Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things learned in this game.... Complaint and bitching litany

Burgold

The Redskins can afford to take the yoke off of Beck and let him play. We were way too conservative in the first half.

Gaffney's drop and inexcusable fumble back to back turned this game around.

Kdawg seemingly was correct and I was quick to judgement on Haslett. This D has completely and utterly disappeared. It didn't show up in the first half last week and without question folded in the second half this week.

Man, are we getting bit by the injury bug hard.

We are seemingly incapable of beating a rookie qb ever. Likewise, we are incapable of making a rookie qb not look like a sure fire HOFer.

The Redskins are a cursed team. Some of those throw and catches are ridiculous. The fumble on the goal line with three Redskins on top of it, but Carolina gets it?

Why do our receivers drop passes so often, but our opponent are all friggin' Spider-Man?

This game was Ground Hog Day. When do I get to wake up?

See? I mean if you're going to vent and ***** about this game,(and I assure I am),this is how you start a thread and do it.

Oh and :cuss: :rant: Love that vaunted defense in the second half. Nice adjustments. Ahem.

The D has looked like a typical Skins D of the past few years. Low yardage but can't get off the field when it really matters.

I would genuinely look into trading Orakpo while his value is at its highest. He is too small to be a major force in this league. He'll end up with 10-15 sacks due to blown protection, but he is a HUGE liability in coverage and against the run.

Finally, Beck is really solid. He commanded the huddle today and was completely let down by his receivers, again. He's dealing with a ton of injuries and still looked good. It's too bad Hankerson's bad play mars Beck's otherwise really good day.

The biggest thing that upsets me is the defense. I really thought we could ride our D and it would keep things close. They were completely manhandled. I really wasn't expecting the D to lay an egg like that. Beck looked solid. Hopefully he'll get more comfortable with more play time. Our D though....horrible.

We are not cursed. That's loser talk. The good teams win. The bad teams lose. We are a bad team. There is no voo doo or magic about it. We just are not very good.

Nah, I think we are. Look at the Eagle's two amazing volleyball bobble and catches (not one but two) Look at five fumbled snaps against Dallas without getting a turnover or even any lost yardage. Look at some of the insane catches this week. More, look at that fumble with three Redskins there and the ball magically goes to the Carolina guy who gets there late.

There's something going on. We need to burn incence, buy horshoes, rabbits feet, comb the grounds for clovers... SOMETHING!

We are not cursed. That's loser talk. The good teams win. The bad teams lose. We are a bad team. There is no voo doo or magic about it. We just are not very good.

And your answer for why our Skins are such a bad team? No positive changes for the last fifteen years? What is it? I'm tired and I want this team to succeed so damn bad it hurts.

snakebitten.

It's obvious that the OL effected the offenses approach today coupled with having Beck starting. That said, if the awesome D had showed up the Skins would have won. I don't see the secondary as good. They play off or get lost in space. When the pass rush is there it is a bit late and then a guy is wide open for a long pass. I think I have a headache even thinking about all the problems the team has. I thought at the start of the year the team could be 8-8 or 9-7 and just miss the playoffs. That may need to be downgraded now.

We can't score. Why can't we put the ball into the endzone???? Why can we not get points when we need them? And why do we ALWAYS play down to the level of our opponents in games like these?

I am so sick of hearing this "level of competition" thing. It implies that we lost or nearly lost to an inferior opponent. We are the inferior team.

What a disappointing effort by our defense.

Beck I would give a B-. He had a shaky first half (though I don't think you can blame a QB when someone comes completely untouched). He played well the second half (not sure why that playcalling wasn't there from the start). He was also missing two starters on the O-line, our best receiver, our leading rusher and Cooley. Under those circumstances he did fairly well. Been reading Twitter and it seems like the Redskins correspondents think Hankerson read the wrong route on the INT

Our secondary needs work. Why do they play so far off the ball and why after getting a ton of sacks in the first half were we unable to get to Newton in the second?

I knew we could only keep Steve Smith quiet for so long....all in all I thought the players did well but some of the coaching really makes me shake my head.

1. Accepting a penalty that puts us one and five when declining puts us second and very short?

2.Going for it at midfield when you're only down by a field goal??

3.Onside kick with 6-7 minutes on the clock? You mean you don't trust your defense on their 20 but you do at midfield???

The guys played their hearts out and for once the refs weren't against us... this one falls on flaky playcalling at the worst possible time IMO.

The defense is tired. Its the a snowball effect from the Offense's complete inability to ANYTHING.

I am ready to trade the world for a QB that can run this offense.

I never buy that argument. First drive of the game, Carolina drove for over seven minutes. Was the D tired from warm-ups? Don't be dumb.

Unfortunately, there is no one to fire. No one left to bench. The franchise IS cursed.

I'm tired of the excuses. I 'm tired of the stupid mistakes at killer moments.

I'm tired of the bs playcalling, no matter who's wearing the headset. I'm tired of QB controversies between guys who'd struggle to start for a UFL team.

How the hell do you have three guys around a fumble and not recover it? Why is it when we hit a QB just as he releases, he completes it for a 3rd-and-long conversion?

Why, when they botch the snap, they not only recover it, but the ball miraculously bounces into their hands, and they throw for 20-30 yards?

WHY THE **** CAN'T WE BEAT A MOTHER****ING ROOKIE QB?! EVER?!

This **** is beyond old. It wouldn't happen if this was mere chance.

Its like the Cubs, at this point. There seems to be a hatred by the Universe for the Redskins. Maybe Gibbs killed a bunch of people as a way to help us win in the 80s, and this is karma. I don't know.

Beck was solid today. Sure he fumbled, but it was a big hit he took. We need Orakpo and not trade him. We just need more all around talent on our Defensive backfield. Hall played terrible today; we should trade him. Big mouth and no return. We really missed Otogwe today and his tackling ability. I respect Dougherty, but he just doesn't have the physical talent. Run game looked good early, but just like the past 20 years; get in the red zone and can't finish the drive. Anyway; this team is rebuilding still and if anyone on this site seriously thought we would be a serious contender for the Super Bowl; you need to learn your football history.

HTTR!

Wes

I totally agree with this sentiment

the entire organization is in the bottom 3rd in the nfl and have been since a very long time ago

it has nothing to do with snakebitten

sell that BS someplace else

Another thing I noticed is that when we finally score a TD, the Defense immediately lets the other team drive right down the field and score. Happened in Dallas game and today. We just dont get off the field when we need to. It seems that we get run on to the left side a lot. Rak gets sucked in instead of containing his end.

Archived