Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SlashGear: Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus LAUNCHES

Sticksboi05

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/10/galaxy-nexus-verizon-later-this-year.html

The Galaxy Nexus smart phone is heading to Verizon sometime "later this year," the company said in a news release today.

When exactly is later this year and how much will it cost? Verizon, Samsung and Google haven't said as of yet, but as soon as we get a solid release date and price, we'll let you know on the Technology blog.

The Galaxy Nexus, developed jointly by Samsung and Google, is be the first smart phone available that runs on Ice Cream Sandwich, Google's latest version of the Android operating system. And the new phone is to run a "pure" version of Android -- meaning no software additions or changes to the user interface from Samsung or Verizon, as most smart phones have.

Google and Samsung unveiled the new Galaxy Nexus and Android Ice Cream Sandwich in Hong Kong last week.

The new phone features a 4.65-inch touchscreen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, a 1.2-gigahertz dual-core processor, 1 gigabyte of RAM, a 5-megapixel rear camera capable of shooting 1080p video and a 1.3-megapixel camera on the front for video chatting.

I have to make a difficult call.

I have Tmobile and my phone is rapidly crashing hard. 1 yr left on contract

I need to either re-up with tmobile and get the Gal s2 or the nexus prime, or wait it out and change carriers completely. My Tmobile coverage is very shaky in this area too, but their data plan pricing is second to none.

decisions, decisions!

Will Verizon load a bunch of crap on it like mine Samsung charge?

One thing I'll say about Apple, they don't want carrier crapware on their phones.

iphone 5 or this decisions decisions.

Nexus phones run vanilla Android (ie: No bloat).

Wait, so there is a difference between the Nexus Prime and the Droid Prime? I always thought they were code words for the same thing.

The Droid Prime is Verizon's version of the phone.

I have to make a difficult call.

I have Tmobile and my phone is rapidly crashing hard. 1 yr left on contract

I need to either re-up with tmobile and get the Gal s2 or the nexus prime, or wait it out and change carriers completely. My Tmobile coverage is very shaky in this area too, but their data plan pricing is second to none.

decisions, decisions!

Hopefully in light of your not-so-distant trials and tribulations, this will seem minor :D

http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/10/06/verizon-exclusive-samsung-galaxy-nexus-gets-its-full-specs-leaked-ahead-of-october-11-unveiling/

This coming Tuesday, Samsung and Google are expected to officially unveil their newest Android phone. We’ve heard about this device countless times so far, and it’s been rumored to be called anything from Droid Prime to Nexus Prime to Galaxy Nexus. And it looks like it’s going to be Galaxy Nexus after all. That’s according to BGR, who have also received a full spec list for the smartphone from a ‘trusted source’. So first of all, don’t forget that this all has rumor status right now. Although everything kind of fits with previous rumors and leaks as well as with Google’s track record with the Nexus S.

Confused? Let me explain. If you were disappointed that the iPhone 4S was just an evolutionary step forward, with a few hardware tweaks here and there, mainly getting it in line with what Android phone makers have been announcing since February… then you clearly don’t know Apple. And if you were expecting the Galaxy Nexus to be another Nexus One, you’re in for yet another disappointment.

The Galaxy Nexus will have a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD touchscreen (just as leaked yesterday) with curved glass (as Samsung has hinted in its teaser video), a TI OMAP 4460 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 32 GB of built-in storage, a 5 MP rear camera with 1080p HD video recording, a 1.3 MP front-facing camera, LTE or HSPA support, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, NFC, and a 1,750 mAh battery.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and will be 9 mm thin. It will be exclusive to Verizon in the US, and will be (as expected) a pure Google Experience device. As such, it will run ‘vanilla’ Android, no TouchWiz in sight here.

---------------------

No TouchWiz! It will be pure Android 4.0!!! That's all I wanted to hear.

So when's the release date likely? I think I will get it. **** the iPhone 4s...I wanted an iPhone 5, but I'm not waiting around till next year for it, especially if it isnt 4G capable.

Will the Verizon phone have Verizon **** on it or not?

As the article states, it is vanilla Android 4.0.

Archived