Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per NFL.com : Strong Defense, Easy Schedule will lead Cowboys to division title.

steve09ru

I don't understand how people can still be homers and argue this? The Giants remaining schedule is absolutely bananas. Dallas' remaining schedule is cake. The December football play can be thrown right out the window now with Murray. Cowboys never had a running game even remotely close to what they have now. Every game relied on Tony Romo sits to pee to make the playoffs. This is a completely different team then they had in years and the Eagles suck.

I don't understand how people can still be homers and argue this? The Giants remaining schedule is absolutely bananas. Dallas' remaining schedule is cake. The December football play can be thrown right out the window now with Murray. Cowboys never had a running game even remotely close to what they have now. Every game relied on Tony Romo sits to pee to make the playoffs. This is a completely different team then they had in years and the Eagles suck.

Simple fact of the matter is Dallas plays New York twice. They also play Philly ... that could be 3 losses for Dallas. They also play a hot and cold Arizona team and Tampa Bay.

Anything can happen. If Philly can some how beat New England today, they are STILL in the race for the East.

On paper, yeah Dallas looks like the NFC East champs to be. But we all know how the NFL goes. A few weeks back, Dallas was 3-4, tied for last place and just got blown out by Philly.

Simple fact of the matter is Dallas plays New York twice. They also play Philly ... that could be 3 losses for Dallas. They also play a hot and cold Arizona team and Tampa Bay.

Anything can happen. If Philly can some how beat New England today, they are STILL in the race for the East.

On paper, yeah Dallas looks like the NFC East champs to be. But we all know how the NFL goes. A few weeks back, Dallas was 3-4, tied for last place and just got blown out by Philly.

Dude, stop trying to fit in on a Redskins board..........please tell us how you really feel?

Very little of what you said made sense.

Dallas' "cake" schedule? They play the Giants twice and the Eagles can still be dangerous. Tampa has a good defense and the Cardinals can put a scare into anyone...in fact, the Cards have almost swept the NFC East, beating Philly and taking the Skins and Giants right down to the wire.

Murray somehow negates the December Swan Dive? lol...He has averaged 3.4 ypc over the past two games when going up against the #5 and #11 rushing defenses in terms of ypc. He'll be going gonna up against the #9 rushing defense in the Cardinals. And I won't underestimate the Giants defense one iota, regardless of where they are ranked.

And for some reason you're completely overlooking how crappy their defensive backs have been playing. If a team can buy their QB even a little bit of time, the Cowboys can end up being shredded. Yes, Jenkins will be back and that should help, but it's VERY arguable that it won't be enough.

What I find interesting is that even Cowboys fans aren't looking at the Cowboys in as favorable a light as you're insisting we all should be lol...I've never seen Cowboys fans react in such a subdued manner after their team has gone on a 4-game winning streak. You read their game day threads over the last two weeks and you'd swear they were the 0-10 Colts. But Skins fans are merely homers in your eyes if they don't bow down to how great the Cowboys are? :ols:

There are 3 players returning form injury that should greatly help out the Cowboys in Miles Austin, Mike Jenkins, and most importantly Tony Fiammetta. For those who're unfamiliar with Fiammetta he's a FB that when on the field increases the Cowboy's average gain on runs under center from just under 3 to about 7.5 YPC.

As for the ease of schedule, they'll have a much easier time of things than the Giants who still have to play the Saints, the Packers, and the Cowboys twice and the Jets, so there is a reasonable scenario were they could sweep the Cowboys and still end up losing the division.

There are 3 players returning form injury that should greatly help out the Cowboys in Miles Austin, Mike Jenkins, and most importantly Tony Fiammetta. For those who're unfamiliar with Fiammetta he's a FB that when on the field increases the Cowboy's average gain on runs under center from just under 3 to about 7.5 YPC.

As for the ease of schedule, they'll have a much easier time of things than the Giants who still have to play the Saints, the Packers, and the Cowboys twice and the Jets, so there is a reasonable scenario were they could sweep the Cowboys and still end up losing the division.

All hail Fiametta!!!!

It's unreal, that EVERY Dallas fan is more excited to see Tony come back more so then Miles!

