Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

AsburySkinsFan

I was just about psychotic during the second half of the UVA/VT game last night. Horrible officiating both ways, clock operator couldn't pay attention long enough to keep from effing up no fewer than 5 times. Huge win for the hoos tourney chances, just have to win one against either FSU or UNC, or beat MD at their place and win one in the ACC tourney.

Amen, hopefully getting Sene back will put us in good shape (I think he's aiming for the MD game). I think UNC is going to crush us this weekend but I like our chances against FSU. Just need to lock up that four seed in the ACC tourny and avoid losing our first game. If we can do that, we should get seeded somewhere in the 5-8 range in the big dance.

Wahoowa.

I think they get it at 19-12 regular season record, provided they also win one more in the BE tourney.

I'd agree with that. They have some good wins: Miami, K-State, G'town, and Cincy. A win @ND would be big or even a home win against Marquette. I think if they win 1 of those 2 and a game in the BE Tourney, they should be in.

I'd agree with that. They have some good wins: Miami, K-State, G'town, and Cincy. A win @ND would be big or even a home win against Marquette. I think if they win 1 of those 2 and a game in the BE Tourney, they should be in.

Yea, good wins and close losses to top teams (including getting screwed in the Syracuse game). I think 20 wins, whether they come in the regulaor season or BET gets us in. 19 if one of the wins is tonight. The bubble is WEAK this year.

WVU is also a team that wouldn't surprise me if they went to the Elite 8 or Final 4...or just lost in the first round.

This team is impossible to predict accurately due to the youth and severe streaks that Truck Bryant goes on.

I don't see them winning more than 1 game. Too inconsistent, bad on the road, no experience at point guard. KJ and Turk might be able to manhandle a smallish team, but they have too many flaws to do much this year. Next year and the year after, we are going to be solid.

WVU is also a team that wouldn't surprise me if they went to the Elite 8 or Final 4...or just lost in the first round.

This team is impossible to predict accurately due to the youth and severe streaks that Truck Bryant goes on.

oooof, I don't know after seeing the ticker tonight.

my question is this........Syracuse struggled a little tonight. Do they need a lose with Melo as a gut check before the Big East tourney and then Madness?

oooof, I don't know after seeing the ticker tonight.

my question is this........Syracuse struggled a little tonight. Do they need a lose with Melo as a gut check before the Big East tourney and then Madness?

If they play like they did in the 2nd half for the remaining games, WVU will be NIT bound. They are still a dangerous team though if they make the tourney. They can play D and rebound...and Huggins does know how to coach.

if UMD wins on saturday they are 8-8 in the acc and Mark Turegon deserves coach of the year considerations. I think if MD wins 2 games in the acc tournament and goes 8-8 in the acc we are in the tournament

A win on Saturday would put the terps at 7-7 with the last two games against UNC & UVA. Not sure if the terps could pencil in a win in either of those two. If you go 2-1 over the last three that would be 18-12 (8-8) with really only one bad loss two Iona (Illinois was still decent at the time of that loss). 2 wins in the ACCT would certainly put you guys on the bubble.

if UMD wins on saturday they are 8-8 in the acc and Mark Turegon deserves coach of the year considerations. I think if MD wins 2 games in the acc tournament and goes 8-8 in the acc we are in the tournament

They would have to beat UNC or UVA and then win a few in the ACCT. They only have one good win so far and that was against Notre Dame.

yeah, as optimistic as I want to be. I don't know of the Terps are the tourney team this year. I think Turgeon has done an amazing job with a pretty bare cupboard left for him....and with his class coming in next year....they will be better. Then again...soon you're adding Syracuse and Pitt who won't be this bad for long to the ACC. The league hopefully will shift from its Carolina-centric nature. Terps will be in the "North" Or whatever it's called....and will have a tough enough road there.

I know it's blasphemy, but Huggins' recruiting is why we are in this mess. Noreen, Cottrill, Jennings, and Pepper should all be major contributors now that aren’t out there for us. If we didn’t get out recruited by LaSalle the first time around for Aaric Murray then he would be out there too.

You're not going to make a run with 2 seniors and 1 junior. Good teams will embarrass you. I can’t believe that a month ago I was thinking this was Huggins’ best coaching job at WVU, but at the time it really felt that way. I honestly have no idea how we hung in there with teams like Baylor and Syracuse.

I know it's blasphemy, but Huggins' recruiting is why we are in this mess. Noreen, Cottrill, Jennings, and Pepper should all be major contributors now that aren’t out there for us. If we didn’t get out recruited by LaSalle the first time around for Aaric Murray then he would be out there too.

You're not going to make a run with 2 seniors and 1 junior. Good teams will embarrass you. I can’t believe that a month ago I was thinking this was Huggins’ best coaching job at WVU, but at the time it really felt that way. I honestly have no idea how we hung in there with teams like Baylor and Syracuse.

I don't think it blasphemy to fault Huggs, but at the same time he is a victim of his own success. 6 or 7 years ago, WVU fans would be stoked to be on the bubble and probably getting in. Now we've all tasted a Final Four and a couple of Elite 8's and think a Tourney Berth should be like a minimal guaranteed level of success every year. Well hell, didnt UNC miss the Dance 2 years ago? That **** happens sometimes.

Tough to foresee Jennings and especially Pepper transferring. The class he brought in this year, especially if you add Murray and Juwan Staten, is going to be really good, but guys ALWAYS need a year under Huggins to get acclimated to working as hard as they have to (and putting on 30 lbs of muscle). Also, Noreen sucks. I dont know why WVU fans like that gangly retard. He reminds me of a LESS athletic John Oliver, which may be the worst thing ive ever said about anyone. He is awful and should never see the court. Ever. :chair:

Plus, Devin Ebanks should be a senior this year, but he was good enough to leave after 2 years. Tough to fault Huggs for getting a guy that left with 2 years of eligibility left. Not to mention the Bball practice facility, which was built almost entirely for recruiting purposes.

Regardless, I still think WVU will make the Dance and I still think they will be one and done because they just have too many weaknesses. The beating we took from ND has done nothing to change my opinion of this team.

A win on Saturday would put the terps at 7-7 with the last two games against UNC & UVA. Not sure if the terps could pencil in a win in either of those two. If you go 2-1 over the last three that would be 18-12 (8-8) with really only one bad loss two Iona (Illinois was still decent at the time of that loss). 2 wins in the ACCT would certainly put you guys on the bubble.

if we win on saturday, we are definitely splitting the last two games

if we win on saturday, we are definitely splitting the last two games

We'll see I suppose. Was at the UVA/MD game this past weekend. Was really impressed with Faust. Not sure home court would be enough for you guys to swing the win but should be a good one.

So far Duke has played the game they want to play, and that is make it a shootout. FSU needs to knock them out of that rhythm and quit letting them sink 3's at will. FSU just doesnt have the firepower to keep up if they dont start locking down on defense.

Archived