Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who gets the starting RB nod in 2 weeks?

Mocountyskins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

hightower just doesnt have good vision, torain should start with helu spelling him. They are clearly the better runners. you can alternate helu and Ht on 3rd down plays, but HT shouldnt be the feature back the way he always stretches the play to the sideline all the time

Hightower will keep it but Ryan will be ready if he's not producing. Ryan will be great as that guy you can go to when you need a spark in the running game. I love the way he runs, but I don't think he can be "the man" without getting injured. Having him ready as a reserve though is huge.

Torain wins by a landslide. He is clearly best back we had. I thought he proved this last year? I guess Torain will have to prove himself again this year. Not sure why everybody has a man crush on Hightower?(Sighs)

This. What bleepin' game were some other posters watching. If you start with Hightower, you're just WASTING drives for the most part. Now, that doesn't mean he can't be out there for the first play, it depends on what they're trying to do but Torain just CONTINUED what he was capable of last year. Hightower should have had greatly reduced in carries LAST week. In fact, assuming Ryan was healthy last week, he would have won us the game, the difference is THAT vast.

And we still have Evan Royster on the practice squad!!

Exactly! We may not have an Adrian Peterson or an Arian Foster but we have 3 guys that in Shanahan's system can probably rush for 100 yards in a game individually (maybe 4 if you have faith in Penn State's all-time leading rusher). Fresh legs are such an asset to a good run game.

We have 3 very capable RB's that can carry the ball. I will let the coach make that decision and keep the Eagles in the dark.

For sure, if you just mean who is out there at FIRST but the primary back should be Torain, with healthy dose of Helu. Hightower's YPC is waaaay below the other two, and you can't argue that it's a different line that's out there.

I like Hightower and Helu, but I can't see any way you DON'T go with Torain. I mean, he was steamrolling the Rams defence. If we had just kept riding the Train instead of those stupid pass plays, we would probably have won 24-3 or some such. Kyle needs to pull a Gibbs, and play to our strengths. We have the potential of being an unstoppable team on the ground, if we'd just stick with it.

I still have doubts about Torain, but after today you have to give him his shot.

I don't think it really matter who is the so-called "starter". Since we have 3 good running backs, we need to play whoever has the hot hand. They all have their strengths, and Tim Hightower is the best we have at pass protection and receiving, so he will see a good amount of plays no matter what. Torian played well enough to get some snaps in the upcoming games, but if he struggles, he will lose some of those carries. I must say, this is a great problem to have. We don't have the best situation for a fantasy football backfield, but we have a very good backfield to win some football games.

Its obvious tht there will be a RB contraversy during the off week. Who wins the job for the eagles game? Hightower has played like trash the last three weeks and he had Helu right behind him the last 2 weeks and now Torain comes back and blows them both out of the water.
With the nature of that position, and the way the Shanahans handle it. There'll be no controversy where it matters. The RBs and team understand Mike goes with the hot RB, and everybody else will get their chance to shine like ATV did this sunday.

Archived