Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hank's injury the same one that ended Bo's career

pram11

pram, it's almost like you're arguing for Hank to really have the worst outcome now. done.

That's ridiculous and absurd. I've been watching the skins for 30 years and haven't missed a game since I was 7. I travel 6 hours to games. I feel the misery of nearly 20 years of mediocrity and the frustration of where this team is. Hank is THE bright spot I was hanging my hat on for this offense the rest of the year and the thing I was looking to most watching the rest of the year. I find it classless to take solace in another team's injury, and you're gonna accuse me of being happy that a Skin is hurt? Unbelievable and awfully judgmental for not even knowing me.

I don't know who we've pissed off in the football world, but apparently the Gods do not favor us. 20 years of mediocrity. 8 Head Coaches. Dozens of Quarterbacks. Overpaid Free Agents. Ridiculed on national television countless times. Sean Taylor's death. Wasted draft picks. Albert Haynesworth, and now the only reason why i tune in on Sundays, to see if some rookie can make an impact and provide even the slightest glimmer of hope for the future.

Football Gods: "What?!?! 8 catches, 108 yards, and he's a.... REDSKIN?!?!? Take him OUT!"

I mean, i know he's gonna recover, but anyone who's ever had significant injury requiring surgery knows (like me), he won't exactly be 100% the same. PLEASE GOD I HOPE IM WRONG. How much more can we take?

Folks....CALM DOWN! Injuries happen. Look at the damn Texans. They had a legit shot at the SuperBowl this year and just lost Shaub, Andre Johnson has missed most of the season, and already lost Mario Williams. And considering the list of players that have had this hip injury, there is no reason to be worried that its careeer threatening. I'm just glad that it happened early enough so that he can fully participate in offseason work. It could be worse. This is the "bottom falling out" season we all knew we had to go through at some point if we were ever going to get our Franchise QB. go with it & hope that at least we see further development from other young players like Helu, Hurt, Riley, & Paul in the meantime.....

....so we might gamble on Hank as our #2 reciever next season? Even if we only saw him in two games?

If he's healthy I feel comfortable that Hank will be at least a no. 2 WR, if not more. Kid has all you look for - size, speed, hands, route running, big production at a major college program. And the most important thing, he showed the drive and work ethic to fight his way back from of an iffy camp and preseason that led to gameday inactives and being buried at the bottom of the depth chart, to earn a starting spot midway through the year. He didn't tank it and had the competitiveness to not only work his way into the starting lineup, but put forth the best game we've had from a WR this year. He's the first young WR we've had in years that has the look of a big-time WR. So yes, if he's healthy, I'm more than okay saying he's a starter next year.

....so we might gamble on Hank as our #2 reciever next season? Even if we only saw him in two games?

Absolutely. I'm not saying to ignore the wr position altogether (we still need a pure deep threat) but I'm very comfortable with Hankerson to one side and Moss in the slot....

I'd still like to see Paul get an extensive look on passing downs to see what type of upside he has....

That's ridiculous and absurd. I've been watching the skins for 30 years and haven't missed a game since I was 7. I travel 6 hours to games. I feel the misery of nearly 20 years of mediocrity and the frustration of where this team is. Hank is THE bright spot I was hanging my hat on for this offense the rest of the year and the thing I was looking to most watching the rest of the year. I find it classless to take solace in another team's injury, and you're gonna accuse me of being happy that a Skin is hurt? Unbelievable and awfully judgmental for not even knowing me.

That's why I said it's "almost like" you are. Here's the deal, man, almost everyone who came in to calm the tone of your thread down by stating how unlikely the (worst case) scenario you propose may happen is, you respond to them about how it's more likely than they think and blah blah blah. Even if it is, why do that? What's the point in pissing in everyone's cheerios? The situation stinks and you shouldn't remind everyone at every opportunity you get how it could get friggin worse. My God, have you ever had a bad thing happen to you? How would you feel if someone kept telling you after the fact that it may get worse, or that it's likely?

Just keep it to yourself.

This is why you don't sell the farm for that one player you fall in love with. Imagine going all in for Luck and in his rookie season BLAMMO he's done for the year with an injury that poses serious concerns going forward.

The question now becomes, do we hedge our bets in the draft and take another WR in order to prepare for the worst (ie, Hank's career over)?

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

This is why you don't sell the farm for that one player you fall in love with. Imagine going all in for Luck and in his rookie season BLAMMO he's done for the year with an injury that poses serious concerns going forward.

Yes!! Exactly.

I know it was 20 years ago, but the things I've read on that type of injury aren't real encouraging, even today. One has to legitimately wonder if Hank will ever be right again.

When Hank went down during the game and I watched the replay all that came to mind was Bo Jackson... It just didn't look right and it was the same hitting the brakes look of a femur jambing back into the hip socket. I kept wondering if this was gonna be worse than what initially thought... and here it is. What a shame. Good guy just getting going and then this. The torn labrum tells the amount of movement that took place.

Damn, Damn Damn

Hankerson walked off the field on his own, Bo could barely walk even with help.....in 20 years im sure medicine and rehab has improved immensely....:)

I agree modern medicine has progressed a lot in 20 years and that too many are being negative... that said, this is not accurate. I was at that game, an AFC playoff game vs. the Bengals on a Saturday (Skins played the next day) and Bo Jackson was walking on the sidelines with his son on his shoulders after that game. I also thought they said that Bo had a physical anomaly that made him more prone genetically for such an injury.

Hank's early detection of the injury was key, and timing sucked but is also good. With dedicated rehab he can make June OTAs. Godspeed #85

This is the worst news of the year for me. Losing I can handle because I expect it, but having two of our most promising draft picks suffer serious injuries is just horrible luck.

Hankerson has great size, adequate speed, and good enough hands from what I saw despite all those preseason worries. I just pray he is able to recover because he has #1 WR potential and is the large receiver that we have needed for a long time.

So what you're saying is that Hank's never going to be good again and we should all basically curl up in a frakking ball and die a little more inside.

Shanahan said four months. Every diagnose says he'll be back in 4-6 months. I'm already going nuts, but evidence shows you CAN come back from an injury like this and be effective.

And Chad Ochocinco's problem was that he played an entire season WITH the injury, instead of getting surgery for it.

Not to mention Ocho is 30+ years old and not early 20s

Archived