Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese Twitter: Updates on Moss, Fletcher, Hightower, and Grossman ***UPDATE Hightower Torn ACL Post #93***

Redskinzfan30

Ha. The Hank will "step up" and run fly patterns when he was supposed to run deep posts. Oh. And then drop passes. The guy was a waste of a 3rrd round pick. We had a great draft otherwise. I don't blame anyone, he just is not very good. Trade him for Brunell, we need a back up QB.

Ha. The Hank will "step up" and run fly patterns when he was supposed to run deep posts. Oh. And then drop passes. The guy was a waste of a 3rrd round pick. We had a great draft otherwise. I don't blame anyone, he just is not very good. Trade him for Brunell, we need a back up QB.

I seriously hope you're kidding when you say trade him for Brunell. I think he still has a bright future ahead and wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd.

OMG, that's retarded. Hankerson may or may not have a bright future--we don't really know because he's had almost no time to prove anything. So, the logical thing to do is trade him away for someone that's most likely going to retire soon? No insult meant, but that's retarded.

• 5 months later...
Why was this thread bumped.

It certainly didn't deserve it's own thread was probably why.

---------- Post added April-17th-2012 at 10:51 AM ----------

any news on talks with Hightower? With #59 signed up, I'm assuming he is a priority, or is that wrong? I would assume Helu and the Penn St. kid (can't remember his name lol) need some veteran presence.

His name's Evan Royster. I have heard nothing new on Hightower personally.

---------- Post added April-17th-2012 at 10:51 AM ----------

any news on talks with Hightower? With #59 signed up, I'm assuming he is a priority, or is that wrong? I would assume Helu and the Penn St. kid (can't remember his name lol) need some veteran presence.

His name's Evan Royster. I have heard nothing new on Hightower personally.

My guess is that Shanahan is keeping his options open in the draft and waiting to hear how well Hightower's rehab is progressing.

If a RB Shanny likes falls in the draft, Shanny might grab him.

I don't think Shanahan will resign Hightower until Hightower shows he's completely recovered.

My guess is that Shanahan is keeping his options open in the draft and waiting to hear how well Hightower's rehab is progressing.

If a RB Shanny likes falls in the draft, Shanny might grab him.

I don't think Shanahan will resign Hightower until Hightower shows he's completely recovered.

so you think its almost a race to the draft? as in if Tim is not ready by the draft, he probably does not come back?? I wonder ... we won't draft a RB and keep Tim right?

so you think its almost a race to the draft? as in if Tim is not ready by the draft, he probably does not come back?? I wonder ... we won't draft a RB and keep Tim right?

If anything it's a one man race, that being Hightower racing to prove he's completely healed up from the injury.

The one who has the most to lose with this is Hightower, who has to prove he's sufficiently recovered from his injury to perform. Shanahan has the luxury at this point prior to the draft to wait on resigning him and see what happens in the draft.

If a RB Shanahan likes happens to fall and Shanahan thinks it presents a good value, he may opt to draft another RB. If that doesn't happen, he can wait a bit longer until Hightower recovers fully.

If anything it's a one man race, that being Hightower racing to prove he's completely healed up from the injury.

The one who has the most to lose with this is Hightower, who has to prove he's sufficiently recovered from his injury to perform.

Yeah, this is a player's nightmare come true when you sign a 1 year contract.

Never seen a runningback change his style so much from preseason to the regular season as Hightower. In preseason he was all about exploiting the cutback for huge gains. Regular season rolls around and he follows his blocker on every run, ignoring gigantic holes on the backside.

Immediately after the trade, Arizona fans warned us about his Taylor Jacobs-like ability to dominate the practice field but show nothing on game day. Hopefully Mike wont get fooled by the same trick twice.

just search to make sure the topic has not already been posted within a reasonable amount of time and that the topic is indeed threadworthy.

Tyranny. Or too complicated. Maybe both. I don't know. Think I'm gonna spazz out on you.

Archived