the Duke student fanbase, Duke basketball is not exactly on high times right now. And Maryland residents, as required by law, are grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Oh crap...Duke on a run. Cameron actually making noise. Gotta see how this plays out

---------- Post added February-5th-2012 at 04:23 PM ----------

Also for WVU alumni "It is a great day to be a Mountaineer, where ever you may be" as WVU wins it in OT with a Bryant 3 at Providence

WVU has a long road ahead against the likes of ND and Louisville so best of luck to them

BE play getting tough now

Also for WVU alumni "It is a great day to be a Mountaineer, where ever you may be" as WVU wins it in OT with a Bryant 3 at Providence

WVU has a long road ahead against the likes of ND and Louisville so best of luck to them

BE play getting tough now

impressive caridi pull for a non-fan. good work.

it's going to be tough. we are young and the breaks haven't gone our way. we may be NIT bound. our SOS will help us, but we do need a few more wins and have tough match ups. it'll be fun to watch. huggs is coachin' his ass off.

Archived