Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys vs Redskins Game Balls & Turd Balls

Goingforburgundy

I'm trying to figure out why the Skins equipment manager didn't help the players out with different cleats. It seems like there were way too many slips by Skins players whenever they were trying to plant their feet and change direction. All in all, it was a hard-fought game with a lot of breaks that went against the Skins.

I want to ask, where the hell was Davis all night? I see him catch 1 pass then he's a ghost, and flat-footed Cooley gets out there and catches 4...

ooops, forgot ball awards;

Game ball --team overall; played 3-1/2 qtrs hard and on the road.

Turdball--last part of 4th qtr playcalling and execution; team ran outta emotional gas at the end

Looks like im in the minority here, but why all the hate for K Shannahan? B/c he didnt run the ball more? Everyone is aware that our starting fullback was out and we had our TE acting as FB? That probably had something to do with it...Hightower's 2.9 yd per carry probably had something to do with it as well. Could Shannahan be better? Yes but considering what we dealt with before (Steve Spurrier's fun-n-gun, the uncertainty of Gibbs 2.0's offenses, Zorn's guaranteed 17 points or less) is Shannahan really that bad? Especially considering the players he has at the skill positions...

All of that being said, Jim Haslett deserves the turd ball and it wouldve stopped there until I read D Hall's post game interview transcript. No wonder this guy was run out of every city he's played in. So he too deserves a turd ball.

Game Balls;

Trent Williams played amazing. Zero help on Demarcus Ware the entire night and held his own.

Held being the key word there. Or you could substitute Tackled. I counted at least 4 playes where Trent tackled or held Ware, it got so bad even the commentators were talking about it.

Held being the key word there. Or you could substitute Tackled. I counted at least 4 playes where Trent tackled or held Ware, it got so bad even the commentators were talking about it.

That's ironic. I counted four times that Ware jumped offsides. Tough to block when the tackle has to hold his stance til after the snap.

Archived