Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-12 CAA Basketball Thread

bushwack

hewitt sucks

Just won a game after being down 5 at halftime, having Pearson in foul trouble throughout and held to only 4 points. Morrison and Pearson fouled out with over a minute left and we only had 1 player over 6'6" with Copes out injured.

This team has a lot of shortcomings this year, but coaching is NOT one of them.

Results from the Quarterfinals:

#1 Drexel def. #9 UNC-W 59-47

#4 ODU def. #5 Delaware 88-74

#2 VCU def. #7 Northeastern 75-65

#3 Mason def. #6 Ga. State 61-59

Sunday's Semifinal Match-Ups:

#1 Drexel vs. #4 ODU @ 2 PM

#2 VCU vs. #3 Mason @ 4:30 PM

Just won a game after being down 5 at halftime, having Pearson in foul trouble throughout and held to only 4 points. Morrison and Pearson fouled out with over a minute left and we only had 1 player over 6'6" with Copes out injured.

Coaching hasn't been great, but lack of depth is KILLING us. Not to mention were getting ZERO consistent Guard play. Morrison had a decent game but Wright and Morrison stepped up to help. I'm not happy at all with our play tonight and if we come out like this against VCU it's gonna be a VERY long night.

We were down 11 when I posted that, so I was pissed at the time. Regardless, I still don't think Hewitt is the coach Larranaga is. Hewitt has benefited from being a good recruiter and having lots of talented athletes. He doesn't take average players and make them better like Coach L does

We were down 11 when I posted that, so I was pissed at the time. Regardless, I still don't think Hewitt is the coach Larranaga is. Hewitt has benefited from being a good recruiter and having lots of talented athletes. He doesn't take average players and make them better like Coach L does

Actually player development is one of hewitt's strong points IMO. Mike mo looks like a whole new player. Would have loved to see him under Hewitt for 4 years. Arledge looks much improved. Just a couple small examples. I'm still maintaining that from an in-game and player development perspective, hewitt is much better than coach L.

VCU punching their ticket to the dance with the ole eye test. They're in regardless of tomorrow.

I'm not convinced of this. Their RPI is in the 60s, which is good, but their SOS is in the 200s, which is pathetic. They have 1 quality OOC win vs. South Florida, and that's it.

I still won't be surprised to see them get in because of what they did last year, even though last year should and reputations should not be considered when making up the field of 68.

I'm not convinced of this. Their RPI is in the 60s, which is good, but their SOS is in the 200s, which is pathetic. They have 1 quality OOC win vs. South Florida, and that's it.

I still won't be surprised to see them get in because of what they did last year, even though last year should and reputations should not be considered when making up the field of 68.

That's OOC. 2 wins each vs Mason and ODU and only 3 conference losses say a lot IMO about their chances. Not 100% sure they are in but I wouldn't bet against them right now.

That's OOC. 2 wins each vs Mason and ODU and only 3 conference losses say a lot IMO about their chances. Not 100% sure they are in but I wouldn't bet against them right now.

Yeah, but the CAA's RPI and strength is greatly down compared to last year, which IMO was probably one of the strongest years, if not the strongest, in CAA history.

No CAA team has a real quality victory over any OOC opponent. The league's best team, Drexel, didn't beat anybody OOC and has a horrible loss to Norfolk St. on their record. I just don't hold VCU doing well in conference as highly as I would in last year's league.

I think our rpi is now 50 unless I'm mistaken. Anyway crazy game. I've never seen a game like that honestly in my years of watching CAA b ball and the tourney. Going 7-7 from 3 was just insane at the beginning. GMU battled back hard though and definitely made it interesting. Hopefully we can knock off Drexel tomorrow and keep the CAA championship in the VA Trifecta. Drexel will want this one though because at large hopes are very slim considering the OOC schedule and some bad losses. VCU will of course want this championship for Shaka. That would put a end to that crap we hear about Shaka not being able to coach a team to better than 4th and such(Honestly us finishing 2nd and the Final Four should be enough proof that Shaka can coach for those that doubt his ability). I'm really hoping Shaka and Bradford take it tomorrow. It would also be great for Theus considering this is the first time he truly led the team as PG.Being that he followed Eric Maynor and Jrod there's a lot of high expectations for him.

No way Drexel is losing today...sorry RR. Damion always turns it on when it matters and I see nothing different with tonight. Chris Fouch fits in nicely as a starter and as always, Franz is a straight baller. VCU played us hard at the DAC but we were able to pull away and i see the same here. Even though, the home-court advantage for you guys will be ridiculous

Archived