Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carolina Panthers Tailgate 10/23/2011 (REDSKIN FAN INVASION!!!)

superozman

I did not know Kickstand was a Redskins place. Interesting...I have heard good things about it, but I have never been there.

If I remember correctly, you hosted the gathering at Picasso's a few years back. Are you still involved with it?

I sold Picasso's this Spring. My old bartender and good friend works Kickstand, and pulled the strings to get them to shell out to CBS radio for the rights to be Charlotte's "official" Redskins bar. Come watch the games with us, the crowd is growing each game, though my daughter has a soccer match in Winston-Salem this Sunday. :(

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 02:29 PM ----------

We're about 10-20 less here as well. Last week I watched the station behind work bounce from 3.09 down to 2.84 & back up to 3.19. :doh:

I started to cancel my room at the Marriott for the Westin but the Westin is about 65 bucks more. So for the price of 3/4 a tank of gas, I'm keeping the room at the Marriott.

No worries. Uptown Marriott is farther from the tailgate area, but closer to the night action. Pick yer poison.

I sold Picasso's this Spring. My old bartender and good friend works Kickstand, and pulled the strings to get them to shell out to CBS radio for the rights to be Charlotte's "official" Redskins bar. Come watch the games with us, the crowd is growing each game, though my daughter has a soccer match in Winston-Salem this Sunday.

Yeah, I will definitely try and make it up there for a game. I have a friend that lives very close to Kickstand, and I have heard great things. I have a wedding I have to go to out of town this weekend, but I will try and make it for a game in the next few weeks.

So what does the consensus think about where to hold the meet and greet? Wild Wing Cafe, or Kickstand?

For Everyone's info:

Wild Wings is in the Epicenter, which has other places to check out, and closer to the Westin.

Kickstand is the other side from the stadium, however, gives you the ability to check out another part of town.

I have no preference, but if a vote is needed, then I will decide later!

So what does the consensus think about where to hold the meet and greet? Wild Wing Cafe, or Kickstand?

I just got this Email from Whiskey River:

We wanted to reach out to you because we know that the Washington Redskins *are coming to play the Carolina Panthers on October 23rd, and we would like to host the tailgate during their stay in Charlotte.

What is Whisky River? We are the largest capacity Rock and Roll Country Saloon in Uptown Charlotte. We are known around the country due to our owner Dale Earnhardt Jr., not only a NASCAR Driver, but also a Washington Redskins fan

*We also just so happen to be right in the middle of down town Charlotte, just blocks away from the Panther Stadium. *We are surrounded by some of the biggest hotels in the city including walking distance from the Omni, Ritz Carlton, Hilton, Aloft, Marriot and Holiday Inn Express. You can check us out at www.Whiskyrivercharlotte.com

We are not strangers to tailgate groups and traveling team parties, we have had the Alumni Associations from the Meineke Car Care bowl 3 Years running including West Virginia who brought 14,000 fans to Uptown Charlotte and we threw the biggest events of the weekend for them. Including Pep Rallies, After Parties and Special Events for each day they were in town. *We’ve also hosted the Eagles tailgate in September of 2009 where we had tons of busses full of fans come to Charlotte and partied with us here at Whisky River.

We hope to hear from you and we wish you great luck in your 2011 season. We would love to make your trip to Charlotte enjoyable and easy as possible.

I'm really excited to meet everyone f2f! Lets hope my mere presence doesnt have the same impact (loss) as the last one against the Panthers did!

I've never seen us win at an away game.

Dolphins - loss. Chargers - loss. Bengals - loss. Jaguars - loss. Falcons - loss. :(

Wherever everyone else wants to go :grouphug:

Just my $.02, but Kickstand pays for the rights to be called the Hometown Bar of the Redskins here, so I think if you're gonna give anyone in town some business it should be them. It is a nice place and I think the ES member who used to own Picasso's here knows the guy who owns that place.

I've never seen us win at an away game.

Dolphins - loss. Chargers - loss. Bengals - loss. Jaguars - loss. Falcons - loss. :(

Sadly, this has been my experience at away games as well (@ TEN, when they still played in Memphis, @NO, @TB, @ CAR, @ATL.......) Here's to an end to the streak!:cheers::cheers:

Sadly, this has been my experience at away games as well (@ TEN, when they still played in Memphis, @NO, @TB, @ CAR, @ATL.......) Here's to an end to the streak!:cheers::cheers:

Dallas '03 - Loss, Dallas '04 - Loss, Tampa '05 (Playoffs) - Win, Seattle (Playoffs) - Loss, Cincy - Loss, Carolina - Loss

Archived