Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things learned in this game.... Complaint and bitching litany

Burgold

We are who we are! And, that is a team lacking talent, passion, and pride. A number of players have been playing flat in the past 3-4 games.

Our coaching staff is a huge disappointment. No game planning, and half-time adjustments.

Overall frustrated with the D, shut out Eagles high powered offense in second half, control Carolina O in first half. 2 bad halves of football created losses.. We are never gonna win games here with O, but Beck looked pretty good IMO. He simple made plays that Grossman cannot.

I'm really sorry for this, but...

WHY do people keep saying we play down to the level of our opponents? WHY? How many times do we have to be kicked in the mouth for you people to see that we aren't playing down at all, we just aren't that good.

The Panthers have a better o-line, a MUCH better undersized number 1 WR, a better QB, a better secondary... How in the hell are we playing down? lol

To me, it doesn't matter if you have the best guys in the NFL, if you don't win, you're not a good team. The Panthers had 1 win entering today, we had 3. It does not matter who we beat for our 3 wins, we still won. It doesn't matter how close the Panthers got in their losses, they still lost.

We should have won today and our record BEFORE the game indicated that. However, our play on the field showed that we weren't, so your point has some validity.

But I still stand by my point, we've played better much more of this season as opposed to Carolina, but unfortunately, today we played down to their level and ultimately lost the game. We were better than what sloppy mess showed up on the field today. Hopefully next week things play out in a different manner.

Gano is our best offensive weapon.

Man is that depressing. :doh: There were opportunities in this game for the Skins to make plays and they just couldn't. I agree completely that the Gaffney drop and then catch and fumble on the very next play turned this game completely in the Panthers favor. The Panthers saw the opportunity to go for the kill and seized it. However, the defense was a step behind from the start and couldn't get to Newton on the first drive and if not that stop at the goaline, it would have been 7-0 early. IMO, this team peaked early at 2-0 and now the injuries are piling up and this team just have the depth to be competitive with the teams remaining on the schedule.

Gano is our best offensive weapon.

He has the most range, offensively, but Beck seems to be our best weapon right now. He is extending plays, making some really nice throws, leading receivers very well and can run for a TD even if a bad play is called or no one is open.

He has the most range, offensively, but Beck seems to be our best weapon right now. He is extending plays, making some really nice throws, leading receivers very well and can run for a TD even if a bad play is called or no one is open.

Gano puts up more points and has proven to be our most consistent threat on offense. Beck has played one game.

Nah, I think we are. Look at the Eagle's two amazing volleyball bobble and catches (not one but two) Look at five fumbled snaps against Dallas without getting a turnover or even any lost yardage. Look at some of the insane catches this week. More, look at that fumble with three Redskins there and the ball magically goes to the Carolina guy who gets there late.

There's something going on. We need to burn incence, buy horshoes, rabbits feet, comb the grounds for clovers... SOMETHING!

Believe me I have thought about it. Native American's pissed we would not change our name? Casting spells, burning incense against us? I mean I have never seen such bad luck in my life. It was almost like the first three games we were being teased into believing we had a different team, and that things would somehow be better this year. How do these players drop passes right in their hands? Gaffney killed us. Why do fumbles go the other way? How does our supposed "dominating" D crumble like a cheap tent in a small gust today? I have no more answers. And a guy named "Luck" being drafted ain't going to change it.

One reason our D tanked, (and it's the similar reason imo, that our O is stuck in neutral) is that were playing 2nd and 3rd stringers all over the field, on both sides of the ball.. When the year started, we had a "decent" core of starters.. That has all gone up in smoke.. Were hurt, bad, and it's not gonna get any better this year. Just have to roll with the punches and wait it out..

The one thing that's getting on my nerves is we still continue to act the fool after a score, or big play, when the games already lost.. At the very least Shanny could/should put a stop to that nonsense.. (Players) Act like you know the score and the situation at hand for gods sake.. It makes the whole franchise look like simpletons when we start dancing in the endzone while down 20 points..

Folks, at the risk of stating the insanely obvious, the key take away 6 games into our season (heck the key takeaway for the last decade) is that the Redskins need to do everything they can to secure their future franchise QB.

In other words, whether its Beck or Grossman, these are very temporary solutions. We need to get Andrew Luck.

