Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per NFL.com : Strong Defense, Easy Schedule will lead Cowboys to division title.

steve09ru

I guess this thread was made when there were 6 games left and the Cardinals seem to be a little tougher than first thought. Doesn't seem like such a cake walk anymore when the last 4 games are against the Giants, Bucs, Eagles and then the Giants again. Not such a cake walk now is it?

The Giants have lost 4 straight and are a full game behind Dallas who they have to play twice, along with the Jets, and the Redskins. People point at the Dallas December curse but the last time Romo sits to pee played in December he won player of the month as the Cowboys beat the undefeated Saints in N.O. and ended the season with back to back shutouts.

The Cowboys don't have it locked up by any means, but things still look rather favorable for them currently, especially as they're getting their top offensive weapon back.

The Giants have lost 4 straight and are a full game behind Dallas who they have to play twice, along with the Jets, and the Redskins. People point at the Dallas December curse but the last time Romo sits to pee played in December he won player of the month as the Cowboys beat the undefeated Saints in N.O. and ended the season with back to back shutouts.

The Cowboys don't have it locked up by any means, but things still look rather favorable for them currently, especially as they're getting their top offensive weapon back.

The Giants also just came close to beating the Packers. The last time there was an undefeated team, the Giants played them close in the regular season, lost, but rode their good game to a three game winning streak and Super Bowl championship. :2cents:

People point at the Dallas December curse but the last time Romo sits to pee played in December he won player of the month as the Cowboys beat the undefeated Saints in N.O. and ended the season with back to back shutouts.

It's not just Romo sits to pee who was saddled with the December Curse, it was the whole damn team :ols:...something like 10 years in a row without a winning record in December, half of that before Romo sits to pee was starter.

Are they over it? Yeah, probably...at least to the point that they won't go on another 10-year December skid. But much like Cowboys fans loved talking about how it would take more than 2 years of "little Danny Snyder" staying out of the football operations for them to believe he's changed, it will take more than a season or two of winning records in December for us to believe the Cowboys no longer have a December Curse to worry about.

It's not just Romo sits to pee who was saddled with the December Curse, it was the whole damn team :ols:...something like 10 years in a row without a winning record in December, half of that before Romo sits to pee was starter.

Are they over it? Yeah, probably...at least to the point that they won't go on another 10-year December skid. But much like Cowboys fans loved talking about how it would take more than 2 years of "little Danny Snyder" staying out of the football operations for them to believe he's changed, it will take more than a season or two of winning records in December for us to believe the Cowboys no longer have a December Curse to worry about.

As I was saying lol :cool:...

As I was saying lol :cool:...

You called it. Kudos.

But truthfully, the December curse thing is a symptom of a much bigger problem. For years, the Cowboys have relied upon gimmicks and it routinely gets exposed late in the year. Although luck is a factor, usually talent wins out by the end of the year.

Like most Cowboys fans, I saw the winning records in November and believed it. But not this year. I knew the wheels would fall off sooner or later.

I actually smiled after the game, because I went to the CZ to see what fans are saying. I think they are finally starting to get it. The Cowboys are a bad team. While they do have a handful of good players, it doesn't overcome the years of poor drafting, too many project players, and bad management.

Jerruh needs to sell the team or at least step down as the GM. The curse will never go away until he does.

Jerruh needs to sell the team or at least step down as the GM. The curse will never go away until he does.

It took Snyder a long time to finally pull his ego out of the game. Hopefully he'll keep it out. Jones has a much bigger ego especially the way the media treats him. Never happen.

You called it. Kudos.

But truthfully, the December curse thing is a symptom of a much bigger problem. For years, the Cowboys have relied upon gimmicks and it routinely gets exposed late in the year. Although luck is a factor, usually talent wins out by the end of the year.

Like most Cowboys fans, I saw the winning records in November and believed it. But not this year. I knew the wheels would fall off sooner or later.

I actually smiled after the game, because I went to the CZ to see what fans are saying. I think they are finally starting to get it. The Cowboys are a bad team. While they do have a handful of good players, it doesn't overcome the years of poor drafting, too many project players, and bad management.

I'm glad you all are finally realizing this.

May the implosion continue...

Did Jerry Jones outcoach Jason Garret last night? :ols:

Jerrah was calling for a timeout at the goal line with over a minute left. You could see him in his box yelling "Timeout Jason, timeout"

Instead Red Jesus let the clock run for 9 more seconds before calling timeout :ols:

I'm usually pretty calm during games, and I was screaming at the T.V then too. Garretts clock management has been absolutely awful lately. I believe he needs to hire an OC. Let him focus on calling time outs correctly and not icing his own kicker. :ols:

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Norv return to Dallas this offseason. Garrett and Norv run very similar systems, so there wouldn't be much transition.

Giants definitely have the leg up in the division, but if Dallas wins out, it's a different story.

This defense is getting the axe after the season, much like the offense did last offseason.

I'm usually pretty calm during games, and I was screaming at the T.V then too. Garretts clock management has been absolutely awful lately. I believe he needs to hire an OC. Let him focus on calling time outs correctly and not icing his own kicker. :ols:

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Norv return to Dallas this offseason. Garrett and Norv run very similar systems, so there wouldn't be much transition.

