Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hank's injury the same one that ended Bo's career

pram11

We need more information on exactly what Hankerson's injury is. I haven't seen the exact prognosis yet. Additionally, sports science is light years ahead of what it was 20 years ago. Look at Tommy-Johns (sp) surgery and ACL repair as your guide. 20 years ago they were mostly career enders. Now they are darn near routine/ rehab operations.

Torn labrum in his hip.

Acetabular Labral Tear

What Is a Hip (Acetabular) Labral Tear ?

A hip (acetabular) labral tear is damage to cartilage and tissue in the hip socket. In some cases, it causes no symptoms. In others it causes pain in the groin. It can make you feel like your leg is "catching" or "clicking" in the socket as you move it. Over time, labral tears in the hip may cause permanent damage to the joint.

The labrum is a band of tough cartilage and connective tissue that lines the rim of the hip socket, or acetabulum. It cushions the joint of the hip bone, preventing the bones from directly rubbing against each other. The labrum also helps keep the leg bone in place and increases stability of the joint.

WebMD

uh, no, this is what ended his football career:

"Following surgery and rehabilitation on his injured hip, it was discovered that Jackson had avascular necrosis, as a result of decreased blood supply to the head of his left femur. This caused deterioration of the femoral head, ultimately requiring that the hip be replaced."

The injury itself was not the cause and one would hope 20 years later they can prevent this.

And there I was watching yesterday's game thinking to myself at least I could enjoy watching the emergence of Leonard Hankerson in the second half of the season. Now that's been taken away! Can we have even ONE DAMN positive thing to hang our hat on this season??!!!!????? This has got to be the most frustrating season I've ever watched. It's like a bad joke!

PER ROTOWORLD

Redskins placed WR Leonard Hankerson on injured reserve with a torn labrum in his hip, ending his season.

Coach Mike Shanahan referred to the promising rookie wideout's injury as "devastating," and Hankerson's loss is going to make it even more difficult for an already pathetic Redskins offense to generate ball movement. After a slow start to the season, Hankerson was finally coming into his own with an eight-catch, 106-yard performance in Week 10 against the Dolphins. On the bright side, this injury shouldn't affect Hankerson's 2012 effectiveness. He will return next season with a strong chance to be a starter.

The hip labrum is common, the subluxation that Shanny said Hank has, is not.

So what you're saying is that Hank's never going to be good again and we should all basically curl up in a frakking ball and die a little more inside.

Shanahan said four months. Every diagnose says he'll be back in 4-6 months. I'm already going nuts, but evidence shows you CAN come back from an injury like this and be effective.

And Chad Ochocinco's problem was that he played an entire season WITH the injury, instead of getting surgery for it.

I really like what I've seen and was looking forward to watching him the rest of the year more than any other aspect of our team. Seemed like we finally had a young, stud playmaker. That said, that hip injury is not to be taken lightly and recovery shouldn't be assumed. The hip joint bears a lot of weight, and that is only exacerbated by a 210 lb WR who has to break down routes, come to sudden stops, then push off coming out of his break.

And there I was watching yesterday's game thinking to myself at least I could enjoy watching the emergence of Leonard Hankerson in the second half of the season. Now that's been taken away! Can we have even ONE DAMN positive thing to hang our hat on this season??!!!!????? This has got to be the most frustrating season I've ever watched. It's like a bad joke!

This is exactly how I feel. For the last two weeks I have been simply enjoying Hank's time on the field watching him grow. I been on his side since day one and you can check the forums on that one. I knew he would be better with time while some wanted to cut him and label him so soon. But thats besides the point. Im really feeling like we are hitting rock bottom, i mean all these injuries, losses and sheer foolery. We prolly wont win another game this year... 3-13.. the analyst finally got one right smh. WORST SEASON EVER!

Archived