Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday Tryouts - Scout.com - Redskins try out CB Fabian Washington, eight others

Champskins

I wonder who finds these stiffs anyway. With guys that can actually HELP the team like T.O, we're trying out an accused rapist in Cox, a CB worse than anyone on our roster in Washington, and some QB no one has ever heard of in Archer?? At least bring T.O in to see what he can offer, it has to be more than AA, Hankerson, or Paul can right now.

He's a dummy for denying having sex with her but he's not the first guy to do so when he's told me might have made a baby. So maybe he belongs on Maury Povich, and is the wrong attitude/character for a team, but it bothers me how often women throw the word 'rape' around. They should be held accountable if they turn out to be exaggerating, and they usually aren't. The Roethlesberger girl turned out to be bananas and a pathological liar, and nothing happened to her. I had my high school girlfriend tell me she was raped after cheating on me, it happens ALL the time..throwing 'rape' around all willy nilly.

I could be wrong, but this just keeps happening, because these girls keep seeing it happen on TV.

I totally agree with you. The chick that he allegedly impregnated doesn't help her case. http://bossip.com/321297/broncos-rookie-perrish-cox-might-skate-on-this-rape-charge-and-heres-why12006/ ....WOW. camille4.jpg?w=500

The fact that he said he didn't have sex with the girl, refused to take the DNA test, then turned out to be the kids father makes him look guilty.

Dumb hoes and dumb ballers....This is the last I speak on it in the Stadium unless the skins go out on a limb and sign this dude.

According to www.nfldraftscout.com:

08/28/11 -Cox is facing a sexual assault charge that is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 27.

CB Perrish Cox had an interception vs. Dallas on an overthrown slant. Cox is a good ballhawk but his roster status remains dubious with a sexual-assault case hanging over the second-year player's head."

The details of the allegations are even worse...

07/22/11 - CB Perrish Cox is facing a rape charge from an incident in September 2010, and the alleged victim believes she was drugged because she wasn't certain she had sex that night until she learned she was pregnant. The information in an affidavit was released after The Denver Post and The Associated Press went to court to argue for the right to see it. Cox, 24, was arrested Dec, 9 and is facing felony charges of assault on a helpless victim and sexual assault on a victim incapable of appraising her condition. He faces a minimum of two years in prison and a maximum of life if convicted. Cox plead not guilty in May and his trial is scheduled for October. In the affidavit, the woman told police she only had four or five drinks as she partied with three Broncos players the night of Sept. 5 and early Sept. 6, and later passed out at Cox's apartment, according to The Denver Post. According to the affidavit obtained by the Post, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and cornerback Cassius Vaughn were the other two players. The woman met Thomas at a nightclub, and Vaughn and Cox were roommates at the time. Thomas has denied having sex with the woman, and DNA evidence has matched Cox as the father.

I'll pass...don't want this guy in the same metropolitan area as my wife, sisters...and nieces.:mad:

---------- Post added November-2nd-2011 at 03:09 PM ----------

Count me in...couldn't hurt.

I don't want this. He had sex with her when she was unconscious and he is the "father" through DNA? Are we that desperate? Apparently. Scratch. Next.

Well, I think it's obvious to all of us real football guys that the coaches must insanely think the OL is just fine and needs no attention and that's why they're ignoring all the opportunities to try out a few OL scrubs with all the other-position scrubs we're trying out. That obviously has to be it.

If Bodden is that good, why hasn't anyone signed him as of yet?

Kevin gets a bad rep. He is a playmaker, and at present is being asked to play against his natural game. One could say the same about Orakpo ... he too has been stellar this year.

I'm probably one of the few who even knows who this guy is, but I love that we tried out Fendi Onobun. He's the kind of raw TE prospect who could develop into the next Jimmy Graham-type receiving threat. Athletically freakish ex-basketball player who's relatively new to football. The rams drafted Lance Kendricks and also Hoomanawanui looked way better in limited action than anyone expected, so they cut Fendi loose. I'd LOVE to get him on our practice squad.

we can't get a single O line for a tryout, but we can bring in every scrub with a pending criminal charge....