Giants definitely have the leg up in the division, but if Dallas wins out, it's a different story.

This defense is getting the axe after the season, much like the offense did last offseason.

As an OC, Norv should be good. But didn't he coach Garrett in Dallass? :ols:

• 3 weeks later...
I don't understand how people can still be homers and argue this? The Giants remaining schedule is absolutely bananas. Dallas' remaining schedule is cake. The December football play can be thrown right out the window now with Murray. Cowboys never had a running game even remotely close to what they have now. Every game relied on Tony Romo sits to pee to make the playoffs. This is a completely different team then they had in years and the Eagles suck.

Spongebob-1.jpg

Well I will take the heat for this....but I guess we are going to ignore that the Cowboys went to **** after losing Murray for the season.

heh heh...the Cowboys were sucking eggs way before Murray went out for the season. They got taken into OT by the 3-6 Redskins and barely beat the 3-7 Dolphins on a last-second FG, then went on to lose to the 4-7 Cardinals. All of this happaned before Murray's injury. Besides, Murray doesn't play defense lol...

Shall I remind you what was said earlier? Yes, I shall...

Dallas' "cake" schedule? They play the Giants twice (Cowboys lost twice to them) and the Eagles can still be dangerous (lost to them, too). Tampa has a good defense and the Cardinals can put a scare into anyone...in fact, the Cards have almost swept the NFC East, beating Philly and taking the Skins and Giants right down to the wire. (lost to them as well)

Murray somehow negates the December Swan Dive? lol...He has averaged 3.4 ypc over the past two games when going up against the #5 and #11 rushing defenses in terms of ypc. He'll be going gonna up against the #9 rushing defense in the Cardinals. (Murray averaged 3.2 ypc against the Cardinals) And I won't underestimate the Giants defense one iota, regardless of where they are ranked.

And for some reason you're completely overlooking how crappy their defensive backs have been playing. (did you see tonight's game?) If a team can buy their QB even a little bit of time, the Cowboys can end up being shredded. (*grin*)

All of this was easily detectible back when you were claiming only "homers" would think the Cowboys weren't gonna run away with the division.

heh heh...the Cowboys were sucking eggs way before Murray went out for the season. They got taken into OT by the 3-6 Redskins and barely beat the 3-7 Dolphins on a last-second FG, then went on to lose to the 4-7 Cardinals. All of this happaned before Murray's injury. Besides, Murray doesn't play defense lol...

Shall I remind you what was said earlier? Yes, I shall...

All of this was easily detectible back when you were claiming only "homers" would think the Cowboys weren't gonna run away with the division.

So wait........A division game, and against one of the best run defenses in the NFL? Like I said, I'll take the heat.....but the remaining season would have been vastly different if Murray didn't get hurt. And this game could have possibly meant nothing if Romo sits to pee didn't get hurt last week first play against the Eagles. I didn't take account for things like this. If Eli Manning went on IR in week 11 do you think the Giants would still be competing for a playoff spot? What about Lesean Mccoy as well?

So wait........A division game, and against one of the best run defenses in the NFL? Like I said, I'll take the heat.....but the remaining season would have been vastly different if Murray didn't get hurt.

They were either squeaking by, or losing outright, to the dregs of the NFL three weeks in a row. And that was WITH Murray. No, I think the remaining season would have been exactly the same.

Besides, you really want to run with the logic that losing a part-time rookie RB collapsed the Cowboys?...A part-time rookie RB who started the season injured and was averaging a mediocre 3.2 ypc over the previous 3 weeks before getting injured? Really?

Because if you do, then that only goes to show how bad the team actually was and should have in NO way been seen as obvious division winners like you were painting them to be. Again, this was all obvious back when Murray was still playing. Even Cowboys fans saw it lol...

NOTHING you said ended up being true.

And this game could have possibly meant nothing if Romo sits to pee didn't get hurt last week first play against the Eagles.

Wrong.

The game would have still determined the NFC East winner even if Romo sits to pee stayed healthy or McGee looked like Dan Marino against the Eagles. As long as the Giants beat the Jets--and, newsflash, they did lol--it was ALWAYS going to come down to this last game between New York and Dallas. Romo sits to pee's injury didn't change that one iota.

I didn't take account for things like this.

You didn't account for a LOT of things, it seems lol ;)...

If Eli Manning went on IR in week 11 do you think the Giants would still be competing for a playoff spot? What about Lesean Mccoy as well?

???...None of that has anything whatsoever to do with accurately accessing the Cowboys back when you made those statements. Everything I and others mentioned back then were painfully obvious to damn near everyone.

Has anybody heard any major media already saying good things about Dallas' chances at the pay-offs next year? I ask because I haven't seen such, but have heard this, and would fall over laughing even though I shouldn't be surprised were it true. :)

Has anybody heard any major media already saying good things about Dallas' chances at the pay-offs next year? I ask because I haven't seen such, but have heard this, and would fall over laughing even though I shouldn't be surprised were it true. :)

They will be installed as odds on favorite the day after the Super Bowl is over.

Nope, but i'm sure Cowherd still thinks they're the best team in the east, mebbe the whole nfc, and will win it all next year..:ols:

Give them a week. The major media is in mourning right now.

Archived