Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HogsHaven: A Look at All 9 Sacks by the Bills Against the Redskins

#98QBKiller

I think God tried to help this team. Gabbert fell right to us. But our great Shanny and his Ego passed up and settled with a Gross man. Its a shame. I wouldnt be suprised if Shanny and is Ego passed up on Andrew Luck because he feels he dont fit his weak system that he runs.

somehow I feel that if we had Gabbert right now you'd be blaming Shanny for being impulsive on an important position instead of exercising patience. In other words, from the tone of your posts, it sseems no matter what Shanny does it won't be good in your eyes.

I'm happier sucking with Grossman/Beck than screwing the franchise over for years by taking an impatient leap of faith on a shoddy QB prospect like Gabbert. Luck, Barkley, and Jones are a much better group of QB prospects than what was available this past draft (save for the big surprise Newton has become, as realizing his potential that quickly w/o an offseason and w/ a bad preseason seemed unlikely), and we'll have a shot at at least 1 of them because Shanny exercised patience this last draft, though some are mistaking a wise move for "arrogance."

:secret: so has Cam Newton and Andy Dalton.

rookies man?? peyton struggled? Some QBs develop later than others. Newton is doing things NO rookie has done. Cant expect things like that!!

---------- Post added November-1st-2011 at 01:11 PM ----------

Doesn't matter. Beck nor Grossman will be our QB next year, and we're not sniffing the playoffs this year. This year is about developing our younger talent.

what talent? kerrigan?

dude hes only played like 3-4 games I mean wow.

I know. Again, I just wasn't impressed with him in college and thought waiting to 2012 was better.

Just my two cents. I actually think fellow Mizzo player Chase Daniels will be a better NFL QB than Gabbert. I know, it sounds crazy but the Saints love him and think he would light it up if called on.

rookies man?? peyton struggled? Some QBs develop later than others. Newton is doing things NO rookie has done. Cant expect things like that!!

So what about Andy Dalton? Or Christian Ponder?

Gabbert wasn't the answer. The right answer was trading down, getting Kerrigan, and recouping our draft. With the way Gabbert's played, it was the right choice.

I have said plenty on the topic in the op so sorry if you didnt catch it from sunday to today. You "know" so much about football yet complain about checkdown throws on 3 yard routes on 2nd and 7. I could be wrong with my limited knowledge but a 3 yard pass with 1 or 2 yards yac puts you at a managable 3rd and short and a oppurunity to extend your drive and gain some offensive rythm. Beck instead takes the sacks and gives you 3rd and 12 plus which by your arguments I guess you think is a advantage for us. I get that you like Beck and some people fight on a topic just to be right but its odvious he is very bad right now. When your teamates dont think you can get it done its a problem as we have seen. I dont want to debate with you because quite frankly I have nothing to learn or gain from it. My only advice is dont preach propaganda when your uninformed on the topic because iy mKes your arguments look stupid. Mike already hinted in his presser that some of the sacks were on beck and he wont go further then that until hes back on the bench.

This is a much better side of you.Yes, I dont agree with a Qb throwing a two yrd pass on 3 and 7 as a good play,but to each is own.If you think we need to go into another season not drafting or adressing the oline then more power to again,but to say a QB will change this Oline into All Pros I disagree. My points are still valid,and will prove me correct in the future.Why? Because one day our Oline is going to have to play well,Silvaback will be back one day and the oline will play well.Are run game will pick up (hopefully MS will realize Helu is the way to go and mix it up with Torain).When this Happens Beck probably will look very good. Hell if it happens next week my point really will make sense.We will be 4-4 and fans will go back and contradict everything they are saying now today.Leaving me correct,calm,and satisfied.Time will tell but our Oline will play good one game and when we do I'll be waiting with a Big bag of I told you so to serve up.

somehow I feel that if we had Gabbert right now you'd be blaming Shanny for being impulsive on an important position instead of exercising patience. In other words, from the tone of your posts, it sseems no matter what Shanny does it won't be good in your eyes.

I'm happier sucking with Grossman/Beck than screwing the franchise over for years by taking an impatient leap of faith on a shoddy QB prospect like Gabbert. Luck, Barkley, and Jones are a much better group of QB prospects than what was available this past draft (save for the big surprise Newton has become, as realizing his potential that quickly w/o an offseason and w/ a bad preseason seemed unlikely), and we'll have a shot at at least 1 of them because Shanny exercised patience this last draft, though some are mistaking a wise move for "arrogance."

It would not suprise me if we pass up on a QB next year as well. Shanny will win at the end of the season and we will lose any chance at getting a top QB cause they will be gone by then. I bet barkley or Jones fall into our lap and he will say hes not our guy and draft defense. Dude drafted like no QBs or Olineman? You Must get help if you thought we didnt need those things

---------- Post added November-1st-2011 at 01:19 PM ----------

You guys wanna develop a team that can carry anybody at QB. Anyone can walk off the street and play on a miracle team that gives the QB 5 mins to throw. Keep dreaming.

