Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-12 NHL and Other Hockey Thread [Hockey Hall of Fame class announced]

Sticksboi05

Stay classy, Philadelphia...Morons

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7426297/video-shows-philadelphia-flyers-fans-attacking-new-york-rangers-fans

NEW YORK -- The Philadelphia police department has released a surveillance video of a brutal attack following Monday's Winter Classic game in an effort to identify the three suspects involved in the beating of two men wearing New York Rangers jerseys outside a South Philadelphia cheesesteak shack.

The graphic video shows three suspects wearing Philadelphia Flyers jerseys beating and kicking the two victims outside Geno's Steaks in South Philly at 7:15 p.m.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, one of the victims was an off-duty Woodbridge, N.J., police officer, who was taken to the hospital for injuries sustained in the attack. The second victim was the police officer's son.

Stay classy, Philadelphia...Morons

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7426297/video-shows-philadelphia-flyers-fans-attacking-new-york-rangers-fans

NEW YORK -- The Philadelphia police department has released a surveillance video of a brutal attack following Monday's Winter Classic game in an effort to identify the three suspects involved in the beating of two men wearing New York Rangers jerseys outside a South Philadelphia cheesesteak shack.

The graphic video shows three suspects wearing Philadelphia Flyers jerseys beating and kicking the two victims outside Geno's Steaks in South Philly at 7:15 p.m.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, one of the victims was an off-duty Woodbridge, N.J., police officer, who was taken to the hospital for injuries sustained in the attack. The second victim was the police officer's son.

I understand your point - no other city in the country ever has a fight after a hockey game. D'oh. Don't paint all Flyers fans with the same brush, my friend. And I hope they track down the dumbass and lock him up. And by the way, is this incident "worse" because the guy was an off-duty cop?

I understand your point - no other city in the country ever has a fight after a hockey game. D'oh. Don't paint all Flyers fans with the same brush, my friend. And I hope they track down the dumbass and lock him up. And by the way, is this incident "worse" because the guy was an off-duty cop?

It's not about just this event Bostic. Philly fans are notorious for being childish *******s. I mean, throwing batteries at opposing players, pelting Santa with snowballs, and throwing up on 11 year old girls. You never hear of this **** from other fan bases. Yeah, every fan base has fights, but these instances are well above and beyond that. Basically the Philly fanbase gets a bad rep cause they earned it. This isn't an isolated incident, it's a repetitive series of disgusting acts performed by a fanbase filled with *******s. I know you're not one of them, but you can't ignore the fact that the Philly fans have earned this rep and many seem to pride themselves in the fact.

It's not about just this event Bostic. Philly fans are notorious for being childish *******s. I mean, throwing batteries at opposing players, pelting Santa with snowballs, and throwing up on 11 year old girls. You never hear of this **** from other fan bases. Yeah, every fan base has fights, but these instances are well above and beyond that. Basically the Philly fanbase gets a bad rep cause they earned it. This isn't an isolated incident, it's a repetitive series of disgusting acts performed by a fanbase filled with *******s.

Like I said, it happens in every city. And the fanbase isn't FILLED with douchebags -- there are a few, just like in every city.

Sure, every city has it's douchebags. These "incidents" seem to happen more often in Philly though. As a Caps fan, I wouldn't feel at risk in any city other than Philly. Now, perhaps it's just the reputation... I really doubt it though. The same douchebags that root for the Eagles and Phillies also root for the Flyers. Not every fan of a Philadelphia team is a violent person, not by a long stretch. It just seems to me that violence seems to surround sports in Philadelphia.

I can't say that Washington DC sports fans are much better either, especially Redskins fans. We are quickly turning into Philadelphia lite.

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 08:21 PM ----------

Do they have any prospects playing in the gold medal game tonight?

After they tank the season because they suck, they'll have a shot at Nail. ;)

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 08:23 PM ----------

Canada sure hates Kuznetsov. He gets Ovechkin-esque boos whenever he touches the puck. I like that.

Canada hates non-Canadians who are good at hockey. Especially Russians, and especially Americans. The booing does help you keep track of Kuznetsov, though :)

I get that. Yukapov doesn't get booed though, however I don't think he's shown up as much as Kuznetsov has this tournament. The commentators were mentioning earlier that the Canadians didn't like Kuzzy's "excessive" celebration during the Russia/Canada game.

I get that. Yukapov doesn't get booed though, however I don't think he's shown up as much as Kuznetsov has this tournament. The commentators were mentioning earlier that the Canadians didn't like Kuzzy's "excessive" celebration during the Russia/Canada game.

I think they were more displeased by his excessive scoring.

Man Makarov is beast. Think final regulation was blocking 50 of 50 shots (50-16 favoring Sweden lol), while also dealing with a flying kick to the chest from some Swede. Our boy Kuznetsov had a sick spinning pass to almost steal the whole thing around :32. Can't wait to see him with the Caps.

Man Makarov is beast. Think final regulation was blocking 50 of 50 shots (50-16 favoring Sweden lol), while also dealing with a flying kick to the chest from some Swede. Our boy Kuznetsov had a sick spinning pass to almost steal the whole thing around :32. Can't wait to see him with the Caps.

Should be amazing to see him next season in the NHL.

As for Canada. I love visiting the country, I love the people. Until it comes to hockey. They're the biggest babies on the planet when it comes to hockey. Classless. They boo'ed Kuznetsov even when he got his medal. Have fun dealing with the fact that the team that beat you for the Gold also beat you for the silver you spoiled brats.

Should be amazing to see him next season in the NHL.

As for Canada. I love visiting the country, I love the people. Until it comes to hockey. They're the biggest babies on the planet when it comes to hockey. Classless. They boo'ed Kuznetsov even when he got his medal. Have fun dealing with the fact that the team that beat you for the Gold also beat you for the silver you spoiled brats.

It's because of one of his goal celebrations not that Russia won.

It's because of one of his goal celebrations not that Russia won.

I was in Canada for the Gold Medal game during the Olympics. They're babies. Justification by you or anyone else will not sway me otherwise. Celebration or not, they should appreciate his accomplishments in the tourney.

I was in Canada for the Gold Medal game during the Olympics. They're babies. Justification by you or anyone else will not sway me otherwise. Celebration or not, they should appreciate his accomplishments in the tourney.

Oh I agree, their sense of entitlement is hilarious and considering of everyone who cares about the WJC they are 95% they need to get over it when they lose.

Archived