Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Snyder that big of an idiot...?

haider61

Getting that rich and being so naive seems inconceivable. Of course he has shown that he lacks in the football knowledge, but he can't seem that oblivious to the issue that is plaguing this team. A franchise quarterback. From watching the whole league, it must frustrate him so bad to see that we lack a signal caller that can represent the franchise. Year after year, we band-aid our roster with with the notion that a "coach can take us there" or a "couple free agents away". This has plagued the Danny for over 10 years. But has he finally understood there is more than just that?

Shanahan's job is safe. The reason for this is because I believe the whole organization, from top down, to even the players, understand, that a franchise qb must be found, and only that will come through the draft.

Do you guys think the Snyder is that competent to understand that we have to suck to have any chance in obtaining a franchise qb in next years draft???

I would like to say this is a well thought out thread, but it feels much like Snyder's first five years of ownership. It grasps and claws yet can't seem to make much of anything and could have accomplished the same result with much less effort. Hate to be brutally honest, there you have it.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2011/10/31/cooley-wants-frustrated-fans-to-relax/

Cooley, who is on season-ending injured reserve, watched the game yesterday and though he was frustrated with the performance of the offense, he does not believe it is time to change players or the staff.

“Our fan base hates our owner because he can’t ever keep a coach, he’ll never keep players, he’ll never keep guys around, he changes it and it’s like a fantasy football team to him. But then everyone calls in and says we gotta get rid of Kyle Shanahan, we gotta get rid of Mike Shanahan, we gotta trade Chris Cooley. I hate it, what we’ve got to do is keep consistency over a period of time and continue to try to build.”

Do you guys think the Snyder is that competent to understand that we have to suck to have any chance in obtaining a franchise qb in next years draft???

If things are run the right way (as i would assume that it is at this point), then it shouldn't matter what Snyder thinks about personel, including QB. This is the job of Shanny, Bruce, and the scouts.

Snyder wants a QB just as bad as the rest of us. The problem is, when your millionaire SB-winning coach tells the world how talented the 30 year old backup that no other team wants is, you kind of have to believe there is an ounce of truth in there. I think we all had a small part of us believe that JB could be somewhat serviceable.

Let's see how patient Dannyboy remains now that we've seen who Beck really is.

You can't say we haven't tried for that qb except for this year. Last year, we traded for a possible hofer, before that we used a first on Ramsey and Campbell. They didn't pan out. How many qbs have we brought in?

I still like what we did in last year's draft. I also think that no qb would do well with the current o-line. Not Tom Brady, not Joe Montana, not John Elway, not Cam Newton, and not even the greatest player in NFL History Andrew Luck.

Snyder wants a QB just as bad as the rest of us. The problem is, when your millionaire SB-winning coach tells the world how talented the 30 year old backup that no other team wants is, you kind of have to believe there is an ounce of truth in there. I think we all had a small part of us believe that JB could be somewhat serviceable.

Let's see how patient Dannyboy remains now that we've seen who Beck really is.

I still can't believe he told us numerous times this past off-season how he staked his reputation on our QB situation.

Mike, seriously, if your gona' have disconnect between your brain and mouth to such an extent; send someone else out to talk to the press.

Hail.

I never really agreed with the philosophy that you have to suck to get a good QB. In fact, it is the teams that suck that tend to be the worst places for some of these guys. It is all about finding the right guy for your system, which isn't always about the 'best' QB. Hell, the Redskins have won Super Bowls with guys who weren't the greatest QBs in the world.

Personally, I think too many fans look at the QB position as a "savior" position, when really it is the entire team that contributes to wins. Looking at the team on Sunday, it is hard sit there and say that if we had a different QB that the results would have been much different. The line sucked, the receivers couldn't get open, and we couldn't run the ball.

In any case, whether or not we "suck" isn't up to Dan Snyder at this point. It is up to the coach, who's job is to win as many games as possible.

I still can't believe he told us numerous times this past off-season how he staked his reputation on our QB situation.

Mike, seriously, if your gona' have disconnect between your brain and mouth to such an extent; send someone else out to talk to the press.

Hail.

Now this thread is going to gain traction. hahaha good one GHH. The better question is Mike Shanahan that big of an idiot? I think the guy can coach, and coach well. But this is three QB's that he has backed that have failed to impress. Now I do think some of his remarks concerning the team around them hold weight, it was his choice to make the statement you quoted above. Does the guy have a gambling problem?

+10 to the OP

I'm also a new poster here.

What I want to know is why we couldnt fix every single problem in one and a half drafts?

It sure seems sensible to me. We need a QB, so we should have one. Everyone else who needs a QB has one.

They're right there on the tree, waiting to be picked. But Dan Snyder's not smart enough to know that.

Thing is, if we had taken a QB, I'd be asking if Snyder was so dumb to not know we need a left tackle, or a pass rusher.

