Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins trade up for Luck?

issapunk

Luck behind our oline wouldent last for 5 minutes and his career would be ruined. Remember Patrick Ramsey? AFter he got his brains smashed in so many times he became flinchy started throwing the ball away when no one was actually around him always looking over his shoulder.

Our line actually has been good in pass pro.

If your picking 16th - you wouldn't have enough value in your picks for a top 2 pick. There is a point system and it wouldn't work unless someone was willing to take 2013 picks - but that never will happen. Your not getting Luck, which means you will not get a franchise caliber QB next year , unless you get " lucky" with one in the midrounds. Don't hold your breath

Unless you trade more than picks....

Logically, I would say No. They need depth everywhere, they still need some starters, and you don't have to have an HOF caliber QB to win.

That said, if the opportunity presented itself, I'd probably do it. The 'Skins haven't had a franchise QB since Sonny. Trade 2 first, 2 seconds, and get the guy if you can. Heck, throw in Cooley and the rights to FedEx for all I care. I THINK that with this team, and a better QB, the team would be more productive.

I was a firm believer that you have to build the pieces first, then get the QB. I think there are enough pieces, certainly on defense, to be competitive. A rookie QB now won't get completely killed, or be responsible for winning games. You have the defense and theoretically a running game to ease a rookie in.

We haven't had a star QB in so long. I'd be fine taking a chance on Luck and seeing where the chips fall.

But keep in mind, the only way this happens is if St. Louis or Indy gets the first pick. All the other bad teams would just turn a deaf ear and pick the guy.

PS: If Caron Palmer works out in Oakland, we could always trade for JC. (Ducking for cover...) (Completely kidding.)

This team will not be drafting at the top of the draft

The Defense is for real

Who held Mike Vick and all those offensive stars to just 20 points this season?

We did

If it weren't for Rex Grossman throwing 4 INTS we could have won that game.

We will be contending this year if John Beck can game manage with his arm and legs

What would it take for a team drafting 15-32 to get to the number one pick?

Every draft pick this year by most guesses

Or 3 first round picks for the next 3 years if Carson Palmer is any indication

Is anyone certain that Luck is worth 3 1st round picks?

there are QB's like this one who do miss. I'm not saying Luck is the next Jeff George but remember him?

2001-Topps-George.jpg

And who gave of you supporting this trade actually gave Carolina credit for drafting Cam Newton?

camnewton.jpg

I know some of you like DG always did but conventional wisdom at the time was that he was more likely to be this guy

Russell1.jpg

Then what we've seen this year.

My point is there is no guarantee, even with Luck

Is he worth at least 3 1sts if I'm right about where we will pick from and maybe even more? I don't know. My heart says Maybe, my brain says No

People like to put out that who ever have the pick. While what if Rams get the pick? Oh and read up on Luck pulling an Eli. That is very much real. And Indy and MIA are not absolutely the best situation for a young QB of Luck talent to want to go to.

Here's an article from Pro Football Talk today on this very topic.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/some-fear-luck-could-make-a-power-play/

It's extremely unlikely Luck's coming here, but you know Snyder and Shanahan would woo Luck (and his dad) like none other if they felt there was a shred of a possibility they could get him to "pull an Eli."

Look at Andy Dalton. The guy is the looking like the best QB drafted in the last two drafts. Round 2, Pick 35. Luck may be first next Spring but it is not guaranteed that he will be the best.

Those were both also weak QB classes. This one is strong and the difference between Luck and the fourth QB drafted is going to be MUCH greater from a scouting/potential standpoint than the difference between Newton and Dalton.

When you have a sure fire franchise QB available (if that is indeed the case), then you pull the trigger and pay the piper whatever his fee to ensure 10-15 years of a solid franchise guy that can grow with the team and make playoffs a given rather than a lofty dream.

So in short, if the prospect is rock solid, then hell yes!

When you have a sure fire franchise QB available (if that is indeed the case), then you pull the trigger and pay the piper whatever his fee to ensure 10-15 years of a solid franchise guy that can grow with the team and make playoffs a given rather than a lofty dream.

So in short, if the prospect is rock solid, then hell yes!

There is absolutely no such thing on planet earth.

It's all a gamble. The question is how much are you willing to plunk down? Want to bet the house on the next David Carr, Ryan Leaf.. or any of the other zillion 'sure fire' guys?

~Bang

There is absolutely no such thing on planet earth.

It's all a gamble. The question is how much are you willing to plunk down? Want to bet the house on the next David Carr, Ryan Leaf.. or any of the other zillion 'sure fire' guys?

~Bang

What's the worst that could happen? We'll just continue to have no hope for a championship for another few years!

Something I think people are overlooking is that with a rookie payscale, it's going to be even harder to trade up into the top 3-5. Before, there was always a team or two that was more than willing to trade out so they wouldn't have to pay an untested high pick insane amounts of guaranteed cash. Now the payscale removes that factor.

No player is ever been worth that much not peyton manning nor tom brady. a team is a 53 deep that requires lots of competition. besides the mannings what other first overall selections got a ring? in the past 20 years.

Oh John Elway

Orlando Pace is the only one I think. And Drew Bledsoe got there but didn't get the ring, not as the starter anyway.

There are two types of Redskins fan here:

The 80's old fan. Doesn't understand that the days of building a great team around a mediocre QB and winning SBs are long gone. They are the ones that say: No QB...we have too many holes to fill elsewhere. What about Center, ILB. These people just don't get the new NFL

The Fan's that Get it. This is a passing league. This is a QB league. You keep taking QBs until you get a SB calibre QB. It is the only way to win in the NFL. You have one or you have NO Hope. None. Ever. You see a franchise QB, you get him. end of story

Archived