Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese Twitter: Updates on Moss, Fletcher, Hightower, and Grossman ***UPDATE Hightower Torn ACL Post #93***

Redskinzfan30

RickMaese Rick Maese

Shanahan says Moss broke bone in left hand #redskinswp

RickMaese Rick Maese

That broken bone means Santana Moss will be unavailable next week and maybe longer #redskinswp

RickMaese Rick Maese

Shanahan says Hightower (knee) and Fletcher (hamstring) need further evaluation #redskinswp

RickMaese Rick Maese

Shanahan says Grossman has pneumonia #redskinswp

http://twitter.com/#!/RickMaese

***UPDATE***

ESPN 980 is reporting that Hightower is out for the year, ACL.

Play Paul, Hankerson, and Austin next week. Time to see what the kids can do. I'm tired of Gaffney dropping passes.

I've seen enough of Hankerson that he can sit his ass on the bench for the rest of the year. Only reason he was active today was because of injuries and what does he do? Runs the wrong route and Beck is intercepted. Shanahan preaches and openly tells people they must take advantage of opportunities. Hankerson put the final nail in the coffin to make sure we had no chance of coming back today.

Niles Paul on the other hand is going to be a damn good receiver. He's by far and away the best blocking receiver we have or have had in a long, long time. Today he showed he's got some great hands as well. I'm excited to see what he can do going forward because Beck obviously is not hesitant to throw it to the young guys.

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

Mike Shanahan when asked if John Beck is his starter next week: "Are you joking?" Then he said "next." #Redskins

Im not sure what this means? I assume it means yes, but who knows?

In other news, this team is hurting. On the plus side, it pretty much forces us to play the young guys

Rich_Campbell Rich Campbell

TIM Hightower says he does not believe he tore his ACL. MRI tomorrow to find out for sure. #Redskins

RickMaese Rick Maese

Hightower on crutches in locker room. Says X-rays negative. He's hopeful he'll be back #redskinswp

Russellmania980 Chris Russell

Hightower says he recovers quick and he'll be back soon. Santana doesn't know how broken hand happened

I've seen enough of Hankerson that he can sit his ass on the bench for the rest of the year. Only reason he was active today was because of injuries and what does he do? Runs the wrong route and Beck is intercepted. Shanahan preaches and openly tells people they must take advantage of opportunities. Hankerson put the final nail in the coffin to make sure we had no chance of coming back today.

Niles Paul on the other hand is going to be a damn good receiver. He's by far and away the best blocking receiver we have or have had in a long, long time. Today he showed he's got some great hands as well. I'm excited to see what he can do going forward because Beck obviously is not hesitant to throw it to the young guys.

theres plenty of time for Hank to prove us wrong, and I certainly hope he gets more chances this year, but between the preseason and his one play today, the dude's head isn't in it, same as it was half the time at Miami. If the guy played to his talent level at Miami, he would have been a top 15 pick. I watched a lot of him in college, and because of his inconsistency, no one was really afraid of him. In fact, most of the time opposing teams wouldn't double team him, instead, forcing him to beat them.

Is 3-13 a good enough record to draft a decent quarterback?

Absolutely. But, not bad enough for Luck, and we won't finish 3-13. This team will muster out a couple of garbage wins, enough to finish around 5-11, 6-10, putting us in position to draft the 3rd qb taken, maybe 4th. (assuming colts, dolphins, and chiefs all take qbs). We suck at losing well lol

Archived