Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carolina Panthers Tailgate 10/23/2011 (REDSKIN FAN INVASION!!!)

superozman

The only bad part is from exit 49-58 it is only 2 lanes in each direction on 85 (From 3 or 4) and it gets bottlenecked like hell on 85 with both football and mall traffic (They've got one of the Mills malls at exit 49 plus the speedway is also that exit) There's really no good way to get around it, unless you plan on taking US29 but I think that would take just about the same amount of time due to traffic lights and whatnot.

Taking 29 isnt such a bad idea... That just may work if I need it

The only bad part is from exit 49-58 it is only 2 lanes in each direction on 85 (From 3 or 4) and it gets bottlenecked like hell on 85 with both football and mall traffic (They've got one of the Mills malls at exit 49 plus the speedway is also that exit) There's really no good way to get around it, unless you plan on taking US29 but I think that would take just about the same amount of time due to traffic lights and whatnot.

Don't take US29 its brutal. I tried that once :)

***ATTENTION THOSE LOOKING FOR FACE VALUE TICKETS***

I am posting these for a friend. They have 6 tickets together in 554 (South Endzone), row 21. Asking $50 each. (Face Value is $52). And if you are wondering, tickets on StubHub in this section are going for $176 a ticket. Reply with quote to this post, or feel free to PM me. Thanks

Edit- They are willing to break up the tickets in groups of 2

Edit #2- 2 tickets are sold. 4 left...

Don't take US29 its brutal. I tried that once :)

I'm just talking about for this 19 mile stretch (I meant to put from exit 49-exit68 is only 2 lanes). I used to live at exit 71 so I know the area well... If you take exit 49, take a right, then a left at Charlotte Motor Speedway you can take 29 North to China Grove and at China Grove is where 29 dead ends to the 4 lane 85...

I'll ask my coworker how bad traffic was last week (he went to the Saints game) and get back to you if it's a viable option.

I'm just talking about for this 19 mile stretch (I meant to put from exit 49-exit68 is only 2 lanes). I used to live at exit 71 so I know the area well... If you take exit 49, take a right, then a left at Charlotte Motor Speedway you can take 29 North to China Grove and at China Grove is where 29 dead ends to the 4 lane 85...

I'll ask my coworker how bad traffic was last week (he went to the Saints game) and get back to you if it's a viable option.

I had to go from Charlotte to Charlottesville VA once and took 29 oh man what a pain that was

***ATTENTION THOSE LOOKING FOR FACE VALUE TICKETS***

I am posting these for a friend. They have 6 tickets together in 554 (South Endzone), row 21. Asking $50 each. (Face Value is $52). And if you are wondering, tickets on StubHub in this section are going for $176 a ticket. Reply with quote to this post, or feel free to PM me. Thanks

Edit- They are willing to break up the tickets in groups of 2

tix around that section have been going for $30 on CL, tho. and closer to field.

tix around that section have been going for $30 on CL, tho. and closer to field.

Thats true but it seems like everytime I email someone on CL about the cheap tickets I never get a reply.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 07:55 PM ----------

Im going up on Saturday and coming back Sunday after the game..I expect to be home by 12 or 1.

Game traffic may be bad, but the I95 corridor from Richmond to DC at night is no where as bad as daytime, They should make up some time on the way home due to the late hours. The 6.5 hours was in a truck hauling a heavy trailer, car should be faster than that.
After giving it some more thought, I think you're right. He should make it in that time frame.

Hope you guys have a great time, both at the game and at the gathering. Who knows, maybe some day I'll make an appearance.:)

After giving it some more thought, I think you're right. He should make it in that time frame.

Hope you guys have a great time, both at the game and at the gathering. Who knows, maybe some day I'll make an appearance.:)

Get your ass here then... lol

BTW for Craigslist I really only pay attention to "Tickets - By Owner" and ones that have phone numbers. If they've got phone numbers they mean business, first come first serve. Luckily I'm in an area where people have tickets and don't want to drive the 1.75 hours there so I'm kind of at an advantage but if they've got a phone number see if you can pick them up on Saturday or something.

HAIL!

holy hell... took forever to get here!

Long time fan, first time poster and might i mention... FIRST REDSKINS GAME EVER???? i'm really stoked!!!!! i believe we're in section 523... would have liked better seats but the money i won via the nigerian lottery has yet to come through! purchased parking in above mentioned area...

i am waaaaaay more excited about this than a grown man should be...

HAIL!

holy hell... took forever to get here!

Long time fan, first time poster and might i mention... FIRST REDSKINS GAME EVER???? i'm really stoked!!!!! i believe we're in section 523... would have liked better seats but the money i won via the nigerian lottery has yet to come through! purchased parking in above mentioned area...

i am waaaaaay more excited about this than a grown man should be...

Make sure you go to the Pep Rally and the tailgate, its not Redskins Football unless you attend those, especially the tailgate.

If anyone needs tickets, send me an email to nadams@essexrichards.com. I have a couple coworkers that will sell their tickets for face value. I am happy to arrange it. Also, a couple of you have taken me up on it already, but for the rest of you, my offer still stands. Although I am a Redskins season ticketholder, I live in Charlotte, so send me an email if you need any hotel, restaurant, bar, etc. suggestions or any directions. As for the tailgate, I will bring some items, including Redskins cornhole. HTTR!!!!

alright OP- Can bring the little 1kW Honda if we will have a use for it and also a 6ft table. Gonna leave the canopy at home. Will bring some sort of food but not sure what, yet.

Thanks! I will let you know if people are requesting it or if it is not needed.

And Scrapple was on SALE! Got 4 LBS!!!

Make sure you go to the Pep Rally and the tailgate, its not Redskins Football unless you attend those, especially the tailgate.

Pep Rally as well. I talked to Larry on Sunday, he said there was about 500 people that showed up to the one in Dallas.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 09:22 PM ----------

looks like a head count of about 62 now for the Pep Rally....

redskinsrally_charlotte.gif

Superoz- Rappa? man i love that stuff!!!

so what else can this first timer bring??? definitely going to try and make it to The Kickstand with 3 others!

Bring for the tailgate? What you feel you can donate to it! Look at the list, see what we need, and pick something good!

Sounds like it should be an awesome tailgate... I've got a few friends coming (but I don't know how reliable that info is)... They'll probably text me at 12 saying they're about to get off the exit and show up as we're packing up to get into the game...

They don't know how we tailgate... lol

Archived