Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How often do you think about Sean Taylor?

issapunk

I find myself thinking about him pretty often. I get so sad when I think about seeing him out there opposite Landry and how unbelievably good they would both be at this point of their careers. Seems almost appropriate for the Redskins to lose one of the best players they have ever had in such a tragic, random accident. I always think about how unfair it is that this happened and how the NFL should have awarded a compensatory pick for losing such a great player in an accident like this.

What I would give to just see a highlight reel of him in a parallel universe where was still alive.

RIP Sean

Every time I see Reed Doughty in the game.

Every time I see or hear of Kyle Orton -- was at FedEx when he seemed to be throwing to ST on purpose.

Every time I see Nick Novak kick (the run back after the Troy Vincent block setting up Novak's kick FTW; great game).

Every time I see Landry out of position or beat on converage.

Every time I try to count playmakers on the Skins and seem to come up a few short.

Every time I think of Coach Janky Spanky. Seriously funny bit.

Nearly every time I hear of "The U".

A lot more than I would have expected, honestly. Wish he was still around, and I'm just a selfish Redskins fan.

I hate to sound mean' date=' but the guy wasn't my brother, dad, or son so he usually only crosses my mind when I see a photo here in someone's sig.[/quote']

Haha, I mean I don't stare into space crying about it, but when I think about the Redskins and all the shortcomings of the past decade, his death sticks out as the worst.

Every Sunday when I see the Taylor jersey I have not worn since the game against the Bills in 2007. Other then that, randomly. When I see a clip like the fg block from the game against Dallas (thx NewCliche21) or when I think about how close this team is, but at the same time how far away they are (usually on Monday mornings the last few weeks).

But, to put things in prospective, Sean Taylor's death and its effect on the Redskins is no different and possibly less then the effect of the death of Len Bias on the Celtics.

His death changed the trajectory of the Redskins team forever. Not only did it contribute to Joe Gibbs leaving the team ahead of when he wanted, but it changed the dynamics of the roster and the locker room.

That being said, and being blunt, crap happens and you have to move on.

Every time they bring up Favre's records. He caught the record breaking interception. Seems fitting.

There's been a lot of talk of the 05 team, the last that was pretty decent. That brings me to him.

Threads like these.

I've moved on and am ready to build a new team. Sean Taylor was Gibbs II's best accomplishment.

If Gibbs I is defined by three super bowls, Gibbs II is defined by Sean Taylor, for better or worse.

Everytime I see Big Ben highlights on ESPN. We drafted Patrick Ramsey two years before him and Jason Campbell the year afterwards. Big Ben was drafted 6 picks after Sean Taylor. I mean no disrespect but a high pick on a DB reminds me of how much I despised the way this team looked at the draft.

Other than that I don't think of him much these days.

Everytime I see Big Ben highlights on ESPN. We drafted Patrick Ramsey two years before him and Jason Campbell the year afterwards. Big Ben was drafted 6 picks after Sean Taylor. I mean no disrespect but a high pick on a DB reminds me of how much I despised the way this team looked at the draft.

I agree that it probably would've been wise to select a QB, but to be fair, it is extremely rare that you will find a guy like that, so I wasn't upset by the pick at all. I think Taylor, along with Big Ben, would've been a consistent game changing kind of player.

Other than that I don't think of him much these days.

With our luck, he would have been arrested for those allocations had we drafted him.

I agree that it probably would've been wise to select a QB, but to be fair, it is extremely rare that you will find a guy like that, so I wasn't upset by the pick at all. I think Taylor, along with Big Ben, would've been a consistent game changing kind of player.

I agree Sean was special. It just shows how bad we've been at picking QBs. People think of Campbell when they see Aaron Rodgers and forget we drafted 'Los earlier in that round. We just love DBs.

Too often. Was my favorite player of all time. I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when my ex-gf texted me to let me know what had happened. My current girlfriend got me a large mirror with different photos of him etched into it and it says "Sean Taylor" at the top and "Gone but Never Forgotten" with the dates at the bottom. I'll have to post pictures sometime. I wear his authentic jersey almost every week. I will never forget the way he played and the passion he brought to the game. RIP Sean.

As strange as it sounds, I think about him every time I see Ed Reed play. The ball-hawking nature that Reid has and has had for years is the same type of player that ST had for the Skins, plus ST would have been a franchise player for this team in the same way Reed is for the Ravens.

Hardly ever and only when fans who can't let go bring it up.

I liked the kid honestly and feel bad about his circumstances but I sometimes wonder when will we be able to move on? I could see if he was someones brother here, dad, uncle, cousin, but I'm guessing not. All he was to most of us was just another player. Yet for some reason fans want to hold on and not let go while other Redskins have passed and no one hardly cares.

As strange as it sounds, I think about him every time I see Ed Reed play. The ball-hawking nature that Reid has and has had for years is the same type of player that ST had for the Skins, plus ST would have been a franchise player for this team in the same way Reed is for the Ravens.

Plus he just destroyed dudes coming across the middle. TO is a pretty big dude, so it was amazing to see a DB like ST physically handle him like he did.

Another play I'll always remember is the season finale in '04 when he outjumped Randy Moss in the endzone ( which no one ever did back in the day ) and double deflected a ball away from him.

I feel like these kind of threads soil his remembrance. I enjoy seeing a sig to commemorate him, but threads like these make me think, "Really? ..." That's not how I want to feel regarding ST.

Really?

I still put him in the Len Bias category. He was a good, gamechanging player, and the franchise is worse for his leaving.

It's not like I (at the least, can't speak for everyone) worship the guy. But, at the very least, like Bo Jackson's hip, it was a career cut short that you would have liked to have seen continue. What's wrong with a thread taking stock? Seriously, who on the team would you keep right now? Landry, Orakpo, Kerrigan, Davis... Not too many. You'd add Taylor to that group, wouldn't you?

Archived