Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who gets the starting RB nod in 2 weeks?

Mocountyskins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Hightower has been very underwhelming so far this season. He rarely ever makes it to the second level and doesn't seem to have much explosiveness. During the second and third game it was refreshing to watch Helu come in and shake things up. Helu had the vision to cut back and the speed/shiftyness to get some great runs in. Plus, Helu has never EVER fumbled the ball. Then Torain came in today. Boy, what a great runner he is. Blows the other two out of the water. Dude can cut back, get some speed and truck right through a linebacker or a safety.

That said, I think Hightower will get the nod after the bye.

The existence of this thread is kind of funny; less than two weeks ago there was a poll on here about when Torain would be cut. I'm confused why all of a sudden people think "oh hey, this guy is pretty good...?!" I start to wonder if anyone watched last season. He was the leading rusher last year.... he showed great vision, and I personally loved when he trucked and completely bulldozed the former Eagle Quintin Mykell last year. (look it up on youtube...) His only problem is that he's injury prone....All that aside let me answer the question......Hightower starts......but we've got 3 solid running backs...Helu kind of reminds me of a young Portis....and Torain is just a beast.

who cares?

We have 3 very capable RB's that can carry the ball. I will let the coach make that decision and keep the Eagles in the dark.

I like that our coach will just stick with who's working the best. It would awesome if we have three guys who all contribute throughout the year. I assume our staff will know who should get more touches based on the game plan and the match ups...

Why oh why do people still want hightower to start? Torain once again shows how shanny's running game is supposed to look.

I don't want Hightower to start per se. Hell, I drafted Torain in my fantasy league and had him sitting on my bench today. That said, I think that Shanny would go back to Hightower after the bye. You can't really call him the bonafide starter and then pull the rug out from under him like that. Torain is definitely the best running back on this team for this scheme though, I'll tell you that.

Same thing I've said as well. He can run the stretch but has problems hitting the inside holes & exploding through them.

torain and helu have excellent vision and see the holes develop and hit them with explosiveness. I like hightower in the sense he reminds me alot of portis when it comes to pass pro

---------- Post added October-2nd-2011 at 09:19 PM ----------

I don't think it really matter who is the so-called "starter". Since we have 3 good running backs, we need to play whoever has the hot hand. They all have their strengths, and Tim Hightower is the best we have at pass protection and receiving, so he will see a good amount of plays no matter what. Torian played well enough to get some snaps in the upcoming games, but if he struggles, he will lose some of those carries. I must say, this is a great problem to have. We don't have the best situation for a fantasy football backfield, but we have a very good backfield to win some football games.

i agree that HT is best at pass pro, but helu is easily as good a receiver as HT

I dont care who starts or finishs the game.. We have a three headed monster going on rite now.

That seems to be the consensus.

I'm perfectly happy with RBBC, people claiming that "oh, they're just system backs", and winning games.

Heck, maybe Shanny can make it a lottery. Whoever gets the most (yardage/points/carries without a fumble/whatever) is the one that gets introduced.

Still have to give it to Hightower. I was impressed with Torain, but you're not going to yank a guy for another guy who had a hot game. Shanahan likes to feed the hot hand, but you have to come back with Hightower starting and mix it up again. To me, any of these guys could start for my team if I had one. Put the situation before the name on the jersey, guys.

The wide 9 technique that the Eagles are using is just begging for us to run up the gut on them. I dont care who starts but the Train Torain is gonna kill them. That defense is so exposed against Torain. Their LB's are weaker than their DL and their DL is spread so thin that i could get positive yardage against them.

The wide 9 technique that the Eagles are using is just begging for us to run up the gut on them. I dont care who starts but the Train Torain is gonna kill them. That defense is so exposed against Torain. Their LB's are weaker than their DL and their DL is spread so thin that i could get positive yardage against them.

I've seen commentators, though, who say that that D looks easy to run against, but that many teams find that it isn't.

I HOPE we can pound the ball against them. But I'm not predicting anything.

honestly it looks like they are going to switch it up every week. depending on who has the hot hand. which is very smart and hard to coach against. any one of them can get hot quickly and i think they should continue to keep rotating all of them efficiently. that being sad should not change the lineup because it is working. these backs are going to be fresh and good late in the season when defenses ware down. love it. love it. love it.

don't change a thing. Get Hightower to start, tire them out and hit them with Helu and Ryan.

Exactly. Anybody remember how effective Marion Barber was BEFORE he "started". After taking over starter duties, he was nowhere near as effective. On top of that, RT's ability to stay healthy has been a concern. To make him the "starter" would simply be poor management.

I love this....you have 3 guys who can run it and one of them will come up and have a big day. It totally ****s up fantasy football and the D gameplanning. You prepared for the hard runner Torrain and then in the second half, Helu comes with his quick cuts and makes you change your strategie.....couple of plays later Hightower starts running, need to chance it again. It is just so difficult to play against different type of runners. North-South, East-West, Power, Speed, Inside, Outside, Left, Right...we have it all.

About the nickname: MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder.

Its obvious tht there will be a RB contraversy during the off week. Who wins the job for the eagles game? Hightower has played like trash the last three weeks and he had Helu right behind him the last 2 weeks and now Torain comes back and blows them both out of the water.

NO controversy three capable running backs is an absolute luxury...,THANK GOD for it!!!

Based on Sunday's performance Torain deserves the start he ran violently and I LOVED IT :D But I love our rb situation and am relieved that any one of them could give the team a much needed spark.;

I think you can start either Hightower or Torrain. Torrain's main issue is injuries so rotating the backs makes a lot of sense. Hightower has never had to carry the ball as much as he has this year so perhaps he needs the rests as well. And to be fair to the other RBs, running at Dallas (now the top ranked run defense in the NFL after 4 games) was hard work compared to running at the Rams (ranked last in run defense).

The Eagles by the way are almost as bad at stopping the run as the Rams. The trick is not to fall so far behind you have to pass.

don't change a thing. Get Hightower to start, tire them out and hit them with Helu and Ryan.

The only thing that Hightower tires out is me as a fan. Im tired of watching him miss his reads, slip and run into his own lineman for 2 yards a pop.

Now if you want to wear down a defense, start Torain.

I am the biggest TIm Hightower supporter on here...with that said. RYAN TORAIN SHOULD START AND SEE THE MAJORITY OF CARRIES.

Tim lost something after the preseason - he was getting the system, making cuts, and hitting hard. Now, what the heck is wrong with him?

Tim Hightower is better than this. I was so mad when they pulled him out - but i was mad at him for sucking so bad.

TORAIN easy.

Its been 4 weeks guys. Hightower has run hard too. Its not about which individual player looks better in terms of starting, it's how the UNIT looks.

I'll be surprised if Shanahan makes a switch. Hightower should start, with Helu backing him up, and Torain getting his first snap late in the first quarter after Helu gets his. Rotate backs, whoever is hot, ride them through the finish.

Archived