No What we need is a n OLINE ! Look at the pics and just forget about the Horrible commentary. There are pics of Oline not 1,not 2, but 3 or 4 on there backs. Running backs not knowing who to block for, or where to block the blitz.Thats why I say this whole write is Garbage! It was written with bias. For example I bet The day our Oline goes out there and looks good we will see a victory,and Beck will look fine.Based off this write if the Oline plays better we should still suffer the same problems well we will see.

Either Know football or No football smh

I agree with you. Extremely biased writing. The blame for the sacks goes on the whole team on offense. The oline was garbage and were manhandled. Beck's inexperience contributed. The WRs not getting open for most of the game. Yes, there was a couple of times they did get open and Beck didn't see them, but for the most part they were well covered. The playcalling wasn't great. If you are getting that much pressure, I don't understand why more screens weren't called. We don't have a running game. This was a team collapse that should be spread out among everyone. To write that garbage to show it was all on Beck is ridiculous.

It would not suprise me if we pass up on a QB next year as well. Shanny will win at the end of the season and we will lose any chance at getting a top QB cause they will be gone by then. I bet barkley or Jones fall into our lap and he will say hes not our guy and draft defense. Dude drafted like no QBs or Olineman? You Must get help if you thought we didnt need those things

Did Shanny sleep with your wife or something? We had holes all over the place on the team last year. He decided to address the defense, WR, and RB, because after the first two rounds, there really weren't any good prospects left over to draft at OL or QB. You can't fix everything with one draft, and our biggest needs were what was addressed given who was available in the draft.

This year, he addresses QB and OL. Or have you forgotten who his very first pick with the Skins was? Someone by the name of Trent Williams.

HA ! The write is just garbage to me.LOL The writer CLEARLY has and fascination with Rex Grossman.I seen This before I looked at any of the pictures just by the guy first couple of comments. LOL Picture of are OLINEMEN getting Man handle,Knocked on their back, people missing assignments and he puts it all on JB.SMH yes,some of them do belong on JB,but pic of guys just getting flat out beat and punished is just flat out ridiculous to blame all of it on Beck. You can put Arron Rogers in those same pics and I bet the writer would change his tune to you see when this Oline is on his back along with the center and LT it's not on the qb blah blah.If anything out of the 9 sacks about 3 of them was JB fault the others is just flat out getting manhandled

You are right but it seems to me that there are too many people here to get all over Rex Grossman when he was running for his life and throwing INT's but when Beck is in there it is the same thing except he takes a sack instead of getting rid of it anywhere. I thought Beck was the more mobile of the two but Beck got sacked more than Rex. So if you are trying to defend Beck over Grossman. Don't because he isn't any better. If you are blaming the O-Line then I agree with you. Anyone playing Qb behind it is going to get destroyed.

Well if I have to explain it to you, then that would take all the fun out of watching you babble on and on. It's good entertainment.

Exactly. No evidence to support your gibberish.LOL you just felt a need to say somthing trying to help support a friend of need who was being dominated by my logical grip. It's cool next time I would suggest that if you are going to just yell out random false statements go all out and say something very ridiculous.F.Y.I you do know that all my statements are in writing don't you? It is very easy for someone to go back and read everything I've said or stated. Anyway it was very entertaining and comical at the same time. Please feel free to continue on I haven't laughed this hard since the very first time I first saw Something about mary. You my friend are quite amusing!

So what about Andy Dalton? Or Christian Ponder?

Gabbert wasn't the answer. The right answer was trading down, getting Kerrigan, and recouping our draft. With the way Gabbert's played, it was the right choice.

Look like their rookies are paying off for them while ours are doing much of nothing. what good is a bunch of draft picks if you cant scout well. Your system is horrible. It aint working. We chose grossman at QB? WE made no moves at OLINE? we have moss at #1 wr? our RBs? Torain? Tim hightower? your kidding me.. I would of looked at shanny like man is you sick?

I do blaim him for not gettin a QB. When he came here our offense was horrible. We hadnt had a Franchise QB EVER. He gets mcnabb? Joke. passes up on Gabbert for who? Rex Grossman. another joke. His first question should had been to adress the QB issue. He doesent name a starter. He will yank a QB In like any moment. No suprise though. He has a history of screwing up QB situations. Now he toying with beck and grossman. I would hate if Luck even did come here cause I think shanny would bench him and tear his career in half by yanking him if he struggles.

The 2010 draft didn't give us an opportunity for a QB. Bradford was taken #1, we didn't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick so we couldn't get Colt McCoy. And who knew if we would have even taken him. There weren't really any other QB's in this draft, it was a bad year for the position.

