Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC: Made in America: Bourbon Boom in the Heartland

China

Made in America: Bourbon Boom in the Heartland

There's a bourbon boom in the heartland. Production has expanded, sales have broken records and employment is on the rise.

Bourbon, an 100 percent American product that is almost as old as the U.S. itself, has not seen this kind of demand since the end of Prohibition, according to the Kentucky Distillers Association.

"It's a remarkable thing," said Max Shapira, president of Heaven Hill Distilleries. "A remarkable turnaround for an industry, especially in this kind of economic climate."

Production of bourbon has been up 18 percent in the past year and continues to soar. In Kentucky, there are now more barrels of bourbon than there are people, according to the Kentucky Distillers Association.

Click on the link for the full article

Sorry to spoil the party, but the fact is that Bourbon tastes like a sickly horse took a whiz in a rotting burnt out old stump, and someone drained it into a bottle. Never could stand the stuff.

and now I'm outta here before the good old boys go ballistic

:movefast:

Sorry to spoil the party, but the fact is that Bourbon tastes like a sickly horse took a whiz in a rotting burnt out old stump, and someone drained it into a bottle. Never could stand the stuff.

I can't drink it neat (like most strong alcohols that aren't sweet), but it can be a good mixer.

I guess it is pretty different from the appletinis and smirnoff ices you're used to :P

Archived