But at the moment, I'm pretty sure that is the answer to all of our problems, and I don't even consider what may be happening to a QB that either the coach didn't want, or would be running for his life now behind a patchwork line that would not be getting a guy like Trent Williams back in a wek or two. (He'd be playing for someone else. Stephon Heyer might be our starting left tackle.)

I'm impatient, and I think i have all the answers. What I obviously don't realize is how many questions there were that required answers. I just think that the one i can see from my TV is the one that would have changed everything.

Happily keeping the small picture firmly ensconced in my tunnel vision,

~Bang

You don't have to "suck" to obtain a franchise QB. The QB class next year is deep with talent and we will get our guy. Sure this year will have it's Todd Blackledges & Ken O'Brien's, but it could also have a Marino and a Jim Kelly too. ( Sorry had '83 draft flashback :doh:)

If only the Packers had taken Jason Campbell with that 24th pick....Aaron Rodgers with the 25th pick would have been ours. :cloud9:

One element that is grossly underestimated or not even mentioned at all around here is a team's ability to rally behind a QB that it believes in. Anyone else notice a general malaise infecting the entire team on the field over the last 2 weeks? Offense, Defense, and Special Teams had it. You can see it and feel it; NOBODY believes they are going to win with John Beck. They believed in Grossman for a short while, at least some of them did. But once Bad Rex came back, and John Beck became our starter, the entire life was sucked out of the team.

So while I understand the "we have too many holes to fix in one year argument", having a legitimate quarterback with strong leadership skills would make many of those holes disappear without any other personnel changes. And I'm not saying that that guy was necessarily available in the draft last year, but he has certainly been availble countless times over the last 20 years, and somehow we still haven't been able to find him. That is unexcusable, and it frustrates me to the core.

How many times did we hear Aikman say that it didnt matter who was playing QB that there just wasnt anywhere to throw the ball? The WRs couldnt get separation and the line couldnt protect. Is Beck totally free of blame? Of Course not but I think we are on the right track as long as we show patients. Beck may or may not be the answer but only time will tell.

If the owner ever starts listening to the fans then thats when we are in trouble. That was his problem his first 10 years here... he was nothing be a rich fan and had no idea how to make sound decisions. He's finally showing signs of over coming that and many fans want to complain.... Just shows that those fans have about the same understanding of football as he did 10 years ago.

+10 to the OP

What I want to know is why we couldnt fix every single problem in one and a half drafts?

It sure seems sensible to me. We need a QB, so we should have one. Everyone else who needs a QB has one.

They're right there on the tree, waiting to be picked. But Dan Snyder's not smart enough to know that.

:thumbsup: Thank you. Reading that OP frustrated me to no end, and you nailed it.

If the owner ever starts listening to the fans then thats when we are in trouble. That was his problem his first 10 years here... he was nothing be a rich fan and had no idea how to make sound decisions. He's finally showing signs of over coming that and many fans want to complain.... Just shows that those fans have about the same understanding of football as he did 10 years ago.

Personally, the "signs of overcoming that" started when he hired Gibbs. He's made some mistakes along the line, but since then everything has been heading in the right direction.

+10 to the OP

Thing is, if we had taken a QB, I'd be asking if Snyder was so dumb to not know we need a left tackle, or a pass rusher.

But at the moment, I'm pretty sure that is the answer to all of our problems, and I don't even consider what may be happening to a QB that either the coach didn't want, or would be running for his life now behind a patchwork line that would not be getting a guy like Trent Williams back in a wek or two. (He'd be playing for someone else. Stephon Heyer might be our starting left tackle.)

I'm impatient, and I think i have all the answers. What I obviously don't realize is how many questions there were that required answers. I just think that the one i can see from my TV is the one that would have changed everything.

Happily keeping the small picture firmly ensconced in my tunnel vision,

~Bang

And my mancrush on Bang continues.

I love it.Every word.

I don't see any reason why this isn't a thread I should close and NNT the OP. So I will. There's nothing new here that couldn't go into any of a number of existing threads as our rules state (do a search). The opening post is empty-headed and vapid. There's just nothing here but the kind of ongoing flatulence that is leading us (or at least me and TK from our conservation yesterday) to consider just a massive culling (banning) of all things (members) making what are simply stupid (to be blunt) posts/threads. I sure hope I see some other numbnuts cry "censorship" because of the title. Please, do it. Please. :)

I am only slightly less bothered by the fact a few people need to post in apparently just any thread, no matter how ridiculous, so desperately (and here I'm talking about those treating a thread like this "seriously"---tossing barbs in any form would be quite acceptable) that they end up actually helping to float nonsense like this and in essence, support it. Get a clue, people.

Threads like this make me leave my computer after three minutes of being here. Any time spent here longer, reading stupidity like this, tempts me to just start tossing the mouth breathers off the cliff.

Archived