Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carolina Panthers Tailgate 10/23/2011 (REDSKIN FAN INVASION!!!)

superozman

TK - i actually told my GF id bring this up on the forum to see if anyone else is imterested. We have to be in the area until 10 that mor ing then we r going to jet down the highway. Where will you be leaving from?

Leaving out of Roanoke. From here,if you're rolling, its about 3.5 hours. That's taking 81S to 77S. You're prolly about 4 hours North of here. Keep in mind that when you hit the Daleville/Troutville exit area where it drops down to 55, State Troopers run that stretch pretty hard, though they'll give you about 9 miles over before they pull you over.

Yes they do...****S!!!!!! Luckily we haven't had a problem...yet...lol

Its pretty much that stretch all the way to about Salem. Then you have to hope no one breaks down or wrecks on the way up the mountain towards Christiansburg. After that, it's hammer down time. :movefast:

We plan to get there around 3pm on Sat. Be good to see you again kid.

Just got the tickets in the mail today! We are in section 110, row 5, seats 3,4,5. Bringing Sweetpea and her son Daniel. Sweetpea is as diehard a Skin's fan as myself but Daniel loves the Panthers and Giants:silly:

We are getting to Charlotte on Saturday morning but we are going to the Rennaisance festival in Huntersville all day.

Since we are staying at the Hilton(just around the corner from the Westin) we want to hook up with any ES'ers Saturday night.

Will there be a group getting together Sat. night? If so, will we be sporting jerseys?

Hail

Just got the tickets in the mail today! We are in section 110, row 5, seats 3,4,5. Bringing Sweetpea and her son Daniel. Sweetpea is as diehard a Skin's fan as myself but Daniel loves the Panthers and Giants:silly:

We are getting to Charlotte on Saturday morning but we are going to the Rennaisance festival in Huntersville all day.

Since we are staying at the Hilton(just around the corner from the Westin) we want to hook up with any ES'ers Saturday night.

Will there be a group getting together Sat. night? If so, will we be sporting jerseys?

Hail

Always wear your Redskins gear, you need to let folks know who you are.

OK, daughter (9) and I will attend, and would love to TG with ES'ers (I have never met any of you!)

We are getting dropped off, so wont have a car to put gear in.

What should we bring to contribute? (Can I stick some drinks in someone's cooler possibly?) We will bring whatever the group wants as long as we can carry it in and leave it.

What is the address for where the TG is happening and at what time?

BTW, nose bleeders for us, 537 row 27

I am still trying to decide whether I am going or not. I would love to, but money is a little tight. I honestly had given up on it, but I am reconsidering it as the game gets closer. I am gradually shifting toward going, so by this time next week, I will probably have tickets :)

We'll see. I am going out of town for a wedding this weekend, and if I have any money left when I get back, I just may spend it on tickets.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 10:46 AM ----------

We'll be getting into town Sat morning to pick up a few of our peeps at the airport. I am starting to plan a get together Sat night for anyone that would like to come out. We had one in Nashville last year and was a lot of fun. Looking for somewhere in the uptown area since it sounds like most of us are staying in the downtown area. We went to Wild Wing Cafe last time, and it's a short walk from the Westin and Marriott hotels. Also looking at maybe doing it at Rock Bottom Brewery, does anyone that lives in Charlotte or that visits there often have any insight or advice?

Rock Bottom is OK, but it is kind of low key. It just depends on what you are looking for. There is a Fox & Hound sports bar right across the street from there that is pretty good, and as IONTOP mentioned, there are quite a few bars at the EpiCenter. I usually end up at BlackFinn or Howl at the Moon, the piano bar on the upper level...I tend not to go to Whisky River these days, it gets a little annoying sometimes. Dixie's Tavern is always fun too, it is a few blocks down from Rock Bottom and there is a bar called Icehouse that I have been going to every once in a while that is a few blocks from uptown. There is a ton of stuff that is relatively close together. I am not quite sure what my plans are for the weekend just yet, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Saturday night - it just got better! The Flyers play the Hurricanes, so I'll be having an extremely amazing ANTI-CAROLINA WEEKEND!

So i may have to sport the Flyers jersey instead of a skins jersey that night, probably have the game on (If there is a meet and greet Sat).

I'd recommend NOT wearing jerseys to SOME of these places or you'll be out of place. Fox and Hound or Wild Wing Cafe is different since they are legit sports bars.

i'll be up there Friday evening thru Monday morning/afternoon with the gf. anyone at the aloft saturday night?

I'd recommend NOT wearing jerseys to SOME of these places or you'll be out of place. Fox and Hound or Wild Wing Cafe is different since they are legit sports bars.

Actually, with the amount of people that will probably come representing the Skins, for that night, the locals will be out of place! :silly:

hopefully no one is paying these ridiculous prices for tickets right now, either. $70-80 for tix in the upper endzones is ridiculous. just hold off and they will go down in price.

plus, just look at some pictures from games this season. not even CLOSE to being 80% full. I know we travel a lot better than Saints fans, but if you look at the crowd during the middle of that game, you can tell there are plenty of empty seats. I'll wait til an hour before kick if i have to.

Actually, with the amount of people that will probably come representing the Skins, for that night, the locals will be out of place! :silly:

I will be attending as well. Tickets are section 111, row 3, which I believe is right behind the Redskins bench. I actually have a 2nd ticket and nobody has claimed it yet. I'm trying to find a 'Skins fan to go with me, but the only people I know locally are fans of opposing teams. Also, instead of posting what I am bringing, can I take requests to help fill out items that nobody else is bringing? I will def be bringing a cooler with beer and water and whatnot, and probably some snacks, but I can pick stuff up that is needed. Anybody can let me know and I'll do what I can. Hail 'Skins!!

Indeed. Plus, there are plenty of Skins fans in Charlotte, so I would not worry about being out of place. I always have people coming up and talking to me whenever I am wearing something Skins related, so I would not worry about it.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 11:35 AM ----------

I will be attending as well. Tickets are section 111, row 3, which I believe is right behind the Redskins bench. I actually have a 2nd ticket and nobody has claimed it yet.

PM sent...just for curiosity.:) I'd likely be interested if you are still looking.

Newest Redskins bar in town is called Kickstand and is located on Central Ave. just north/west of Hawthorne Ln. Just a couple minutes out of downtown, take 7th St. south, a left on Kings Dr. (across street from Memorial Stadium/CPCC) Kings Dr. becomes Central Ave. and Kickstand is on the left about 1/2-1 mile. It shares a building with a mexican restaurant named Loco Lime.

Newest Redskins bar in town is called Kickstand and is located on Central Ave. just north/west of Hawthorne Ln. Just a couple minutes out of downtown, take 7th St. south, a left on Kings Dr. (across street from Memorial Stadium/CPCC) Kings Dr. becomes Central Ave. and Kickstand is on the left about 1/2-1 mile. It shares a building with a mexican restaurant named Loco Lime.

I did not know Kickstand was a Redskins place. Interesting...I have heard good things about it, but I have never been there.

If I remember correctly, you hosted the gathering at Picasso's a few years back. Are you still involved with it?

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 11:45 AM ----------

I'm curious to know how high gas prices are in Charlotte.

3.33-3.43 range.

Luckily, I live near the S.C. line and it is around .10-.20 less there.

We're about 10-20 less here as well. Last week I watched the station behind work bounce from 3.09 down to 2.84 & back up to 3.19. :doh:

I started to cancel my room at the Marriott for the Westin but the Westin is about 65 bucks more. So for the price of 3/4 a tank of gas, I'm keeping the room at the Marriott.

Archived