Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who gets the starting RB nod in 2 weeks?

Mocountyskins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

To answer the OP I have no idea who'll start.

I think Hightower should start because I still think Hightower is better.

Torain's production benefitted greatly from getting the bulk of carries against a bad defense.

I think all 3 backs are capable and different.

And for me I'm more worried about if Kyle will stick to the run more then who will run.

Torain must get majority of the carries agains philly based on his game last year in philly where he had over 100 yards in the first half. Eagles run D is even worse than last year.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 01:11 PM ----------

I watched a lot of broncos games back in the late 90's, torain is the runner that most resembles the old bronco's backs that made shanahan famous. ANd when I say resembles, i'm talking about running style and build.

To answer the OP I have no idea who'll start.

I think Hightower should start because I still think Hightower is better.

Torain's production benefitted greatly from getting the bulk of carries against a bad defense.

Seriously with this? Torain's production benefited from being a flat out better runner than Hightower & Helu. It could not have been more obvious yesterday.

Seriously with this? Torain's production benefited from being a flat out better runner than Hightower & Helu. It could not have been more obvious yesterday.

Yeah, I'm not sure what anyone has seen this year (for the most part) that indicates that Hightower is better right now than Torain OR Helu, except in pass pro. I really don't get the recurring theme that we should continue to go with an ineffective 2 ypc running back when an effective one is right there. That does NOT mean you run Torain 25 times or don't go with THT if he's improving his vision and cutting back. But it does mean that Torain showed in one game what a real running back would look like in this offense (minus some really good running by Helu.) There is a reason Helu and Torain's YPC are much higher than Hightower's and that reason is NOT that THT is somehow better.

I think it depends on what type of situation, or game plan we have going...personally this is a great problem to have. Torain is definetly more suited for our run scheme, but Hightower is better on passing downs, and as a reciver. We do not know what Helu truly is yet, and wont know until he gets some more game time.

I am still not 100% sold on Torain yet, it was one game, against a crap team, and he has proven that he can not play a whole season as he is super injury prone.

Depending on what our offensive gameplan is against each team should determine who gets the start, and it should also be situation based (as it is right now)

who cares?

We have 3 very capable RB's that can carry the ball. I will let the coach make that decision and keep the Eagles in the dark.

Exactly. A "starter" might be out the next two series. I think Mr Shanahan has a knack for motivating each of the RB's. This isn't about winning fantasy football, it's about winning games. And, hey, we are 3-1!

I've seen commentators, though, who say that that D looks easy to run against, but that many teams find that it isn't.

I HOPE we can pound the ball against them. But I'm not predicting anything.

Well 5.3YPC and 139.5YPG says otherwise. They've played some good running teams though. Rams, Falcons, Giants, and 49ers.And soon to be the Redskins. I'm looking forward to this game more than i was the Dallas game. Cant wait to exploit that wide 9 and beat the team i hate the most.

Is Eagle considered poultry?

Before anyone reads this can you please make a new thread of this for me because for some reason I can't post new threads and entitle it : I GIVE UP

I give up.

I have been a cowboys fan since i was 5 years old. I have tried so many times to stick it out with Romo sits to pee

Well Mr Clutch, Mr Meltdown, etc... does it again. As soon as he threw that first pick for six I started to get the old feeling back -- you know the one --where Tony blows the game. Of course it's a team sport so he had a lot of help. Like the offensive coordinator and head coach Jason Garrett. Why with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter (with a 24 point lead) do you call sideline pass plays and why would Tony ever think he is good enough to pass into double coverage? They already had a fairly decent running game established. They should have just ran the ball down Detroits throat until they figured out a way to stop them. But no, Garrett lets good old Tony start slinging the ball around and those two pick six's brought life back into Detroit. I realize that we don't have any better options at this time than Tony but with luck someone in the Cowboys organization will start thinking about drafting a Quarterback. Romo sits to pee isn't a starting Quarterback but he would make an OK backup or third string Quarterback. Jerry Jones, it's time to start thinking about the team and not Romo sits to pee's feelings...

Im so sick of Jerry Jones defending him and Jason Garrett saying " We beleive in Tony this team beleieves in Tony" JUST STOP im DONE.