2011 we passed on Gabbert and Ponder at #10 to trade back which netted us a ton of picks and a Rookie of the Year candidate in Kerrigan. Remember, Ponder taken by the Vikings at #12 was a surprise to most people, so who knows if we thought he would drop to us at #16 or in round 2-if we even cared about him. Dalton and Kaepernick went back-to-back in round 2, which the 49ers even traded up to get CK. A lot of people in another thread talk about us not getting Mallet, but we had a few opportunities toward the end of the 2nd and early 3rd round, and passed him up. Obviously Allen-Shanahan didn't think he would fit our scheme.

Cassel's an above average QB. If you haven't noticed, the Chiefs have been pretty good these past two years.

Read what I wrote. "The OL is important, but you can be successful...if the QB is up to snuff." Where did I say we shouldn't draft OL? We'll do better with a solid QB than with a solid OL. The Rams were this close to the playoffs last year with a crappy OL and Bradford.

A good QB improves an average OL more than a good OL improves an average QB.

Fair enough my man

Beck sucks flat out and its been known since he was in miami. Players even think he sucks and the energy is gone.

And the players didn't think Rex sucked also? Sorry, if the players lost their energy and can't play at a higher level over a QB change, then they suck too. It's not like we benched the face of the franchise. Rex blows too, but at this point I don't care who starts.

I mean it's self explanatory. When people say stuff like "MS sucks" "KS plays sucks" "Are Oline is good it's the QB making them look bad" It's acutally me correct.Why? because Im not letting emotion get the best of me. Just read how people are on here contradicting themselves. One minute it's " Beck is so sorry thats why the Oline looks bad" then there next statement is " We cant Run cause we have no Line" smh.Do you rememember how people on es use to call Fred Davis a bum and a wasted Vinny pick.People use to actually think FD83 was sorry why? Emotion of losing that's why.Now look at the same people rave on how good he looks.What do you think that does to a logical person like myself? It pisses me off.Skins fans are so predictable now because of how emotional we are. Infact I just seen a fan tweet "Torain is so sorry we need CP26 back" Well do you now see my point. Calm and logical will always over power Emotional and delusional

I am not being emotional about this situation - Beck was the reason for some of those sacks - he doesnt recognize pressure and sits on his reads too long - LIKE CAMPBELL DID - The players dont have faith in him why do you?

Did Shanny sleep with your wife or something? We had holes all over the place on the team last year. He decided to address the defense, WR, and RB, because after the first two rounds, there really weren't any good prospects left over to draft at OL or QB. You can't fix everything with one draft, and our biggest needs were what was addressed given who was available in the draft.

This year, he addresses QB and OL. Or have you forgotten who his very first pick with the Skins was? Someone by the name of Trent Williams.

Ok adress the WRs by getting stallworth and gaffney is like not adressing it at all? Tim hightower? Really? another situation where you basically adressed NOTHING

It is very easy for someone to go back and read everything I've said or stated.

I wanted to read everything you posted, I really did, I'm sure that there was a lot of good stuff in there, it's just the fact that trying to read some of it gave me an earsplitting headache. My brain can only tolerate so many typos. :(

Oh, and Meet The Parents> There's Something About Mary;)

This is a much better side of you.Yes, I dont agree with a Qb throwing a two yrd pass on 3 and 7 as a good play,but to each is own.If you think we need to go into another season not drafting or adressing the oline then more power to again,but to say a QB will change this Oline into All Pros I disagree. My points are still valid,and will prove me correct in the future.Why? Because one day our Oline is going to have to play well,Silvaback will be back one day and the oline will play well.Are run game will pick up (hopefully MS will realize Helu is the way to go and mix it up with Torain).When this Happens Beck probably will look very good. Hell if it happens next week my point really will make sense.We will be 4-4 and fans will go back and contradict everything they are saying now today.Leaving me correct,calm,and satisfied.Time will tell but our Oline will play good one game and when we do I'll be waiting with a Big bag of I told you so to serve up.

Beck will look very good?!?!?!? SAYS WHO? what game has he looked good in? NONE!!!!!!!!!!

I wish we had Jay Cutler. He manages to win games with a porous o-line and really bad receivers.

Man, Chicago screwed us so badly. We would've had Cutler with Mike Shanahan. Chicago screwed us and Cutler. Cutler would have been with the coach that drafted him and everything would have been a great fit. I hate the Bears because of that.

Look like their rookies are paying off for them while ours are doing much of nothing. what good is a bunch of draft picks if you cant scout well. Your system is horrible. It aint working. We chose grossman at QB? WE made no moves at OLINE? we have moss at #1 wr? our RBs? Torain? Tim hightower? your kidding me.. I would of looked at shanny like man is you sick?

You're changing your argument. You wanted Gabbert, and are excusing his bad play because he's a rookie. Yet three QBs taken last year are having good years at QB, which invalidates your argument. So you decided to change your parameters to they're doing better than our picks (which is arguable) to try to validate yourself.

Yeah, Kerrigan isn't doing anything :rolleyes: Hankerson has shown flashes, as has Helu and Paul. Jenkins is hurt, but was arguably our best pick before that. Neild had a good game against the Giants. Drop the agenda against Shanahan, because it's clear you have one.

Archived