Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

AsburySkinsFan

I would like to know when the last time was that a team attempted more three pointers in a game than total points scored. Because in a truly historic performance, SMU lost tonight, 47-28 to an awful UAB team...at home. SMU shot 8-for-46 overall, and 3-for-29 from 3.

29 three point attempts

28 points

I can't even............ :doh:

And we are going to the Big East next season. :rotflmao:

Yeah SMU was awful last night.

Nice win for the Heels last night though. Miami is a solid team.

"Awful" is too kind a word to describe that game. I would have rather watched a middle school girls' basketball game. Hell, I'd rather watch a soccer game...ANY soccer game than that pathetic excuse for basketball I witnessed last night. There have been some bad games from SMU under Doherty, but this one was so bad that I hoped for him to be fired on the court right after the final buzzer. The Princeton offense, though boring, can be effective when run properly. Richmond is a good example of a team the last few years that succeeded with that system. But when a team runs it as horribly as SMU, then that equals mega ultra epic fail. 35 seconds on the shot clock and maybe 5 of those are used looking at the basket. The other 30 seconds are used passing it around the perimeter, while looking for the next person to pass it to, and then either faking or taking a three pointer.

I am SO lucky that I had a Mavs game to watch when I got home. I love basketball and to see as pathetic as an excuse for a game as I saw out of SMU, I'm fortunate I was able to watch a REAL basketball game get played before I went to bed or I swear I might have hung myself.

Of course Duke would come back to win, because they never lose in Cameron.

Also expect Duke to win the ACC tournament and get a #1 seed this year despite having a weak, young team. Will they ever be penalized by the media for having a raw team which isn't that good?

---------- Post added February-16th-2012 at 11:17 PM ----------

You got to give Duke credit

They are always down double digits and playing like **** and STILL manage to make the game close with incredible comebacks, even with this clearly raw and clearly inexperienced team

Those clowns are going to win it again

Sick of this

---------- Post added February-16th-2012 at 11:19 PM ----------

Also

1) WVU pounded Pitt, good day to be a Mountaineer, etc

2) VT lost at the last second to FSU

I hope FSU wins ACC and knocks Duke out of tournament but knowing Duke's invincibility in the ACC tournament, that will be really tough to do. At least win the ACC regular season

---------- Post added February-16th-2012 at 11:27 PM ----------

http://twitter.com/TimBrando/statuses/170363009875714050

Duke came back from 20 pts down to win 78-73 over NCST. Great game at Cameron Indoor tonight with @gman43duke on @accmbb @RaycomSports

Duke has come back so many times this season it's pathetic

They have trailed by dozens at Cameron to the likes of Miami and NC State :ols:

Duke is not a top 5 team IMO. Top 5 teams don't trail by 20 in the 2nd half to an unranked team. Yes they came back and won, but they shouldn't have had to go on a crazy run to win that game.

Wow Kentucky flat brought it in the 2nd half of the Miss St game tonight!!! The Bulldogs brought everything in the 1st half and finished 13 points up at the half!! :yikes: But then the Wildcats tear up the dogs going on a 20-9 run with 6 minutes to go out scoring Miss St by a 22 point margin in the 2nd half! Holy smokes I couldn't breathe until about 1:30 left in the game when Miller drained a HUGE three and then got fouled shooting a three pointer and hit them ALL! The refs were flat awful tonight though, calling ticky tack fouls while not ejecting a player who intentionally kicked Anthony Davis, but the Wildcats are getting used to outplaying the refs and the opposing team.

Go Wildcats!!!!!!

Talking on other forum about how Dickie V was implying Duke was a #1 seed despite their off season this year

With Missouri losing and OSU being ice cold lately, Duke may be a #1 seed :(

And of course you know Duke will dominate the ACC tournament again and clinch that #1 seed. Well, at least they won't win the championship this year.

Talking on other forum about how Dickie V was implying Duke was a #1 seed despite their off season this year

And of course you know Duke will dominate the ACC tournament again and clinch that #1 seed. Well, at least they won't win the championship this year.

I don't see Duke making it very far in the tourney. They just don't look like a #1 seed. I could be wrong, but they don't really scare anyone and if they have an off shooting night, they'll be done.

They don't deserve a #1 seed. If they will get it, they'll be the weakest #1 seed this year. So far the #1 seeds in my opinion are UK, Syracuse, Mizzou(even though they lost to Kansas St last night), and Ohio St.

I hope FSU can do Duke in again this weekend.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 10:34 AM ----------

Kentucky is absolutely filthy this year. If they don't win the tournament it'll be 1991 UNLV-like failure.

Naw, they have an L, that 90-91 UNLV team was destroying teams left and right until they got to Indy. I still refuse to say they threw that game vs Duke.

I was just about psychotic during the second half of the UVA/VT game last night. Horrible officiating both ways, clock operator couldn't pay attention long enough to keep from effing up no fewer than 5 times. Huge win for the hoos tourney chances, just have to win one against either FSU or UNC, or beat MD at their place and win one in the ACC tourney.

Archived