Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-12 CAA Basketball Thread

bushwack

They would be stupid to reject mainly ODU and to a lesser extent GSU. VCU won't be there and if you take ODU out of the equation for the CAA Tourney, the attendance or lack thereof will be even worse in Richmond. Take away the two closest schools and two of the best programs and Yeager will see just how bad the figures will drop in a 12 month time span.

Agreed, it's going to be an empty Richmond Coliseum next March.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It's a sad day firing Blaine, but it had to be done. Yes, Blaine had several great years where he led the team to different post season tournaments, but his drinking problems (showing up drunk for a coaches show 2 weeks ago, and an issue before the game last night) caught up with him, along with his terrible recruiting during our greatest years have accumulated to the travesty that is the 2012-13 ODU Men's Basketball program.

I have full faith in our AD Wood-Selig that he will find a great coach that will restore the program back and make it even better than it's been in the previous years.

damn, i just read about Blaine slurring at the coaches show. All the videos have been taken down

I was just thinking... both times I've seen ODU play this year they haven't struck me as having 2-20 level talent. Hell one of their wins this year is UVA, who is legit despite losing to 3 CAA teams. Perhaps Blaine has been having more issues than we know of this year and "lost the team" awhile ago as a result.

I was just thinking... both times I've seen ODU play this year they haven't struck me as having 2-20 level talent. Hell one of their wins this year is UVA, who is legit despite losing to 3 CAA teams. Perhaps Blaine has been having more issues than we know of this year and "lost the team" awhile ago as a result.

Blaine lost his wife and family a little while ago when he fell off the wagon again. His top two assistants are also going through separation/divorce issues as well, and have been in bad shape.

The problem with the product on the court was 2-3 years ago when ODU was having it's greatest years in school history (IMO), Blaine was off looking for a better job instead of finding solid recruits, and his recruiting classes from '09-'11 were absolutely terrible and most of the players are no longer even with the program. That, mixed with Blaine's refusal to run a more uptempo offense with the smaller line up we currently have is the reason for the worst season in school history.

I hope Blaine gets his life together just from a human being stand point. It's not fun and horrible to watch a man do what he's doing to himself. I just hope he can find the help he needs and turn his life around.

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say its been entertaining to watch this season from a outside point of view. A10 so far how been living up to hype for VCU. It was nice being ranked a few times this season. I'm curious if we'll be in the A10 very long with the C7 knocking at the door for Xavier, SLU,VCU, and Butler.

sidenote: Its sad Towson could've really have a shot this season but aren't eligible. They will be good next year though.

I gotta say its been entertaining to watch this season from a outside point of view. A10 so far how been living up to hype for VCU. It was nice being ranked a few times this season. I'm curious if we'll be in the A10 very long with the C7 knocking at the door for Xavier, SLU,VCU, and Butler.

Feinstein says Xavier, Butler, Dayton & St. Louis are virtual locks:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-02-16/sports/37134112_1_catholic-school-big-east-schools-new-league

Looks like the final spot would be between Richmond & Siena.

Archived