Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HogsHaven: A Look at All 9 Sacks by the Bills Against the Redskins

#98QBKiller

I think part of the problem in your analysis is how much of the problem is the receivers getting open. For example, in the first sack while Beck deserves some responsibility, the receivers not getting open also lead to that sack. Sack #2 is on Helu, since it looks like it was his job to pick up the blitzer. #3 is on the OL (since the pressure made throwing to Helu a difficult prospect.) #4 is on Beck, tho I think the reason why he doesn't throw to Davis is because he doesn't have a throwing lane. Course, what he should have done was move around the pocket so that he had one, rather than going on to his next progression. #5 is partially Beck and partially OL. Had he gone the other direction he might have been able to find Davis. As for #6, Paul may have been wide open, but that's hard to say because we can't really see what's behind him. I'll agree that's on Beck. #7 is a coverage sack. #8 is on Beck. #9 is coverage and line.

So, I have 3 sacks and two half sacks which are likely on Beck. That being said, Beck spent most of the game getting hit, and you can't really pass all of that onto Beck. While Beck has some issues (once he pulls it down, it doesn't look like he looks down the field again to complete passes), so does the OL, since just about everyone on that line screwed up at one point or another in that game.

its sad but I actually think we have a better shot with grossman. But we need to understand we have John Beck and Rex Grossman. Who are we kidding thinking we could win with well below average QBs they probably wouldnt even make a arena league team. Only way you can win with guys like gross is to be hitting on all 3 phases. Got to have a super good D, killer run game and special teams..and we dont have it like that. we are like the colts. We dont have a good enough team to support a poor QB...

What happened when Rex played behind this Oline,and with Torrain as the featured back? 4 picks and couldn't put up more than 20 yrds of offense it's the oline

I noticed while I was watching that Beck hesitated on so many throws. Its hard to see the downfield coverage on TV, one of the many drawbacks to the camera angles they give us, but in the gameday thread a number of people were claiming that Beck only had one second to throw. He had a whole bunch of open receivers quick and he locked on to people. I mean he really stares people down. He doesn't look off coverage, he doesn't scan the field, I can only assume his pre-snap reads are awful, and man he doesn't know how to deliver a ball quickly or move his feet slightly to avoid a sack.

What can you really do though? He's essentially a 30 year old rookie, its not his fault, its the fault of the people who put him out there and relied on him when they could likely see these problems every day.

No What we need is a n OLINE ! Look at the pics and just forget about the Horrible commentary. There are pics of Oline not 1,not 2, but 3 or 4 on there backs. Running backs not knowing who to block for or where to pic of the blitz.Thats why I say this whole write is Garbage! It was written with bias. For example I bet The day our Oline goes out there and looks good we will see a victory,and Beck will look fine.Based off this write if the Oline plays better we should still suffer the same problems well we will see.

Either Know football or No football smh

You cant win with beck or grossman dude there is a reason these guys been 2nd and 3rd stringers. unless we were a good team overall which we aint. Good QBs? dont allow the Oline to hurt him. These Qbs get rid of the ball in less than a sec. which in return makes defenses respect the pass in returns it opens up the run game.. Its amazing what big of a difference a QB can make on your team. Im sure carolina would agree with me.Its a QB drivin league.

Beck sucks flat out and its been known since he was in miami. Players even think he sucks and the energy is gone.

i wish you could elaborate but i know you cant. but thats hysterical if the players think he sucks.

---------- Post added November-1st-2011 at 11:15 AM ----------

I swear to God this is the SAME FREAKING ARGUMENT we all had about Campbell LOL. Why is it some people will defend a crappy QB forever?

because people love claiming its the oline instead of us just having a terrible QB. this fanbase is obsessed with olines because of the hogs back in the day, so when the oline doesnt meet that standard of "joe gibbs football", its all on the oline.

"the skins won with mediocre QBs back in the 80s!". i hear that phrase at least once a week from delusional fans.

I swear to God this is the SAME FREAKING ARGUMENT we all had about Campbell LOL. Why is it some people will defend a crappy QB forever?

I dunno maybe because after JC was gone the Oline still looks bad the QB still was getting sacked? Some people are so scorned they actually believe REX is the guy LOL

You cant win with beck or grossman dude there is a reason these guys been 2nd and 3rd stringers. unless we were a good team overall which we aint. Good QBs? dont allow the Oline to hurt him. These Qbs get rid of the ball in less than a sec. which in return makes defenses respect the pass in returns it opens up the run game.. Its amazing what big of a difference a QB can make on your team. Im sure carolina would agree with me.Its a QB drivin league.
So Based off what you say Sam Bradford must not be a good QB? smh not going to argue because just like the others I don't even like JB,but I calls it like I see it.This write up is garbage and is propaganda for scorned, hurt Skins fans

" bruh it feels like being in a boxing match and we have no arms" redskins player... Thats it for me. Beck no hope of winning one game. Rex may throw,picks but the guys feel like they have a shot and can overcome his issues as a team, they feel helpless with beck.

this is killing me -- will we see Rex again?? its kinda bad that i am begging for REX to play again

" bruh it feels like being in a boxing match and we have no arms" redskins player... Thats it for me. Beck no hope of winning one game. Rex may throw,picks but the guys feel like they have a shot and can overcome his issues as a team, they feel helpless with beck.

