Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per NFL.com : Strong Defense, Easy Schedule will lead Cowboys to division title.

steve09ru

Before I say this, the NFL is nuts and absolutely anything can happen.

Seems crazy to me, but it is the Cowboys division to lose right now. Tied for 1st, with only the Giants to contend with down the stretch. The Cowboys have 2 very winable(there are no gimmies, especially for this team) games up ahead. The Giants schedule gets a lot tougher from here on out, including games with the Saints and Packers looming. Looks like both teams will have to win the division to get in, as the WC race is looking pretty tough.

I just think it's crazy how this season had unfolded. I expected Dallas to be 8-8 or 9-7, as this is a rebuilding year for the team. They flat out cut 5 starters on offense from last year, and have gotten younger and cut salaries across the board. The off-season was completely devoted to getting the salary cap under control and getting younger, to me this screamed rebuild. I really expected Philly and NY to be battling it out for the division while Dallas floated around .500.

I suppose Dallas got pretty lucky to choose to rebuild in a season the East is the weakest it's been in awhile, but to win the division in year one of it would be a huge step to the future.

* Barring another historic December meltdown.

I still think that the Eagles could sneak back in. Remember, they currently hold tiebreaker over both Dallas and G-Men.

Not saying it will happen...but I wouldn't rule it out.

It would take a colossal collapse by BOTH NY & Dallas and a run like no other team ever, which I don't think can happen. So many losses by the Eagles late in games, where if they had just won one of them, you're looking at a much better possibility.

I think New England will put Philadelphia out of its misery on Sunday.

I'm hoping they do. Then I want you guys out.

Sad that I have to root for other teams to lose every year while my team gets chained to a pole in the basement. Just once, I'd like to be able to talk in here with other fans about my teams chances at the division and playoffs.

It would take a colossal collapse by BOTH NY & Dallas and a run like no other team ever, which I don't think can happen. So many losses by the Eagles late in games, where if they had just won one of them, you're looking at a much better possibility.

That's a bit of an overstatement. If Philly goes 5-1 the rest of the way, with the loss being to NE or the Jets, they finish at 9-7, owning the tie breaker. Dallas and the Giants each have 4 losses. Dallas would have lost to Philly. They play the Giants twice, so assume they split. Dallas would need to lose one more to get to 7 losses. The Giants need two more losses, but they have games against the Saints, Packers and Jets to go. Or they could beat Dallas twice and lose three of those.

It's highly unlikely, but talking about historic things needing to happen is an exagerration.

Not too many Cowboys fans were saying "strong defense" this past Sunday :D...

Or today. Good grief!! They are struggling bad against last place teams. At this point, i'd rather have the iggles and an emotional V. Young represent the NFCE. Dallas will get embarassed by a mediocre offense.

Newman trying to cover Marshall on that TD looked like my 10 year old daughter trying to cover me.

I've been hopeful that the Cowboys would be making strides at this point in the season, but the last 2 games they've looked pretty bad on both sides of the ball. Maybe things will get better when they get Jenkins and Austin back, but we might be in for another ugly December.

I've spotted the flaw in Brooks argument.

He forgot to account for the Romo sits to pee factor, or the Choke Factor to give it, it's more common name.

Hail.

Exactly. Romo sits to pee is capable of giving away a game all by himself. Those two INTs were just awful and he's capable of putting up a stinker again, especially against a good defense like the Giants twice, the Eagles, and the Bucs.

Right now, I'm feeling like they'll beat the Cardinals to go 8-4 and could very well finish 8-8.

I think the Cowboys have had the most success when they keep Romo sits to pee under 30 attempts. So they need their defense to keep the score down and the running game to drive the offense. Then 2 or 3 decent plays by Romo sits to pee, and get the last kick by Bailey = win.

Newman trying to cover Marshall on that TD looked like my 10 year old daughter trying to cover me.

I've been hopeful that the Cowboys would be making strides at this point in the season, but the last 2 games they've looked pretty bad on both sides of the ball. Maybe things will get better when they get Jenkins and Austin back, but we might be in for another ugly December.

Can you imagine what Rogers and the Packers' receivers would do to Alan Ball if Dallas had the misfortune to meet them in the playoffs. Ball would be dizzy from getting turned around so often - he'd be reaching for gravol on the sideline....

Sad that I have to root for other teams to lose every year while my team gets chained to a pole in the basement. Just once, I'd like to be able to talk in here with other fans about my teams chances at the division and playoffs.

Ditto. And then one more time. :(

Archived