Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins trade up for Luck?

issapunk

Not going to happen, what ever team that has the first pick, most likely the dolphins or Indy, there's no way the pass on a kid with his potential, even if he rides the pine behind Manning for three years.

I was going to start another thread but I think this one would suffice. Since we probably won't get Luck, who is the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft. Or better yet, which one of the prospects best fits what Shanahan is trying to build in DC?

Bottom line? We haven't had a franchise QB since Joey T and with the success of Stafford, Bradford, Newton, Dalton and the likes, these kids seem to be coming out more and more pro ready. So, what say you? Since Luck will most assuredly be off the board, whose next?

Luck may pull a Eli and may not want to go to the team at the number 1 slot. I would be all in if we traded up for Luck those who cry about giving up the picks to get are crazy this guy is the real deal if they can do it they should.

Do it. We've given up so much to try and find a QB and if we trade up, we won't need to worry about it for a long time. Good QBs make the rest of the holes on a team less conspicuous.

I'm in the minority, but you don't win without a franchise QB, no matter what other parts you assemble around him. Luck is the most NFL-ready franchise QB to come around in a long time. You guys want to start winning now? Trade up for Luck. You want to wait and hope that Ryan Tannehill isn't the next Ramsey or Campbell while we draft pieces around him? Fine by me but the chances of success in my eyes are better with the star QB already in place.

One caveat - if we can trade up for less or stay put and draft Robert Griffin, I'm all for that too. But I would have no complaints if we traded a lot of picks for Luck. We had 12 this past year and all of them made the team (either PS or active roster) so we can afford to spend some now.

That's exactly my point in starting this thread. People can say 'no way in hell we can get him', but if we offer the right price, why not? If St. Louis has the 1st pick, I don't see them taking Luck. Yes, there are other 'quality' QB's in the draft and Jason Campbell was considered a 'quality' QB. Trade away 4 top picks and get the guy that this team has needed since Theisman went down. It has been long enough and we have had holes on this team for years. We are good at getting talent in late rounds and picking up guys in the offseason. This team needs a franchise QB and Luck is the only sure thing in the draft. Take him and build our team around him. With him on our team, we instantly improve, even with holes at wide receiver and o-line. Those holes can be filled, but would you rather take a gamble on a QB in the middle of the draft and build our team and fill all of our holes and wait 5 years only to find out he is not the answer. That is a waste of time. Get the guy we need now and fix the holes in years to come. We have waited long enough.

People like to put out that who ever have the pick. While what if Rams get the pick? Oh and read up on Luck pulling an Eli. That is very much real. And Indy and MIA are not absolutely the best situation for a young QB of Luck talent to want to go to. Why would he want to go to the Colts and sit the bench for 3 more years. Or go to the Dolphins with the GM and Ownership is a mess. We out of all the team that needy a Franchise QB we have the best situation.

People like to put out that who ever have the pick. While what if Rams get the pick? Oh and read up on Luck pulling an Eli. That is very much real. And Indy and MIA are not absolutely the best situation for a young QB of Luck talent to want to go to. Why would he want to go to the Colts and sit the bench for 3 more years. Or go to the Dolphins with the GM and Ownership is a mess. We out of all the team that needy a Franchise QB we have the best situation.

What do you mean read up on Luck pulling an Eli? It would make sense for Luck to want to come here. We have the money and the fan base that players love and we have a good defense and the team that would allow him to win as soon as possible. I don't see him wanting to sit under Peyton and constantly being compared to him for the rest of his career.

NO NO NO

There will be a great selection of QBs coming out this season, why throw away multiple draft picks on an unknown. How do we know Luck is not the next Ryan Leaf??

I think the redskins will be able to pick a great prospect in the mid first round without the need to throw away picks.

For once, I want the redskins to build a team first then go after their QB. Not the other way around.

The only way I am not for this, is if we are able to sign Matt Flynn in free agency. If we can do this, then I will support drafting Hightower or Te'o first and coming back for a qb in the second (or trading back into the first for a qb).

But, if we can't get Flynn, then I am all for trading up for Luck.

Are you comparing Eli and Rivers to Luck. Would I trade Harrison, Polamalu, and Santonio Holmes For Aaron Rogers souped up yea I would.

I don't know if you remeber, but Eli was mentioned heavily as the best QB that draft. The one who will be just like his brother. The can't miss QB.

Roth, ahhh, small college, question marks etc. The other two players, yea the next first round picks for the Steelers (if I am not mistaken). Think about the three players you would get for a single player who may not be as great as expected.

You cannot just pick 3 players who have SHOWN they can produce in the NFL. Rodgers dropped like crazy. How are you comparing him to Luck?!?

You have to look at how the draft works. You have to look at what trading for an unknown can do to your franchise good or bad. 3 first is ridiculous as much as 2 first for Palmer is.

The only way I am not for this, is if we are able to sign Matt Flynn in free agency. If we can do this, then I will support drafting Hightower or Te'o first and coming back for a qb in the second (or trading back into the first for a qb).

But, if we can't get Flynn, then I am all for trading up for Luck.

This. I seriously hope the Redskins go after Matt Flynn. I have heard the complaint that people want our own QB to groom, but I don't think it gets any better than having a QB who was groomed under Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay organization. I'm sick of having instability and uncertainty around our QB position. Trade the house for Luck or get Matt Flynn, but why gamble on a mid round QB because he is still considered talented. Luck is in a different league no matter what you say and he isn't the next Ryan Leaf. Look at the difference in character between the two and that's your answer. I would love Flynn or Luck.

I would do it. I dont care about hte holes ... if Luck was on this team right now we would have the best team in the NFC East. Shanny and Allen have proved the ability to hit on late picks ... Id give two firsts and two seconds to move up and get that guy.

I'd do too. We can fill up holes through late picks and free agency.

I don't know if you remeber, but Eli was mentioned heavily as the best QB that draft. The one who will be just like his brother. The can't miss QB.

Roth, ahhh, small college, question marks etc. The other two players, yea the next first round picks for the Steelers (if I am not mistaken). Think about the three players you would get for a single player who may not be as great as expected.

You cannot just pick 3 players who have SHOWN they can produce in the NFL. Rodgers dropped like crazy. How are you comparing him to Luck?!?

You have to look at how the draft works. You have to look at what trading for an unknown can do to your franchise good or bad. 3 first is ridiculous as much as 2 first for Palmer is.

Exactly and those picks that we trade for him might not be nothing but busts too. But from what I've seen of Luck is ten times better than Eli was. Luck is a sure thing people. There's no weakness in his game. He can do it all.

I'm torn on this. The QB situation in DC has been horrible for a LONG time. We could easily give up way too much and it would put us back 2 years. Or, we trade for Luck and and rely on making great selections in rounds 5-7 for the next two years.

Not sure at this point. But I really like the idea of having an elite QB.

I would do it. I dont care about hte holes ... if Luck was on this team right now we would have the best team in the NFC East. Shanny and Allen have proved the ability to hit on late picks ... Id give two firsts and two seconds to move up and get that guy.

Luck behind our oline wouldent last for 5 minutes and his career would be ruined. Remember Patrick Ramsey? AFter he got his brains smashed in so many times he became flinchy started throwing the ball away when no one was actually around him always looking over his shoulder.

Archived