THis ^^^^^^^ is when you KNOW you have a craptastic QB. And I agree about Rex. Yeah, he throws a ton of interceptions, but he also puts points on the board.

Do you think Mike will put Rex back in after all this?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I saw while watching the game. The other thing you can do is you can look at how long Fitzpatrick had to throw versus how long Beck had. Beck had almost a full second longer or MORE. The Bills have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, but Fitz gets the ball out very quickly. Beck needs to be decisive.

HAIL!

---------- Post added November-1st-2011 at 11:21 AM ----------

It is sad that I watched this game and thought "If Beck could get rid of the ball as fast as Jason Campbell they would be in this game".

How pathetic!

LOL, I literally said the same thing. My brother in law was at my house and he's an Auburn grad, loved Campbell, so I have to give him a hard time about it every chance I get.

or how about we just havent had a good QB for like 25 years?

Yeah,but what are you gonna do about it? Do you think I'll take the advice about Qb play from ES? or a HOF qb Like Troy Aikman? Who even said " The(Skins) way they are blocking it doesn't matter who you put in there they are going to have the same results"

i wish you could elaborate but i know you cant. but thats hysterical if the players think he sucks.

---------- Post added November-1st-2011 at 11:15 AM ----------

because people love claiming its the oline instead of us just having a terrible QB. this fanbase is obsessed with olines because of the hogs back in the day, so when the oline doesnt meet that standard of "joe gibbs football", its all on the oline.

"the skins won with mediocre QBs back in the 80s!". i hear that phrase at least once a week from delusional fans.

The 80's? Wow football has changed so much then. Like I said you can win with a QB like grossman if you are hitting on all 3 phases. Thats the way we where in the 80's it wasnt just the Oline it was the entire team.

I dunno maybe because after JC was gone the Oline still looks bad the QB still was getting sacked? Some people are so scorned they actually believe REX is the guy LOL

Um, no. Rex isn't "THE" guy. He sucks. So does Beck. But guess what? Rex>Beck. Rex puts points on the board. Rex wins some games here and there. Beck is an embarrassment. Just sayin...

Beck was responsible for most of the sacks - although I think there's a couple in that analysis that you could pin the majority of the blame elsewhere - but he also took a number of hits. It's not too surprising that he started to anticipate pressure and make mistakes. In the limited time I've seen him he's never struck me as particularly confident on the field, so when things start to go badly it looks like with Beck they will just get worse.

This doesn't mean switching back to Rex will make much of a difference. Right now the QB choice reminds me of that old Woody Allen quote:

"More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction. Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly"

This is very true. I see it on here all the time.

I'm not downplaying the importance of a good OL either and I'm willing to give Beck the benefit of the doubt that he's missing the left side of his line, his starting RB and his top WR, but despite all of those things, he's obviously not a starting-caliber QB in the NFL but neither is Rex Grossman.

A good QB can still be good behind our starting OL (w/ Trent and Kory L). I think the main problem with our OL is depth not starters, however the main problem with our offense as a whole is ****ty QB play.

Yea it feels dead with Beck in there. He is Horrible.

LMAO 3rd and 7 and a guy WIDE OPEN 3 yards down the field is better than taking your 8th sack for a loss of 9 yards CMON MAN

the question though is where that guy 3 yards down the field is in the progression... cause if he isn't the first or second read then beck has no chance of checking down to him with the time he had... again, I'm no beck supporter, but those slides do nothing but support the odds beck was facing...

No What we need is a n OLINE ! Look at the pics and just forget about the Horrible commentary. There are pics of Oline not 1,not 2, but 3 or 4 on there backs. Running backs not knowing who to block for or where to pic of the blitz.Thats why I say this whole write is Garbage! It was written with bias. For example I bet The day our Oline goes out there and looks good we will see a victory,and Beck will look fine.Based off this write if the Oline plays better we should still suffer the same problems well we will see.

Either Know football or No football smh

Hmmm... Somehow I expected that beady-eyed gerbil to be a better writer.

Here's the perfect "is it the QB or the OL" argument. Well, maybe not perfect, but a damn good one. Look at the Colts. The exact same freaking offensive players as last year, save for the QB. If anything, an improved OL with Castonzo. Yet that offense is arguably worse than ours.

Yes, the OL is important, but you can be successful with a patchwork OL if the QB is up to snuff. You can't have a pathetic QB and be successful, even with the best OL in the NFL.

Archived