Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday Tryouts - Scout.com - Redskins try out CB Fabian Washington, eight others

Champskins

Source: Redskins try out CB Fabian Washington, eight others

by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, November 2, 2011 at 12:55 am ET

Fabian Washington Profile

The Washington Redskins auditioned nine players, including former Baltimore Ravens cornerback Fabian Washington, according to a league source.

They also tried out former Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox, who's still facing a pending sexual assault charge in Colorado, and defensive backs Marcus Brown, Travon Bellamy and David Jones.

They also tried out tight ends Derek Schouman, Fendi Onobun and Daniel Hardy and quarterback R.J. Archer.

None of the players were immediately signed to a contract.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1123946&nid=5774795&fhn=1

Also, just an FYI... Brandyn Thompson, CB, cleared waivers and is signed back to our Practice Squad.

***Nothing to get crazy about here... we usually try out players on Tuesdays***

Where are the OL tryouts? That should be our #1 priority.

Your not gonna find OL off the streets that's better than what we have.

Playing on the O-line is like synchronized swimming every one has to develop together over time in order to play in sync with each other.

Signing a guy in the middle of the season to play O-line just wont work.

Our practice squad guys would be better than anyone we could sign.

we can't get a single O line for a tryout, but we can bring in every scrub with a pending criminal charge....

The QB, RJ or Rush James, hails from my Commonwealths powerouse of William and Mary....

".Rush James "R.J." Archer II (born August 5, 1987 in Charlottesville, Virginia) is an American football quarterback who is currently a member of the Georgia Force. He went undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft, but was signed by the Vikings as an undrafted free agent...." payloffs

What the hell? Do we really need a CB that sucks when we already have a couple? Really?

By the way you cannot just pick up someone to play on your offensive line. That takes synchronicity and work. We have to accept that we are dead there for now and hope the guy's we have in place improve and play better together.

You know what? There is no stellar talent out there just sitting around waiting to be called by the Redskins. Most are discarded players.

Cox might help. His legal troubles are still looming. When does he have to deal with that. But I will say one thing, those of us who have criticized the shoulder tackling and questionable play at CB aren't the only ones noticing it.

Cox might help. His legal troubles are still looming. When does he have to deal with that. But I will say one thing, those of us who have criticized the shoulder tackling and questionable play at CB aren't the only ones noticing it.

According to www.nfldraftscout.com:

08/28/11 -Cox is facing a sexual assault charge that is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 27.

CB Perrish Cox had an interception vs. Dallas on an overthrown slant. Cox is a good ballhawk but his roster status remains dubious with a sexual-assault case hanging over the second-year player's head."

The details of the allegations are even worse...

07/22/11 - CB Perrish Cox is facing a rape charge from an incident in September 2010, and the alleged victim believes she was drugged because she wasn't certain she had sex that night until she learned she was pregnant. The information in an affidavit was released after The Denver Post and The Associated Press went to court to argue for the right to see it. Cox, 24, was arrested Dec, 9 and is facing felony charges of assault on a helpless victim and sexual assault on a victim incapable of appraising her condition. He faces a minimum of two years in prison and a maximum of life if convicted. Cox plead not guilty in May and his trial is scheduled for October. In the affidavit, the woman told police she only had four or five drinks as she partied with three Broncos players the night of Sept. 5 and early Sept. 6, and later passed out at Cox's apartment, according to The Denver Post. According to the affidavit obtained by the Post, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and cornerback Cassius Vaughn were the other two players. The woman met Thomas at a nightclub, and Vaughn and Cox were roommates at the time. Thomas has denied having sex with the woman, and DNA evidence has matched Cox as the father.

I'll pass...don't want this guy in the same metropolitan area as my wife, sisters...and nieces.:mad:

---------- Post added November-2nd-2011 at 03:09 PM ----------

Am I the only one who wants them to tryout Leigh Bodden?

Count me in...couldn't hurt.