The QB, RJ or Rush James, hails from my Commonwealths powerouse of William and Mary....

".Rush James "R.J." Archer II (born August 5, 1987 in Charlottesville, Virginia) is an American football quarterback who is currently a member of the Georgia Force. He went undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft, but was signed by the Vikings as an undrafted free agent...." payloffs

RJ was great at William & Mary. I'm from Williamsburg (my dad was W&M class of '79), so I always tend to root for them. Except for when they beat UVA during my second year there. That sucked. Thank God Mike London is our coach now.

The only way he was getting a look was for the PS. No way he makes the active roster. That or maybe Grossman is still sick and they needed another practice arm.

Rush James Archer is the best name ever, I wish he were good so I could get his jersey. Why do all the good QBs have boring names like Brady, Rodgers, and Manning? Like why can't Stylez G White play QB, because even if he were the worst QB ever, the jersey would look great.

But yeah, we are incredibly thin at corner and some depth would be nice, is Brandyn really playing that badly that he can't make that squad? Pretty disheartening since I really like him as a cover corner. As to people asking why we aren't trying out any O line men, who is out there that is an improvement right now? Can linemen even just step in and play at a high level off the bat? I would bet that Mike watched that game on Sunday and it's 10 sacks, but bringing in more scrubs and more worthless scrubs will definitely not help anything.

I wouldn't be against bringing in Perrish Cox, I mean he's really young and the only thing thats a knock on him is the sexual assault charge. Which is, right now, just an accusation and we are guilty until proven innocent in this country. I don't know the details of this, but if it looks overblown like just drunk sex at a party or if it's just a girl looking for a pay check when she figured out who she was with then I say we can take a chance on him. But if the evidence is stacked against him and it looks like he will be found guilty, i say let em go, we don't need rapists on this team. He is definently the most talented of those bunch and could probably make a better corner than Barnes right now who is incredibly raw.

So a girl parties and has sex with a professional athlete, says she doesn't remember and claims she was raped. ...never heard that one before..? Geez turns out a lot of pro athletes are rapists huh, go figure.

What's more likely? A handful of rich pro athletes are rapists...or women become very promiscuous around rich athletes then don't want to look like a slut afterwards so they call rape. "I only had 4 or 5 drinks, he must have drugged me." Give me a break.. sorry not buying it.

He's a dummy for denying having sex with her but he's not the first guy to do so when he's told me might have made a baby. So maybe he belongs on Maury Povich, and is the wrong attitude/character for a team, but it bothers me how often women throw the word 'rape' around. They should be held accountable if they turn out to be exaggerating, and they usually aren't. The Roethlesberger girl turned out to be bananas and a pathological liar, and nothing happened to her. I had my high school girlfriend tell me she was raped after cheating on me, it happens ALL the time..throwing 'rape' around all willy nilly.

I could be wrong, but this just keeps happening, because these girls keep seeing it happen on TV.

I am not really sure of the case, but according to the post you replied to it was Thomas who denied having sex with her. He is just pleading not guilty to rape.

because ignoring OL has been Shanny's forte, lol

come on guys, he's drafted Trent, brought in starting FAs, drafted OL depth, yet some think Shanny would just willfully neglect OL? Just because they aren't brought in one day doesn't mean they won't be, or haven't been. We signed an OL a week or two ago, though he didn't last but a couple days. The season may not be going well right now, but let's not act like the coaches are willfully ignoring positions, especially one where they've brought guys in every season so far.

Didn't Fabian Washington play pretty well for the Ravens?
At times...he actually may be a better option than Barnes right now.

---------- Post added November-3rd-2011 at 02:25 PM ----------

maybe in the off season they can do it for tv and call it Redskins Factor, who knows we might get another Herb Mulkey

I actually don't mind that, but I can already see Cowgirl fans talking about imitating their team, because they did that already. WR Jesse Holley came from some show they had.

Archived