Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grant Paulsen twitter: (RUMOR) M. Hurt to start at LG this sunday vs 49ers

authentic

And pound them into submission if they struggle. The fanbase hasn't exactly shown much patience to young players who don't succeed immediately.

Man, I'm glad they aren't the head coach... lol

But in all seriousness, I would love to let Hurt, Trent (when healthy) and Monty play out the rest of the season at LG, LT, C.

Man, I'm glad you aren't the head coach...

And pound them into submission if they struggle. The fanbase hasn't exactly shown much patience to young players who don't succeed immediately.

I hope he's playing because he's ready, not because they are desperate.

Well, if Shanahan gives him the green light, then he must be ready.

Again, what better way to do this when you're treating this as another lost/ experimental season. I know it's not something that everyone wants to hear but that is the reality that we're faced with.

Well, if Shanahan gives him the green light, then he must be ready.

Again, what better way to do this when you're treating this as another lost/ experimental season. I know it's not something that everyone wants to hear but that is the reality that we're faced with.

Fans are thinking that way.

I doubt the coaches and players are. Or at least I hope they're not.

GHH... So here is conundrum for you. I know you are rooting for the highest pick possible, therefore you would prefer to see us lose as mug as possible. So now, do you root against a guy like Hurt? Because what if he comes in, does really well, and increases our chances of maybe one extra win this year? :)

I seriously doubt the play of a guard makes a lick of difference to a team that can't score for **** man. But as all I've wanted from the pre-season in a season I've never seen as anything but a down year where results would neither be there nor mean anything ultimately was to see all the young guys play and hopefully show they can play a part going forward; I hope Hurt really starts to show and keeps his place for the experience from here on out this year.

Hail.

Fans are thinking that way.

I doubt the coaches and players are. Or at least I hope they're not.

This. As much as some fans want the team to suck for draft position (something which I never understood), it is the job of both coaches and players to win games. What's the reward for tanking a season? Unemployment, more than likely.

Funny that people think that one game under .500 means the end of the season for many. Never mind that there are a bunch of games left, and playing well goes beyond just the season being played, but into the offseason. I don't mind young players playing, but only when the coaching staff thinks they deserve to be in there.

If T. Williams isn't back this week, then I would be surprised to see Hurt start.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if, at some point before this season is over, M. Hurt, W. Smith, W. Montgomery and T. Williams were four of our five starting linemen.

Like most everyone else, I was not happy to see Monty slide and have 3 guys in new positions. Safe to say it failed miserably, even though Locklear has experience.

Bring the hurt!

I want to see Willie Smith! Especially if the game is facking mess, and left side failing.

I did'nt know he was on the active roster?

---------- Post added November-4th-2011 at 05:10 PM ----------

I was wondering why Cook just didn't play LG? He's played it before. I would have kept Monty at C and played Cook at LG.

This is a team that employs 8 WRs and two lousy QBs, it's best not to ask.

Never gotten why a guy 6'6 would want to play center to start with.

Hail.

I don't follow offensive line rotation of any other teams, so I can't say by comparison, but I've heard Shanny say quite a bit of things like: "we want our guys to be flexible, play multiple positions". Or at least points out that he has guys that can do as such. With as killer as Oline injuries are to us, I'd say that's a good idea.

Only took a week to figure out Cook at center is a no-no, so he's learned something about his line and making the adjustment.

At least we're not having to hear about how the center needs to put his ass farther or lower in the air or whatever lol (Zorn/campbell..)

---------- Post added November-4th-2011 at 06:10 PM ----------

I wouldnt really consider Banks a "WR"

maybe a waterboy? cuz i bet a waterboy could take a knee and give us better field position then Banks...

If I remember correctly, Banks caught a few balls last year (over the middle of all places) and never got smashed to pieces or anything like that. If Gaffney's getting open on simple crossing routes, Banks should be smoking people getting wide open. Sell the middle of the field enough then send Brandon In and Up. If he's the fastest guy on the team besides DHall, i don't see why he can't go in and stretch the field a time or two. Just don't see what the difference is from last year. But I'm no coach..

I wonder if he's slower than last year due to injuries.. hate to agree with you, because he's given great field position a couple times, but if he keeps getting stopped short of the 20 he's gotta go.

Archived