Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX: U.S. Born Terror Boss Anwar Al-Awlaki Killed

SkinsGuy

SANAA, Yemen – Terror mastermind and senior Al-Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki has been killed, a senior U.S. official confirms.

The government of the Republic of Yemen has also released an official statement confirming Awlaki's death.

The Yemeni government said Awlaki was targeted and killed about five miles from the town of Khashef in the Province of Jawf.

Click link for the rest of the article:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/30/us-born-terror-boss-anwar-al-awlaki-killed/#ixzz1ZQphSSEB

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/30/us-born-terror-boss-anwar-al-awlaki-killed/

Good riddance.

After the slap in he face in 2001, the intelligence community has been doing a rather amazing job of ridding the world the refuse that is hate mongers.

I was especially surprised about the CIA/Defense marriage of leadership during tough times, that common sense is refreshing.

A couple of things.

This dude used to live in Virginia and went to a mosque in Falls Church.

He was the # 1 al-Qaeda’s guy in Yemen which is probably the most active al-Qaeda cell in the world. This is a big deal.

To be clear he wasn't the #1 AQ in Yemen but he likely was the most dangerous.

Nice job! Obama and co. have done a really good job at taking these guys out.

Checking twitter though brings up some fascinating points.

Interestingly enough most Yeminis seem to have never heard of him.

The ones that have generally don't care or assume that Saleh has been using him and al qaida to scare the west into supporting him.

My hometowns claim to fame. I knew a lot of kids in that same set of university housing while I was growing up, wonder if I ever saw him? Glad I won't get the chance anymore. The drones are costing us political capital in a lot of places but no one can question their effectiveness.

While it sounds great that we killed a terrorist, don't forget he was an American citizen and it should concern everyone that our government assassinated an american citizen without a trial.

Also, if he was so dangerous, why didn't we incarcerate him when he had lunch at the Pentagon shortly after 9/11?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/21/national/main6978200.shtml

What the?

And for that matter, why didn't we arrest Lee Harvey Oswald before he shot JFK? Would have saved us a lot of trouble.

And if we abort all Muslims in the womb, it would reduce the number who become radical Islamists.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 12:49 PM ----------

don't forget he was an American citizen and it should concern everyone that our government assassinated an american citizen without a trial.

I agree in principle. But given the actual circumstances, how concerned should we be?

I was on the way to the john at 2 a.m. out here when this was "breaking news" coming on the tube, and I was barely awake, but I smiled.

And Rediskin Diehard, that was a reach that Kareem Abdul Jabbar would have envied. ;)

BTW, when this dead clown was an "Imam" in CA he was picked up for solicitation of prostitutes. Terminal hypocrisy is not exclusive to any religion.

Archived