Why do our receivers drop passes so often, but our opponent are all friggin' Spider-Man?

I've been wondering this myself. Fred Davis had a pass hit him square on his hands & he just. Drops it. How? Is the ball coming at these guys at lightning speed & they're not expecting the speed of it? Does the OC teach the QBs to vaseline the ball before throwing it to make it more challenging? I just don't get it. Watching the Saints game, I would watch Breese throw a pass & think, "Yep. The Redskins WRs would have dropped that one too."

Kdawg seemingly was correct and I was quick to judgement on Haslett. This D has completely and utterly disappeared. It didn't show up in the first half last week and without question folded in the second half this week.

Seems like the DL is still getting some pressure, which is good, but beyond that...they can't cover-DHall seems to always be 2-3 steps behind whatever WR he's covering, even if it's a slow RB, but always has something to say when he makes his 1 good play of the game. (Shut up Hall. You are making a fool of yourself!)

They seem to have lost their ability to play the ball & when it actually squirts out, they are caught by surprise & can't recover it. When the ball hits them in the hands, they can't catch it. When they do, the offense gives the ball right back to the other team & instead of walking away with points, they are walking away shaking their heads & looking at each other like, "Was that yours or mine?"

A lot of missed tackles, too. Just a lot of missed opportunities all around.

The problem is not our defense. Today we gave up alot of points to Carolina but Carolina has scored alot of points all season. They scored 27 against New Orleans, and 29 against Chicago and 23 against Green Bay. So if some of you think we should've shut them down you haven't been watching the Panthers offense.

The problem is the Shanahans and our offense. Its always been that, and always will be that.

Not really today. Today was on the defense. The defense was terrible. Carolina imposed their will on the defense. They were manhandled. How did our defense respond after our offense went on a great drive and got a TD to make the score 16-13? They responded by letting the Panthers march right down the field and scoring a TD.

Believe me I have thought about it. Native American's pissed we would not change our name? Casting spells, burning incense against us? I mean I have never seen such bad luck in my life. It was almost like the first three games we were being teased into believing we had a different team, and that things would somehow be better this year. How do these players drop passes right in their hands? Gaffney killed us. Why do fumbles go the other way? How does our supposed "dominating" D crumble like a cheap tent in a small gust today? I have no more answers. And a guy named "Luck" being drafted ain't going to change it.

Apparently, you've never heard of the Chicago Cubs...

;)

Offensive line....we need to improve it. How long have we ignored it? Too long. Fix it.

We need a shutdown corner. I like Wilson but he can't lock down consistently. Hall is erratic as hell and overrated frankly. Reed Doughty is not a starting safety in this league. He just isn't.

We NEED a playmaker on offense, as a few have mentioned. Moss is not a playmaker anymore. He isn't even a #1 WR. Fred Davis is the closest thing we have to that...and that is sad.

Gaffney's fumble was the play of the game. Inexcusable. His drop was pretty bad too.

Really this game showed how far we are from contending. We should be thinking about drafting a good QB and building the OL around him, then getting some WRs, CBs, and a sick MLB because sadly Fletcher will be done soon. Just ugh...so much work to do. 2015 is what I'm thinking,

I knew the Redskins were in trouble last week. A week I like to refer to as "black Sunday". This is the Sunday each year in which I realize the Redskins have no shot at being good. This year was the Eagles game. If the Redskins at 3-1, had a bye week to prepare for a divisional opponent at home and were getting blown out at the half. Last week was the contenders/pretenders test. This week I would love to know who game planned for the defense... My ten year old son could have told you that the only two Panthers that could beat you were Steve Smith and Cam Newton, and yet it was someones genius idea to single cover Steve Smith all game. Whoever game planned for Carolina should be fired immediately. I hate Bill Bilichick with a passion, but the one thing you have to give him credit for is figuring out what a team likes to do and take away their first option. Very rarely does a teams' first option go crazy against the Patriots, hence they generally win the games they are supposed to.

It is not easy being a Tar Heel football fan. Lol. It's pretty much the same as being a skins fan. Did you see that ass whooping yesterday? Oh, and the Heels can't cover anyone either

we play football in chapel hill? sunday frustrations are enough for me.

Archived