Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grant Paulsen twitter: (RUMOR) M. Hurt to start at LG this sunday vs 49ers

authentic

Sweet. I was hoping such a move would be made so Montgomery can go back to playing C.

---------- Post added November-4th-2011 at 03:09 PM ----------

Wasn't he god awful in training camp? At least Monty gets back to C.

His conditioning wasn't the best IIRC, but looked pretty good in the preseason games I thought.

Well, they have to do something. Monty was better inside, and Cook wasn't getting the job done. I kinda wish they had picked up a veteran rather than promoting Hurt, but we will see what happens.

Unless your holding out some forlorn hope still for this season results wise, does it really matter? I'd personally MUCH rather Hurt and Smith be out there to evaluate them going forward in live action then some vet. that probably won't be here next year taking up a spot in a season that's long since dead.

Hail.

Well, they have to do something. Monty was better inside, and Cook wasn't getting the job done. I kinda wish they had picked up a veteran rather than promoting Hurt, but we will see what happens.

Let the puppies get their feet wet... this is what we've wanted for so long.

Now, we're getting a chance to see our draft picks on the field even if it already a lost season.

Well it's better to have 1 weak position to cover vice 2. With Cook at center and Monty at guard both were weak.

I agree...I didn't like that we basically re-shuffled the entire line. I think you're better off replacing just the positions you have to even if Monty is marginally better at guard than the next guy up.

Monty at C, Williams at T (soon), and Hurt at G is a better option.

Unless your holding out some forlorn hope still for this season results wise, does it really matter? I'd personally MUCH rather Hurt and Smith be out there to evaluate them going forward in live action then some vet. that probably won't be here next year taking up a spot in a season that's long since dead.

Hail.

GHH... So here is conundrum for you. I know you are rooting for the highest pick possible, therefore you would prefer to see us lose as mug as possible. So now, do you root against a guy like Hurt? Because what if he comes in, does really well, and increases our chances of maybe one extra win this year? :)

Man, I'm glad you aren't the head coach...

Let the puppies get their feet wet... this is what we've wanted for so long.

Now, we're getting a chance to see our draft picks on the field even if it already a lost season.

And pound them into submission if they struggle. The fanbase hasn't exactly shown much patience to young players who don't succeed immediately.

I hope he's playing because he's ready, not because they are desperate.

I hope it's true - though it would probably mean Trent is still out as I read they were thinking of moving Locklear to guard when Trent comes back. Having Monty at C is the right thing to do IMO.

well i did read that Trent is certainly a possibility for this week. Maybe a gametime decision. I also read from a couple of sources that Locklear @ LG is unlikely since he never played that position as a pro...

---------- Post added November-4th-2011 at 02:31 PM ----------

I hope he's playing because he's ready, not because they are desperate.

FWIW:

@Russellmania980

Maurice Hurt said he had been practicing exclusively at LG this wk

RT @john_keim

Shanahan praised his recent play in practice

well i did read that Trent is certainly a possibility for this week. Maybe a gametime decision. I also read from a couple of sources that Locklear @ LG is unlikely since he never played that position as a pro...

if Trent is borderline I would rather they waited another week. I hope your right about not moving Locklear inside, It seems like a desperation move.

if Trent is borderline I would rather they waited another week. I hope your right about not moving Locklear inside, It seems like a desperation move.

I agree about Trent, don't want another setback. Locklear admitted to his lack of experience, so i think LG is a no-go for him.

Again, unless you think this season is still alive results wise, there's little to no benefit in signing a vet. when you need to evaluate what, if anything, you have in these guys going forward.

Hail.

I think his point is that it's the goal of every head coach to win. We're only 3-4, which sucks, but given the rest of the division, it's not the end of the world either.

I'm sure Mike thinks the season is still alive.

I'm sure you think he's foolish for thinking so.

Archived