Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys vs Redskins Game Balls & Turd Balls

Goingforburgundy

On both sides of the ball, the playcalling was conservative. It really did remind me of the Gibbs years and all of those could have, should have games that we blew. I mean, we're still 2-1 heading into St. Louis, so it's quite possible that we'll be 3-1 going into the bye, which is still a solid start to the year. But we looked scared tonight and let a game get away that we should have won by miles.

Game ball:

Williams: Great job blocking Ware.

Landry: FF and a vicious hit. Looked good after being gone for almost a year.

Turd ball:

Rex: 1 INT 1 fumble and actually got lucky Newman didn’t intercept him.

Hall: Damn dude, you talk **** the whole game and at the most crucial moment you fail. Big time. *smdh*

Rex Grossman: Not just because of that last play (though it was his second fumble we were just lucky the Cowboys didn't challenge it), but because he looked off all night and held the ball too long

Rex has looked slow and indecisive with the football outside of a handful of drives this season.

Gameball:

Josh Wilson

He was all over the field & nearly intercepted 3 or 4 passes that were terrible throws.

Turdball:

Playcalling on both sides of the ball. The option play that lost 2 yards? Option play? Really? :doh:

3rd & 21 against the #1 3rd down defense in the League & we can't stop them? Terrible.

Game balls:

Josh Wilson

London Fletcher

LaRon Landry

Oshiomogho Atogwe

Ryan Kerrigan

Trent Williams

Santana Moss

Jabar Gaffney

Chris Cooley

Tim Hightower

Graham Gano

Turd balls:

Rex Grossman

Deangelo Hall

Jammal Brown

Adam Carriker

Barry Cofield

Stephen Bowen

Rob Jackson

Sav Rocca

I think the defensive line played rather poorly for much of the game, honestly. Rob Jackson also makes the ****list for trying to tackle the FB instead of Felix Jones and losing containment on the big 40 yard run. The rest should be quite obvious.

I'm probably alone on this, but I'm not putting 3rd and 21 on Hall. You give any QB that much time with no safety help over the top and any WR worth his salt and he'll get open, no matter the coverage.

Bad playcall.

3rd and 18, we call a zone coverage and get a pick on Romo sits to pee. 3rd and 21, 8 man blitz?

Haslett called a good game up to that point.

I am giving MeAngelo 19 1/2 Turd Balls, because how in the blue hell can you run your mouth like did, not come within 30 yards of touching the guy you ran your mouth about, then get embarrassed on a crucial 3rd and 21 while grabbing the facemask to tack on 15 more yards, essentially killing your team?

He is so infuriating. Mainly because he will have a game this season in which he picks off 2 or 3 with a pick 6 and I will be on his bandwagon again until the next game when he has a repeat of tonight.

Game Balls

Trent Williams owned Ware (and got away with two holds.)

DeMarcus ware had to get completely on the other side of the line to get pressure

Graham Gano.. good solid kicks. Straight, right down the middle. And long,, has he ever hit a 50?

Good kickoffs, even if the gum chewing fool keeps calling directional kicks and running the risk of kicking out of bounds (He almost did on the first kick.) Why not just let him kick it 8 yards deep every time? Dare them to come out.

LaRon Landry

my my the difference he makes. The hit on Laurent Robinson.. no one else on the roster makes that play. Forced Fumble. Pressure all night.. he scared the hell out of the Cowboys.

Chris Cooley and tim Hightower for their blocking. WOW. Destroying people.

Josh Wilson - Great effort tonight. Very scrappy, good tough gritty player. Excellent ball sense.

I'm becoming a fan in a hurry.

May as well give a gameball to Kevin Barnes. Some good tackling tonight and some very good coverage as well. He's a very good nickel back.

Turds- I know I am a broken record, but once again...

Danny Smith. Execute the snap hold and we win. Too bad too, because overall the special teams played well. No penalties, good coverages, great punting, good field goals.

But....execute the snap hold and we win. Period.

And why Smith and not Rocca? Because the botched snap hold was only this weeks catastrophic mistake. It is something every week. If it were a random occurence, I'd be more inclined to blame the player. But it's something every week.

~Bang

Game Balls

Landry

Wilson

Trent

Gano

Fletch

Turd Balls

Rex- two terrible TO's

Kyle- 37 passes 22 rushes. nice play on TD tho

Cofield- pushed around by Phil Costa (UDFA from MD)

Haslett- 3rd and 21 all out blitz

DHall- Shut up and play. Got caught peekin and cheatin and was burned and then the face mask

The equipment magager- KNOW YOUR GD SURFACE.

Game ball:

Gano. Good game!

Cooley. Welcome back.

Landry. Welcome back.

Turd ball.

Grossman. Fat tub of shir had all day and could do nothing with it.

Skins wideouts. Second week they could hardly get open. Pathetic.

Hall. STFU! Fletcher runs the defense you loud mouth **** up.

Kevlar. Damn you magical rib protecting fabric!

The reasons that we lost are as follows:

1) Our players kept on slipping on the Dallas turf, allowing other to make plays, and preventing us from making plays, especially in the running game

2) the 3rd and 21 play, where we all out blitzed Romo sits to pee, I like going after him, but do we really need 7 pass rushers on that play, one saftey would have helped a lost D. Hall

3) Rex holding the ball like a loaf, I think we all saw that one coming, if Grossman gets hit and he doesn't see it coming, it is a Fumble.

4) Botch field goal hold

5) Not being able to take advantage by recovering enough of the fumbles

We did some great things though, like using Cooley as an H-Back,

The TD was perfect, a pass to the flat when everyone was looking a Sellers

Turd Ball:

Offense - Kyle Shannahan's play calling. You don't abandon the run when it's working.

Defense - Hall for running off at the mouth and not backing it up when it counted and Hasslet for going for the all out blitz on 3rd and 20

Special Teams - Tie. Banks for doing nothing and providing no spark. And Sav Rocca for mishandling that FG. Sav would take this but his punts tonight were an asset

Game Balls:

Offense - Trent Williams, way to respond to the criticism

Defense - Laron Landry for his over all play. Ryan Kerrigan for getting his first sack of his NFL career.

Special Teams - Gano, way to go man. Your surprising me

Archived