Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX: U.S. Born Terror Boss Anwar Al-Awlaki Killed

SkinsGuy

So the President can declare a citizen a terrorist and kill him and you're okay with that. Why do you blindly trust the Presidency?

ahhh, yeah dude you're looking WAAAAAAAY to far into this, he was a terrorist that was hiding in Yemen. Besides letting him get away, what other options did we have?

I would like to see the Justice Department's memo that gave authorization to carry out this attack. I think the case can be made that being an active member of Al-Queda who has collaborated with and assisted persons attempting actual terrorist acts against U.S. citizens is strong evidence a person is an enemy combatant, regardless of whether he is also a U.S. citizen.

So the President can declare a citizen a terrorist and kill him and you're okay with that. Why do you blindly trust the Presidency?

Why does the 'citizen' element particularly concern you?

Do you have less concern about killing Canadians without trial?

Honestly don't care if he was an American citizen or not. They had the intelligence to prove he has been actively orchestrating terrorist attacks against the US. He was extremely proactive in recruiting others to kill Americans anyway possible. Taking him out saved innocent lives and I hope we keep it up. He waged war against this country and that's what he gets... serves him right PERIOD

Why does the 'citizen' element particularly concern you?

Do you have less concern about killing Canadians without trial?

Realistically, yes because if this was an issue than the Canadian government could get involved. Essentially, you'd be involving another party, which decreases the error of issues with mistakes/abuse of power.

Question for the folks claiming that there is no slippery slope with the President having the authority to order the assination of people.

A year from now, Obama does the same thing to a higher-up in MS13.

Y'all cool with that?

Question for the folks claiming that there is no slippery slope with the President having the authority to order the assination of people.

A year from now, Obama does the same thing to a higher-up in MS13.

Y'all cool with that?

yea if they put the general american population in danger

Realistically, yes because if this was an issue than the Canadian government could get involved. Essentially, you'd be involving another party, which decreases the error of issues with mistakes/abuse of power.

How about a country without diplomatic clout?

yea if they put the general american population in danger

Define your term.

Near as I can tell, drunk drivers put the general American population in danger. So do people who drive while on the cell phone, and tobacco company executives.

Is that what you're talking about?

You earn the right of American citizen if you obey the principles and values of this country. Else, that term is thrown out the window. I don't care if he is a so called American citizen. His actions didn't display that

Sorry, not the way it works. You earn the right of American citizens by being an American citizen. You maintain those rights until are convicted in a court of law

But here's my question: Do your rights as an American citizen extend outside of the country?

Archived