Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese Twitter: Updates on Moss, Fletcher, Hightower, and Grossman ***UPDATE Hightower Torn ACL Post #93***

Redskinzfan30

theres plenty of time for Hank to prove us wrong, and I certainly hope he gets more chances this year, but between the preseason and his one play today, the dude's head isn't in it, same as it was half the time at Miami. If the guy played to his talent level at Miami, he would have been a top 15 pick. I watched a lot of him in college, and because of his inconsistency, no one was really afraid of him. In fact, most of the time opposing teams wouldn't double team him, instead, forcing him to beat them.

Sure perhaps he should spend more time on twitter or tweeting about who wants next to be owned in Madden by him. Dude has no real desire. I would be in my playbook 24/7 until I knew it better then the coaches themselves but hell thats just me who loves the game. Im not getting paid millions to be inactive and play madden all night.

beck was meh until junk time. and he still had two turnovers which is unacceptable.

only thing beck needs to be here for is a backup role to whatever rookie we draft next season.

I was quoting a post that asked if 3-13 was good enough to get a "decent" qb.

I think "meh" and "decent" are close enough.

As for drafting a QB, I'll wait and see how Beck looks the rest of the season. You may very well be right, but having a nice backup QB is a good worst case scenario.

As for drafting a QB, I'll wait and see how Beck looks the rest of the season. You may very well be right, but having a nice backup QB is a good worst case scenario.

beck is not a starter, so please lets put that pipe dream to rest. he throws a wobbly ball, isnt that accurate, has a less than average arm, and is no more than a mobile backup.

we need to draft a starting QB. at this point its a MUST draft. all this "we cant just take a QB cause we need one" has got to stop. if these coaches are good coaches they should be able to mold someone into something solid. waiting for that perfect QB is a pipedream unless we're trading 2 full drafts for luck, and i doubt thats happening.

beck is not a starter, so please lets put that pipe dream to rest. he throws a wobbly ball, isnt that accurate, has a less than average arm, and is no more than a mobile backup.

we need to draft a starting QB. at this point its a MUST draft. all this "we cant just take a QB cause we need one" has got to stop. if these coaches are good coaches they should be able to mold someone into something solid. waiting for that perfect QB is a pipedream unless we're trading 2 full drafts for luck, and i doubt thats happening.

Id do it. Id trade two drafts for Luck because he is THAT good and we need a QB desperately.

Let's just say hypothetically, we finish at 6-10, end up with say, the 10th pick. Miami with the 1st. Colts 2nd. KC 3rd. All want Luck. What, if even possible (not sure it is), would it take to get that pick from Miami.

Personally, I don't think it's even possible.

Let's just say hypothetically, we finish at 6-10, end up with say, the 10th pick. Miami with the 1st. Colts 2nd. KC 3rd. All want Luck. What, if even possible (not sure it is), would it take to get that pick from Miami.

Personally, I don't think it's even possible.

if there was ever a time to dan snyder to flex his stupid muscles and outbid and over power every team in the NFL, it is in the 2012 draft.

and i fully endorse whatever he wants to do.

ryanohalloran Ryan O'Halloran

Quickees from #Redskins locker room.

1. Moss confirms broken left hand. Shanny basically said out at least next week.

2. Hightower didn't feel/hear pop in left knee and said he wasn't told that ACL or MCL was torn. But had brace on and needed crutches.

3. Had Beck gone down, Rex would have come out from locker room. Emergency QB was Terrence Austin.

4. Defensive players admitted "frustration" with some of Carolina's running plays that required them to be disciplined.

5. Landry: "You aren't executing well, giving up yards and coming out with losses, it's terrible."

All of this talk about " maybe drafting " qb next year is retarded. WE are ABSOLUTELY drafting a qb next season no ifs,ands,or buts about it. I hope people stop daydreaming about Beck being the franchise Guy when in he fact he's a step on the ladder till April.

We're still gonna need some talent around Luck or any QB we draft. I fear that if we end up trading away a ransom for Luck, we won't be able to build a team around him to be successful(see the Rams so far). Only we'd be even worse off with so few draft picks.

All of this talk about " maybe drafting " qb next year is retarded. WE are ABSOLUTELY drafting a qb next season no ifs,ands,or buts about it. I hope people stop daydreaming about Beck being the franchise Guy when in he fact he's a step on the ladder till April.

since youre one of our inside dudes, i fully intend for you to be pushing us to get the future QB for this team.

if we dont, im holding you personally responsible! haha

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 05:21 PM ----------

We're still gonna need some talent around Luck or any QB we draft. I fear that if we end up trading away a ransom for Luck, we won't be able to build a team around him to be successful(see the Rams so far). Only we'd be even worse off with so few draft picks.

100% positive our biggest FA acquisition will be Dwayne Bowe or Vincent Jackson.

The draft isn't tommorrow, and a rookie QB most likely would be better served by spending some time on the bench and learning. I think Beck can play well enough for a couple of years, that's all.

I wouldn't call that a franchise QB, but everyone else is.

Russellmania980 Chris Russell

Beck said about the 4th down failure early in 2nd half, "there was some confusion on the personnel" They got up late to line, late shift.

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

Jabar Gaffney on his fumble: "I was trying to make something happen. I should've just got down. It cost us three points." #Redskins

theres plenty of time for Hank to prove us wrong, and I certainly hope he gets more chances this year, but between the preseason and his one play today, the dude's head isn't in it, same as it was half the time at Miami. If the guy played to his talent level at Miami, he would have been a top 15 pick. I watched a lot of him in college, and because of his inconsistency, no one was really afraid of him. In fact, most of the time opposing teams wouldn't double team him, instead, forcing him to beat them.

There's absolutely time for him to prove himself. But he has consistently proven that he doesn't deserve to be on the field thus far. I want him, like any of our players, to succeed as much as possible and I think he's got a lot of talent. I don't feel like I'm ****ing about it as much as I'm just stating facts. Hankerson showed in all the public practices and preseason games that the only thing he does consistently is drop the ball and run the wrong routes. He got an opportunity today due to other guys being injured and he blew it. The game was all but over but we technically still had a chance when he just sprinted downfield.

It's always unfortunate when you feel like a higher draft pick isn't producing, but at the same time I think we all need to feel pretty good about the production from Niles Paul. We've been dying for a big receiver for a long time - especially one that we drafted. Paul has been active for every game and has seen an increase in time due to his exceptional blocking. Today he was given the opportunity on a couple of passes and he didn't disappoint. He caught two balls - both for first downs - and one was simply a great catch and effort to get both feet down. I couldn't be more excited to see what Paul can do going forward because Beck does not shy away from throwing to the younger guys and with Moss being hurt, Paul is going to continue to be on the field. One of the best things about Paul is he is an every down receiver. If he continues to catch the ball like today, his blocking ability in the run game means he's a huge asset in the running and passing game.

Not sure how this is up for debate. After Locker was taken this plan was set in stone.

The draft isn't tommorrow, and a rookie QB most likely would be better served by spending some time on the bench and learning. I think Beck can play well enough for a couple of years, that's all.

I wouldn't call that a franchise QB, but everyone else is.

I don't know. Look at Newton, Ponder, Dalton. They're not stinking it up.

Shanahan has no choice but to draft a QB next year. By passing twice on the position, he's kinda backed into a corner. Unless, of course, he goes with another retread. Not unrealistic.

Beck's performance is immaterial to that decision. His age puts an expiration date on his abilities. You need to have someone in the queue.

Archived