It's far from a lock at this point.

Dallas has shown they can play with anyone, and also lose to anyone. Wouldn't surprise me if they lost next week at Arizona. I think as Cowboy fans, we've seen the team choke away the division in similar situations before, so it's hard not to stay a little skeptical.

And at this current point in time there's no reason to get too high. With the way this secondaries playing right now, Dallas has no chance in the playoffs @ GB or NO.

It's far from a lock at this point.

Dallas has shown they can play with anyone, and also lose to anyone. Wouldn't surprise me if they lost next week at Arizona. I think as Cowboy fans, we've seen the team choke away the division in similar situations before, so it's hard not to stay a little skeptical.

And at this current point in time there's no reason to get too high. With the way this secondaries playing right now, Dallas has no chance in the playoffs @ GB or NO.

Never said anything about contending in the playoffs. Was more or less describing the fact that the Eagles and Redskins are done with the division race. The Giants remaining schedule, with no running game, against NO, GB, DAL, DAL, PHL, RED isn't looking good at all right now. The Giants have been playing absolutely awful football the past 2 weeks when they are forced to rely on Eli the entire game they straight **** the bed.

Very little of what you said made sense.

Dallas' "cake" schedule? They play the Giants twice and the Eagles can still be dangerous. Tampa has a good defense and the Cardinals can put a scare into anyone...in fact, the Cards have almost swept the NFC East, beating Philly and taking the Skins and Giants right down to the wire.

Murray somehow negates the December Swan Dive? lol...He has averaged 3.4 ypc over the past two games when going up against the #5 and #11 rushing defenses in terms of ypc. He'll be going gonna up against the #9 rushing defense in the Cardinals.

As I was saying lol :cool:

It didn't hurt that Garrett did the single most idiotic thing I've seen a coach do...

lol...well, true. But my points were still valid even if the Cowboys made the FG and won the game. :yes:

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 07:36 PM ----------

I miss TR1 in threads like this. Even though he canned himself.

This thread has his name all over it lol :yes:

Although I strongly disagree with Garretts decisions at the end of the game, I really feel some are using hindsight a little ruthlessly right now. (By some, I'm refering mostly to Cowboy fans and TV/Radio analysts, which in some cases, are the same thing
:ols:
)

It's easy to sit back and call Garrett out, but isn't what he did exactly what so many fans an anaylsts were calling for early in the season? (After the Jets and Lions games, to be more specific)

When Romo sits to pee "pulls a Romo sits to pee" and costs us a game, many people called for Garretts head to "reign him in" and don't allow him to lose us the game at the end.

Now when Garrett reigns him in and doesn't allow him the chance to lose it for us, many are calling for his head for doing exactly what they wanted earlier in the season. Now the argument could be made we run Murray and call time out and then kick it, but with the way we were running the ball in the 2nd half there's no guarantee that would of gained us much, if anything. Wanting Garrett to call a pass play is directly contradictory to what many Cowboy fans wanted earlier in the season. Also, we've been a jumpy team upfront all season, and that stadium was very loud. There's a solid chance one of our guys move up front and were out of field goal range.

Now if I was head coach would I of called some more plays? Yes. But the reality is we had Bailey in position for a very makeable game winner,(something he's done multiple times this season) and if he would of made the 2nd kick we wouldn't be having this conversation. Poor decision by Garrett, but many are overreacting to this.

The last time Tony Romo sits to pee actually played in December, he didn't do too badly.

I really won't be surprised by anything on Sunday night. It's setting up to look like another one of those 33-31 type games. Its highly unlikely that the Cowboys will be able to shut down Eli and that passing game, and the Cowboys are hoping the return of Austin and Fiametta gives their offense a boost against one of the worst defenses in the league.

I'll hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I really think this is for the NFC East. We'll see whether this is like 2009 (when the Cowboys beat the Saints and shutout the Redskins and Eagles to win the division), or 2008 (44-6).

I guess this thread was made when there were 6 games left and the Cardinals seem to be a little tougher than first thought. Doesn't seem like such a cake walk anymore when the last 4 games are against the Giants, Bucs, Eagles and then the Giants again. Not such a cake walk now is it?

Archived