Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get your jerseys printed: Niles Paul will be the breakout star of the rest of the season

SkinsTillIDie

Well it seems to me with the fumbles and drops Gafney has been having and Santana's injury I think Paul needs a shot. I mean whoelse really deserves to be out there? We don't know what happens in practice, we surely don't know the Shanahan's intentions but heck with the line being injured, having a mobile QB, it seems to me that keeping what was it, 7 recievers on the roster it's time to basically open up the offense. It appears this line isn't a mash'em grinder line, so Torrain won't be effective, I say give Helu the start, spread the offense out and get the ball to the recievers and see who steps up. We know defenses will be covering Davis but there is no tape really on Paul or Hankerson and they are big. Hell at this point any playtime they get now will only help next year when we will have a better line and hopefully know for sure who our franchise QB will be. Time will only tell but we can't continue to do the same thing and expect different results. We can't run so open up the damn offense and let these rookies go and make plays.....

I was listening to the beat reporter on 106.7 this AM...and he was saying how both Armstrong and Paul have a GREAT opportunity right in front of them. It's sad (and understandable) how Hankerson isn't even mentioned....4 year senior at Miami and is having an AWFUL transition to the pros. I expected more. I hope Paul takes the bull by the horns here and REALLY produces. His skillset as a WR kinda reminds me of Miles Austin. Hope he can be just as good or BETTER (with less drops LOL).

Niles Paul has been getting game time for skills other than catching the ball. Hankerson not being pro bowl day 1 is the expected not the norm and specifically WRs shouldn't be expected to come in and produce on a team with as poor QB play as we've had. Any time you look around the league at WRs producing straight away there's usually a really good QB throwing the ball.

I was listening to the beat reporter on 106.7 this AM...and he was saying how both Armstrong and Paul have a GREAT opportunity right in front of them. It's sad (and understandable) how Hankerson isn't even mentioned....4 year senior at Miami and is having an AWFUL transition to the pros. I expected more. I hope Paul takes the bull by the horns here and REALLY produces. His skillset as a WR kinda reminds me of Miles Austin. Hope he can be just as good or BETTER (with less drops LOL).

Sure there are those that quickly transition to the pros but WR can be a tricky position. On top of that a shortened offseason. Give him a little time before judgement.

Sure there are those that quickly transition to the pros but WR can be a tricky position. On top of that a shortened offseason. Give him a little time before judgement.

Oh, I'm not writing him off....just never expected Niles Paul to be THIS far ahead of Hankerson as far as development.

I really think Niles Paul is going to be a factor in the future. I dream of a time when he and Hank will be our 1-2 punch, with austin (or armstrong/aging moss) in the slot. If anyone has contact with Niles, show im this video please!

So he's going to he good because he blocks well?

Yes, in that being a good blocker means you are going to get game reps which means the QB will eventually throw your way and tends to force defenses to play straight even when you've got though you got a 3 or 4 wide package in meaning you may get some mismatches.

I'm late getting to this thread, but I just want to thank SkinsTillIDie for showing how to make a truly superior OP and set up a topic. :)

I also hope it's time for Paul to see more action. That both he and AA will develop to be what we need at WR (deep threats) would be fantastic good fortune for us. I believe it is a fair possibility, but it's too early yet to tell a lot about our passing game for all the obvious reasons (not just the QB situation, but line and TE and even the balance needed from a solid run game).

I really think Niles Paul is going to be a factor in the future. I dream of a time when he and Hank will be our 1-2 punch, with austin (or armstrong/aging moss) in the slot. If anyone has contact with Niles, show im this video please!

...what the hell did I just watch?

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 09:35 PM ----------

Yes, in that being a good blocker means you are going to get game reps which means the QB will eventually throw your way and tends to force defenses to play straight even when you've got though you got a 3 or 4 wide package in meaning you may get some mismatches.

Agreed. Being such a good blocker means he'll get on the field a lot. Now he just needs to get on the field more in passing situations. He had 2 catches last game? Sign of things to come. We actually NEED him to get more involved in the passing attack since teams will look at him being on the field, and assume it's a run.

I'm hopeful all this year's wide out rooks will be eventually, the speedster Robinson included.

Great to read Shanahan's comments on the progress of Paul. I'd read the HC saying either him or Armstrong will get the start Sunday, which is great to know. Here's to the start of a long, rich career in DC Niles.

Now if only Beck can get you the ball .....

Hail.

Agreed. I dont like the fact that we got Stallworth taking up space on our roster and Robinson is sitting on the practice squad. It's time to see what these young guys can do.

Also I am of the opinion that since big mike is out they should also bring up Royster. But maybe that's just me.

Agreed. I dont like the fact that we got Stallworth taking up space on our roster and Robinson is sitting on the practice squad. It's time to see what these young guys can do.

Also I am of the opinion that since big mike is out they should also bring up Royster. But maybe that's just me.

I think Robinson needs to stay on the PS. He did'nt show anything in preseason that would warrant a callup. We already have 8 WRs on the roster. Even if say we released Stallworth, I'd bring up a DL or OL before Robinson. With Santana inactive for a while, we still have 7 other WRs on gameday.

Archived