Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How often do you think about Sean Taylor?

issapunk

There are so many delusional fans around here. It's been proven time and time again that there is very little loyalty to the players. If ST would have survived and had a bad season the next year, people would be yelling for a trade.

I find that I think of him most whenever we go on a big win streak (not that it's happened much since his passing.) When we started 6-2 with Zorn, even this year at 3-1, I always tend to think about how "something" is missing.

I know some people think threads like these aren't right, or that some people here think that thinking about someone we didn't no personally is weird, but think about what happened to us as Redskins fans (perhaps this is selfish of me.) NO other team in the NFL has had their best player, face of the franchise, get killed before his prime.

It'd be like Ray Lewis getting killed in 1999, or Polamalu dying his fourth year. Sean was that guy to our franchise.

There are so many delusional fans around here. It's been proven time and time again that there is very little loyalty to the players. If ST would have survived and had a bad season the next year, people would be yelling for a trade.

Being that I am a fan of the Miami Hurricanes, I watched him play before he got here, and I was ecstatic when we drafted him. I was in awe of his physical talents. He played with a sense of reckless abandon that any fan couldn't help but absolutely love.

When he was on the field, there was no flexing, there was no smiling, there was only physical confrontation, and lot's of it. He took the game very seriously, and I absolutely loved that about him. He was just a different cat. He wasn't a primadonna.

He went through the growing pains that all NFL players go through before they eventually get it together. After '06, I did not want him gone, I wanted him to get better. I alsdo believe he played more SS that year anyway, causing him to be up closer to the LOS.

Ever since he was drafted, I had been envisioning a fast, rangy, tomahawk cruise missile that could defend every blade of grass, and could close in on a receiver on a deep ball and make a play, when he was nowhere near the play when the ball was thrown. In '07, he finally achieved greatness.

There were (and are) a lot of people on this site (including me), and outside of this site, who held him in high regard well before his death. Most fans are loyal to guys who work hard, play every play like it's their last, don't read their own press clippings, don't create bulletin board material for other teams, and make plays to help us win games. He did all of that.

There hasn't been one Sunday to this day that I don't remember him. Come to think about it there's not one day that pass that he is at least thought about cause his pic is in my back round on my phone, computer, and on my hallway wall. ST was amazing to watch play this game for us. All tho I was alive for the skins SB wins I was not old enough to appreciate the game. ST, CP, and Santana with ST being the most exciting player to watch were my highest points of excitement for me with this team and now the pieces have been taken or faded away and the excitement hasn't been so high for me in some time. ST is still missed by me and forever will be.

Never.....

Every day.

Not that often, but way more often than a person who's not a friend or member of his family should.

Probably true. However and it is selfish, I can't help but think about how different the Redskins Defense would be if he were lining up. Sean played old school football. He was a game changer at the moment when the game seemed over. Some guys are good, some guys are great, some transcend the game not only with physical talent but with heart and leadership. When I think of Sean Taylor, losing out never comes to mind.

I think about him fairly frequently. He was my favorite modern era Redskin. The first jersey I ever bought was his #36 rookie jersey. I still wear it six times a year during division games. When I finally got to go to a game at FedEx (I live in Vermont) I had my binoculars and kept going to #21. It was the 2007 game against Arizona. One of the last games he ever played. Whenever I played Madden, I always played as #21 while on defense. I haven't played Madden since then. Plus one of my customers I deal with fairly frequently is named Sean Taylor.

We need to stop beating ourselves up over this and move on. Taylor was special and great but he is never coming back.

I don't agree with you, but I do have to say that if you feel this way, you probably shouldn't have bumped a thread that hadn't been posted in for a day. Doesn't really help you achieve your goal.

When it's in the news that someone has been murdered

When I hear of a young child who has lost a parent due to violence, illness, or an accident

When I see #21 or #36

When there's an amazing hit in a football game

When the Redskins blow a tackle, and I wish ST was on the field

When Area 51 happens to come up

Around Thanksgiving time, especially on Nov. 27

When a large crowd waves rally towels, it reminds me of the beautiful tribute to Sean during the Buffalo game.

Archived