Atleast when the Eagles lost yesterday this is what Andy Reid said:

"It was terrible coaching and we played bad, it was a terrible coaching performance"

Mike Vick went on to say "It's something I need to do better I take the blame"

Romo sits to pee can't even say "I'm sorry to the fan's Im sorry for blowing this... not once.. unreal. Im DONE.

I CANT WATCH A TEAM WITH A DELUSIONAL OWNER ANYMORE.. HE IS WORSE THAN AL DAVIS

“There’s no issue about faith in Romo sits to pee in any place in this organization, period. Any place. There’s no issue regarding Tony,” Jones said. “I had all the confidence in the world on the last drive that he gives us the best chance to go down and score a touchdown. Didn’t get it done, but we have a lot of faith in Romo sits to pee.”

"As Romo sits to pee goes We go"

Well guess what? Not me.

Redskins fans can complain all they want about 5-11 season or 6-10 season the past 6 years...

Well guess what having a mediocore team and not having 1 playoff win and boched snaps in Seattle and the chokes by Romo sits to pee vs philadelphia to get in the playoffs couple years ago.. Seattle.. Minnesota... IS 10 TIMES WORSE... gives us ****ty draft picks and rips your heart out.

I'm done I'm following the Redskins now... I can't take it anymore... Just out of spite to Jerry and Tony, its going to be so hard to quit on the team I have loved for 20 years but I just can't take it.... as much as I hate doing this...

I GIVE UP The Redskins FANS are 100% right YOU WIN I GIVE UP

I have already thrown out all of my cowboys gear.. 1000's of dollars worth of stuff after the press conferences last night...

I speak on behalf of most cowboys fans... but I'm willing to give in and give in to the redskins.

Exactly. A "starter" might be out the next two series. I think Mr Shanahan has a knack for motivating each of the RB's. This isn't about winning fantasy football, it's about winning games. And, hey, we are 3-1!

It is about having a plan. NOT, lets try options 1 and 2 for 3 qrts and THEN try #3 to get a "spark". Wont be able to pull THAT off w/ better teams.

Holy crow, 30% of people voted for Torain not to start.

Think of this: If torain gained 91 yards in his next 49 carries and never saw the endzone he would be MORE productive then Hightower.

Hightower collects dust on the bench and Helu gets his token 4 carries a game.

Ride the Torain to the playoffs folks.

More food for thought:

Game 1 :Huge turnovers by the Giants allowed us the build the lead, thus the ineffective run game went unnoticed.

Game 2: We couldn't run out the clock with the lead, the fumble by Zona sealed it and the ineffective run game goes unnoticed.

Game 3: We couldn't run out the clock with the lead. The fumble by Grossman is the scapegoat and the ineffective run game goes unnoticed.

Game 4: Torain runs out the clock in a 1 possesion game.

Notice the trend? An unlucky bounce or two and we are 1-3, EASILY. Why? The running game.

Torain is the only answer, we have tried the rest.

Helu and Hightower BOTH received opportunites on Sunday so you can't say "well they have a soft defense. 14 rushes and 40 yards between the two.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 03:20 PM ----------

It is about having a plan. NOT, lets try options 1 and 2 for 3 qrts and THEN try #3 to get a "spark". Wont be able to pull THAT off w/ better teams.

Correct, he was experimenting, the experiment is over.

Holy crow, 30% of people voted for Torain not to start.

Think of this: If torain gained 91 yards in his next 49 carries and never saw the endzone he would be MORE productive then Hightower.

Hightower collects dust on the bench and Helu gets his token 4 carries a game.

Ride the Torain to the playoffs folks.

More food for thought:

Game 1 :Huge turnovers by the Giants allowed us the build the lead, thus the ineffective run game went unnoticed.

Game 2: We couldn't run out the clock with the lead, the fumble by Zona sealed it and the ineffective run game goes unnoticed.

Game 3: We couldn't run out the clock with the lead. The fumble by Grossman is the scapegoat and the ineffective run game goes unnoticed.

Game 4: Torain runs out the clock in a 1 possesion game.

Notice the trend? An unlucky bounce or two and we are 1-3, EASILY. Why? The running game.

Torain is the only answer, we have tried the rest.

Helu and Hightower BOTH received opportunites on Sunday so you can't say "well they have a soft defense. 14 rushes and 40 yards between the two.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 03:20 PM ----------

Correct, he was experimenting, the experiment is over.

:applause:

Archived