This has to be due to the play of Kevin Barnes. He has been horrendous in coverage. I watch him on 3rd downs getting abused by tight ends and 3 wides. I believe he has been one of the biggest weaknesses on defense to this point!

dont forget that Philip Buchanon has been injured and not on the field and Hall was slowed by an injury as well. But yes, Barnes is pretty terrible.... but most CB's dont have to be great if you're at least getting pressure from the front 7

This has to be due to the play of Kevin Barnes. He has been horrendous in coverage. I watch him on 3rd downs getting abused by tight ends and 3 wides. I believe he has been one of the biggest weaknesses on defense to this point!

Actually, Keim said he didn't have a bad game on Sunday, just an inconsistant one.

…Last week defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said cornerback Kevin Barnes played much better in the slot when he was up tight vs. when he was off. Not that Haslett needed my approval, but after watching Sunday, he’s absolutely right. When Barnes can get his arms onto a receiver he’s much more effective. He made a tackle for a loss because he was up tight. But he also prevented others because of his jams. The one time he was beaten? When he played off. In the second quarter he allowed a 22-yard completion against receiver Naaman Roosevelt – yes, the Naaman Roosevelt . Barnes lined up inside him and still got turned around and beaten inside. But put him up tight and it was a different story. That is, if he’s able to jam a receiver; saw a couple go free when he didn’t try to jam them. But on a second and 9 in the third quarter, Barnes completely jammed receiver David Nelson, holding him up for about five yards. What happened? Ryan Fitzpatrick was sacked. I did see Barnes get beat on one route in which he lined up a yard off the receiver but idd not jam him; the pass went elsewhere. But overall I anticipated seeing that Barnes played a bad game; that wasn’t the case. A slightly mixed one, but not a bad one. Still, in this defense the nickel corner must play more consistent.

The details of the allegations are even worse...

07/22/11 - CB Perrish Cox is facing a rape charge from an incident in September 2010, and the alleged victim believes she was drugged because she wasn't certain she had sex that night until she learned she was pregnant. The information in an affidavit was released after The Denver Post and The Associated Press went to court to argue for the right to see it. Cox, 24, was arrested Dec, 9 and is facing felony charges of assault on a helpless victim and sexual assault on a victim incapable of appraising her condition. He faces a minimum of two years in prison and a maximum of life if convicted. Cox plead not guilty in May and his trial is scheduled for October. In the affidavit, the woman told police she only had four or five drinks as she partied with three Broncos players the night of Sept. 5 and early Sept. 6, and later passed out at Cox's apartment, according to The Denver Post. According to the affidavit obtained by the Post, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and cornerback Cassius Vaughn were the other two players. The woman met Thomas at a nightclub, and Vaughn and Cox were roommates at the time. Thomas has denied having sex with the woman, and DNA evidence has matched Cox as the father.

I'll pass...don't want this guy in the same metropolitan area as my wife, sisters...and nieces.:mad:

So a girl parties and has sex with a professional athlete, says she doesn't remember and claims she was raped. ...never heard that one before..? Geez turns out a lot of pro athletes are rapists huh, go figure.

What's more likely? A handful of rich pro athletes are rapists...or women become very promiscuous around rich athletes then don't want to look like a slut afterwards so they call rape. "I only had 4 or 5 drinks, he must have drugged me." Give me a break.. sorry not buying it.

He's a dummy for denying having sex with her but he's not the first guy to do so when he's told me might have made a baby. So maybe he belongs on Maury Povich, and is the wrong attitude/character for a team, but it bothers me how often women throw the word 'rape' around. They should be held accountable if they turn out to be exaggerating, and they usually aren't. The Roethlesberger girl turned out to be bananas and a pathological liar, and nothing happened to her. I had my high school girlfriend tell me she was raped after cheating on me, it happens ALL the time..throwing 'rape' around all willy nilly.

I could be wrong, but this just keeps happening, because these girls keep seeing it happen on TV.

Archived